Lady Gaga's "Burqa" is one of the worst songs I've ever heard

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
Forum Member
✭✭
It is such an absolute mess. I think it could have been good but everything about it is just awful, from the production to the lyrics to the general structure of the song. I can't believe the song isn't just some sort of lame joke.

Mainly though, I can't believe this song comes from the same person responsible for amazing tunes like Bad Romance and Edge of Glory.

Has anyone else listened to Burqa yet? What did you think?

Comments

• Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In context with the album I think it'll be great, the version that leaked (and performed) I hope is just the demo.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    You're a bit late but I like Aura, it's so much fun and symbolic. It's not her best song but certainly nowhere near her worst. Plus only the demo leaked.
  • Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it, lyrically it's different but memorable and the beat is amazing :) (particularly the live version)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    It's a hot mess, but it's not awful.
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a Gaga fan by any stretch of the imagination but I really like it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised so many like it - shows just how individual musical tastes are. :) If it is just the demo we've heard so far, I can only hope the final version won't sound so messy. There is a good song in there something, it feels like.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I'm a fan but I will admit the song is a bit of a mess, at least the demo is anyway. I hope the final version will be a bit more polished.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely love it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    I really like it. I like the complextro influences in the verses, and I really like the auto tuned second verse when she sing-talks "I may not walk on your street or shoot a gun on your soil".
    I do think that it kind of sounds like three songs in one, though.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not as bad as Americano that was an awful song but yeah seems Gaga can neither do pop nor experimental these days but decent chorus.
  • Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its really bad. Her music has deteriorated to the point where its almost painful to listen to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    The intro is an attrocity. One of the worst noices I've ever heard, it's not even music. The verses are equally painful, both lyrically and musically. The chorus is tolerable and catchy, but the rest of the song is so bad that it can't be saved. Overall, yes, I agree, it's pretty bad.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    It's not as bad as Americano that was an awful song but yeah seems Gaga can neither do pop nor experimental these days but decent chorus.

Americano is great! It does exactly what Gaga set out to achieve with it, a crazy fun song, Gaga having a laugh! :D
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of her strongest choruses. OP sounds a bit bothered.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP sounds a bit bothered.

What does that even mean? :confused: :yawn:

Editing - you edited your post as I replied. so now my own reply makes no sense.

Do you have problem with anyone being critical of Lady Gaga, then?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zora wrote: »
    What does that even mean? :confused: :yawn:

Going to the lengths of creating a thread about a song they heartily dislike = bothered.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going to the lengths of creating a thread about a song they heartily dislike = bothered.

No. You used the word "pressed" before, and in that context I don't know what it means. I'm not down with the kids now I'm 30, I guess.

Why shouldn't I create a thread? This is a music forum for ALL discussion, not just obsessive Stanning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. You used the word "pressed" before, and in that context I don't know what it means. I'm not down with the kids now I'm 30, I guess.

Why shouldn't I create a thread? This is a music forum for ALL discussion, not just obsessive Stanning.

Hence the edit.

There are many current songs I dislike, but I wouldn't create a thread based on that. :D

It's a messy song with some great moments, IMO. Particularly the chorus and breakdown.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There are many current songs I dislike, but I wouldn't create a thread based on that. :D

But people discuss music critically all the time. What's wrong with it? Maybe you should stick to Appreciation threads, because I don't think I'm the one who is bothered.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But people discuss music critically all the time. What's wrong with it? Maybe you should stick to Appreciation threads, because I don't think I'm the one who is bothered.

How many threads on the main page are dedicated to songs that the op dislikes? Lol.

Sad and mean-spirited.
  • tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the song was called aura?

I like the aurararara part. They should use that after the courus too.

I have a strange feeling this is the song which is going to be used as the followup to telephone. Please tell me its not :(
  • anteroantero Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    tim18 wrote: »
    I thought the song was called aura?

I like the aurararara part. They should use that after the courus too.

I have a strange feeling this is the song which is going to be used as the followup to telephone. Please tell me its not :(

A lot of people are worried this is the case! I love the song but it should not be released as a single! The right song, with the added bonus of being the sequel to Telephone's video, could do so well for her! Aura is kind of typical of Gaga ATM for me- a messy verse that's full of WTF moments followed by a strong chorus
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sex Dreams has to be the next single. IMO. Or even ArtPop (song), that might sell the album.
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing I've heard so far is 'special' its either awful, messy and at best just good and actually the only good I've heard is Sex Dreams. If the rest of the album is the same standard then I think she's going to get a hammering from the critics
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did I miss something? Did the final studio version leak?