Kylie Minogue - 'Kiss Me Once' (Album Thread)

elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,257
Forum Member
✭✭
She's finally unveiled the album art that she's been teasing online for a few days now, along with the title 'Kiss Me Once'. You will be able to pre-order the album on iTunes from Jan 27 (not sure about other retailers)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bet_7aRIUAAG0Sw.jpg

The lead single 'Into the Blue' debuts on Monday (Jan 27), and will then be released on March 16.

IIRC Kylie said that the second single will be released in the summer and will be a male feature (I think Enrique Iglesias was all but confirmed)?

Not sure on the cover or the title myself, but what do you guys think?

Comments

• MaksonMakson Posts: 30,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would prefer if the cover was that teaser where only her lips are shown, as the pic itself isn't the most flattering.
    I'm totally on board for new Kylie material though....had a little Kylie marathon this mourning and it was a proper sugar rush:D
  • ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    The title Is a bit cack sounds like an album title for one of the teens like Carly Rae jepson or Selena Gomez , like the cover though and always excited for new kylie
  • kyleeekyleee Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Im soooo excited for this album, however, i find the album title rather dull and dislike the cover. I was also expecting more from into the blue but its a pleasant enough tune but not the return to form i was expecting.
  • Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love, love, love.

That's all I have to say! :D

Apart from the fact that I am VERY excited about New Kylie!! 4 Years is too long a wait!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOVE the cover, but what the hell re album title. Sounds so flimsy like Enjoy Yourself.
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hilariously un-Kylie (and hopefully fake!) tracklist:

http://imageshack.com/a/img13/5866/57qt.png
    Into The Blue
    Million Miles
    I Was Gonna Cancel [previously referred to as 'The Winners']
    Sexy Love
    Sexercize
    Feels So Good
    If Only
    Les Sex
    Kiss Me Once
    Beautiful (ft. Enrique Iglesias)
    Fine
    Mr President (Bonus Track)
    Sleeping With The Enemy (Bonus Track)
    Into The Blue (Video)
    Into The Blue (Making the video)
    Into The Blue (Trailer)
    Behind the scenes of the Kiss Me Once photoshoot
    Kylie on Kiss Me Once

Sia has posted on Twitter that she's the executive producer of the album.

Sree Hari @hari4u · 9h
    Goshh @Sia is the executive producer of @kylieminogue 's #KissMeOnce album??! Yaayy!

[...]

sia furler @Sia · 7h
    @hari4u @kylieminogue @PaulyJH I mean, yep! I am exec producer!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nopr, it's real. Kylie's gone all horny on us.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Attia_Ash wrote: »
    Nopr, it's real. Kylie's gone all horny on us.

Oops, just saw it! You can see it if you switch your iTunes to Thailand.

Or just here: https://itunes.apple.com/th/album/kiss-me-once-special-edition/id805619236
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pmsl, at "les sex".:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Kiss me once: for people who wondered what Nu-Di-Ty would sound like spread over a whole album" :D

Seriously though, i'm ecstatic there's a new album coming very soon and i guess i will grow to love the track names
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a massive Kylie fan myself but i am intrigued as to how the album will sound...Into The Blue while not "game changing" is quite a beautiful lead song for the album...and the photo imagery reminds me of MDNA meets SKy Ferreira Night Time, My Time which i love...very seductive...and the titles of the son gs sound mightily filthy.

Also speaking of Sky her and Charli XCX producer Ariel is a producer of some songs on the album...also intrigued by...was worried it would be Will.i.am heavy as speculated...nice to see some Indie Dance inclusion...and Pharell is on a roll isnt he...lets see how it sounds soon.
  • FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Kylie but those titles are hilarious.

Quite interested to see how "Les Sex" will turn out.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really looking forward to this. I love the cover.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's like a bunch of horny teenagers have named the album tracks.
  • kyleeekyleee Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Just read the tracklisting...the three sex titles sound rather cheap but lets see how they sound ( more importantly :)) I just hope she hadnt gone down the cheap and tacky route...been waiting 4 years for this album. Still soo excited tho!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kyleee wrote: »
    Just read the tracklisting...the three sex titles sound rather cheap but lets see how they sound ( more importantly :)) I just hope she hadnt gone down the cheap and tacky route...been waiting 4 years for this album. Still soo excited tho!

Kylie doesn't do cheap :p - she's done this to mislead us ;-)
    CAN'T WAIT!!!
  • newplanetnewplanet Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    Attia_Ash wrote: »
    LOVE the cover, but what the hell re album title. Sounds so flimsy like Enjoy Yourself.

Aww. Enjoy Yourself is one of most favourite Kylie album titles.

I'm more perturbed by some ropey song titles to be honest. Les Sex? If she's gone and done a Janet Jackson and been whisked away by the sex fairies I'll be giving it lots of this in the months to come: :(
  • bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    love kylie - but that tracklisting is hopeless and embarrasing, the kind of cheap slutty stuff id associate with Madonna. FGS Kylie, your are almost 46, and singing 'sexercise'? Christ on a bike.

On a further note, if any of it sounds like the appalling 'nu-di-ty' ill be very disappointed.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    love kylie - but that tracklisting is hopeless and embarrasing, the kind of cheap slutty stuff id associate with Madonna. FGS Kylie, your are almost 46, and singing 'sexercise'? Christ on a bike.

On a further note, if any of it sounds like the appalling 'nu-di-ty' ill be very disappointed.

When I saw the name of that track I imagined Olivia Newton John embarrassing herself in the video to "let's get physical". Nightmare! I hope she's not having a midlife crisis!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can get a cute little package of the album for £45
    Kiss Me Once Limited Edition Vinyl Box Set
    Exclusive to the Kylie store! Only 2,000 available worldwide.

Beautiful silk cloth bound 12” Vinyl Box.

Includes:
    - 12” Vinyl with CD Album and digital Download Code
    - 5 x 12” art prints - includes an exclusive image and lifesize Kylie lip print!
    - 12” sticker sheet containing 10 kiss cut sticker designs
    - 12” ‘faux-window’ featuring raindrops and album title so you can recreate the “Kiss Me Once” album artwork
    - 100 signed by Kylie*

http://kylie.parlophonestore.co.uk/en/featured-11/store-exclusives/kiss-me-once-limited-edition-vinyl-box-set.html
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very excited for this album, tbh, I ADORE the names of the songs, so provocative, so fun, so silly, so awesome!
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, but "Sexercise" is the worst song title in years:(:(:(:(
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member

I adore Nu-Di-Ty
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Album already No.11 on pre-orders alone, another Number 1 album for Kylie upon release we think?? :D:D
  • FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here is how it's doing on iTunes so far, not been released in the US for pre-order yet.

Album: Kiss Me Once
    #2 Spain
    #4 Argentina
    #4 Chile
    #4 Ecuador
    #4 Finland
    #4 Greece
    #5 Mexico
    #6 Colombia
    #7 Hungary
    #8 Ireland
    #9 Brazil
    #9 Italy
    #10 Israel
    #11 United Kingdom
    #13 Belgium
    #15 Netherlands
    #16 France
    #17 Russia
    #17 Sweden
    #18 Taiwan
    #19 Singapore
    #25 Austria
    #27 Philippines
    #27 Portugal
    #30 South Africa
    #36 Poland
    #39 Germany
    #48 Canada
    #48 Turkey
    #49 Denmark
    #72 Costa Rica
    #83 Norway
    #128 Ukraine
    #226 Peru

Not bad for pre-orders especially considering it's just been put up on iTunes. It's got 7 weeks to build up sales so the first week chart positions should be interesting.