why wasnt westlifes-when youre looking like that released?

zeebre12zeebre12 Posts: 1,167
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Its one of their most popular songs,a fan favourite and they sang it on every tour..why wasnt it released as a single..it is easily one of their best and would have been an huge hit and another number 1?its one of their signature songs that everyone knows and they released a video for it..why wasn't it released in the UK?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it was released wasn`t it? it has a video for the song
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's strange I always assumed it had been, but, I was curious so looked it up on the Internet and you're right, never released here
  • zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it was never released in the UK, something I will never understand. They performed the song on every tour and it is definitely fan's favorite - such a shame it was never a single.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,759
    Forum Member
    I also always believed it was a single.. Learn something new everyday. On a similar note, I thought 'You Are', the seventh single from Atomic Kittens debut album, was an official single due to it having a video shot and sent to radio, it was originally to be released in time for the Xmas #1 race but Virgin dropped the single and ended up peaking at #90 on import sales
  • coun3spicecoun3spice Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it was released in different parts of the world... it was not in UK

if it was released i believe it is a massive HIT that's for sure...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also always believed it was a single.. Learn something new everyday. On a similar note, I thought 'You Are', the seventh single from Atomic Kittens debut album, was an official single due to it having a video shot and sent to radio, it was originally to be released in time for the Xmas #1 race but Virgin dropped the single and ended up peaking at #90 on import sales

I didn't know that until now, I really like that song:D

On the side note, I think it is a shame that these 2 Westlife songs also weren't released as proper singles even though they had music videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZN4FIsyHR0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjvp1e5CUzo

I will always think Beautiful World is 100 times better than Borelow's Lighthouse - just because the mighty Gary wrote that one, the management decided to go with it the last second despite the fact Beautiful World was planned as a single months ago:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i lay my love on you is also not released..

actually there's a lot of great songs in coast to coast that were not released
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I thought it was released? I remember it being a B-side to Queen of My Heart. I used to be a Westlife fan when I was a kid and I bought some of their singles :o I can't stand them now though.
  • newplanetnewplanet Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    My memory of this is that it was a double A side to some other track in the UK.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it was a B-side, but that still doesn't mean it was a proper single. Plus, it was never a part of double A side. The song was released as a single outside UK.
  • newplanetnewplanet Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    zeze88 wrote: »
    Yes it was a B-side, but that still doesn't mean it was a proper single. Plus, it was never a part of double A side. The song was released as a single outside UK.

Just took a look on discogs.com - yup the single was "Queen of My Heart". I had vague memories of "When You're Looking Like That" being printed on the cover, which would have made it a AA side - but I now see it was only an "includes..." credit.

Weird they showed the video on the telly though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always heard it in clubs a few years ago so i never knew it wasnt a single!
  • siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a European single only which excluded the UK, the same with 'Lay my love on you' and 'Something Right'. I'm glad they performed it alot but its ashame it was never sn official single as imo it was one of their best!
  • Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When You're Looking Like That is my all-time favourite song, absolutely love it. :)

I believe at the time it wasn't released because they had released so many singles in the recent months and they/their management/etc didn't want overkill and for people to get bored, although I can't remember where I read that, it was a long time ago!

Love the video for this song too, definitely my favourite of their videos!
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should have been released instead of Queen of My Heart imo. When you consider WYLLT is on three of their albums (Coast to Coast, World of Our Own and Unbreakable - their greatest hits album!), it's baffling it was never actually a single in its own right.

I Lay My Love On You was another cracker which was never released properly. Should have done that instead of the Mariah Carey duet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should have been released instead of Queen of My Heart imo. When you consider WYLLT is on three of their albums (Coast to Coast, World of Our Own and Unbreakable - their greatest hits album!), it's baffling it was never actually a single in its own right.

I Lay My Love On You was another cracker which was never released properly. Should have done that instead of the Mariah Carey duet.

Agreed with the second part!

I would swap Queen Of My Heart for Bop Bop Baby personally, but I love Queen Of My Heart so much and it was one of my mum's favourites. :) Bop Bop Baby did have the advantage of being one of the songs they were involved in writing though, and I guess this is just personal preference!
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should have done that instead of the Mariah Carey duet.

Although it's the norm for collaborators of today to record their vocals separately, I'm not sure that one really qualifies as a duet. After years of wondering, I've just learned that Mariah and Westlife's so-called duet was just her own version of "Against All Odds", released a few months before, with Westlife's vocals added on and a few instrumental changes. I feel cheated! :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe the less releases by this lot, the better . .
    They only clogged up the airwaves with vomit wrenching tripe.
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Smithy1204 wrote: »
    Agreed with the second part!

I would swap Queen Of My Heart for Bop Bop Baby personally, but I love Queen Of My Heart so much and it was one of my mum's favourites. :) Bop Bop Baby did have the advantage of being one of the songs they were involved in writing though, and I guess this is just personal preference!

Either would be a good swap for WYLLT, although I was very fond of Bop Bop Baby back in the day. It is not their greatest track though!

Mind you, I think What Makes a Man is a way better song than most of their number 1s, so I think I'm a bit weird.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hootie wrote: »
    I believe the less releases by this lot, the better . .
    They only clogged up the airwaves with vomit wrenching tripe.

I don't understand why such hateful comments even now - they disbanded, so don't worry about clogging up the airways:rolleyes:

Besides, they had a lot of trouble with being played on the radio in the UK, so I don't think they were ever overplayed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Although it's the norm for collaborators of today to record their vocals separately, I'm not sure that one really qualifies as a duet. After years of wondering, I've just learned that Mariah and Westlife's so-called duet was just her own version of "Against All Odds", released a few months before, with Westlife's vocals added on and a few instrumental changes. I feel cheated! :p

SERIOUSLY??????

how about the video where they are together singing in a studio?

anyway, thanks to westlife that time, mariah was number again in uk
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »
    I don't understand why such hateful comments even now - they disbanded, so don't worry about clogging up the airways:rolleyes:

Besides, they had a lot of trouble with being played on the radio in the UK, so I don't think they were ever overplayed.

AGREE WITH THAT!!

stop hating, nothing will change, westlife is still the biggest boyband to date in uk!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Diana Ross 'duet', on the other hand...I prefer to block this out. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smithy1204 wrote: »
    The Diana Ross 'duet', on the other hand...I prefer to block this out. :o

I actually agree - I really don't like that song, but thank God the single version is much better than the album version. Plus, the boys actually called her a stuck-up diva as she only allowed one photo being taken with her:D
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    coun3spice wrote: »
    how about the video where they are together singing in a studio?

The video is a LIE! :eek: It was all done for the cameras...the TOWIE of its time, ha ha!

On a similar note, whenever Westlife's song with Diana Ross was on TV, my mum would comment that it looked like Diana's image was added in to the video.