Charmed - Pick TV (Freeview) - Starts 15/10/12

NailzNailz Posts: 3,052
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I noticed that Charmed is starting from the very beginning on Pick TV next Monday at 5pm.

Worth watching if you've never seen it before. I use to quite like it even though it was very OTT at times.

Comments

• batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was very much a fan of this show! :D

I have lost count of the amount of tines that I have seen each episode, and it was a shock to see Coop pop up in another show that I am into "Continuum"! :D
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    All 8 seasons are on Netflix UK.
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    All 8 seasons are on Netflix UK.

They are, I'm up to Season Five and have been really enjoying it after never watching it when it first aired. I had no idea really whether I was going to like it or not but I usually manage to watch a few episodes a night after the child has gone to bed.
    Really loved Phoebe and Cole's tragic love affair and I think Piper and Leo's relationship is lovely. Was never a Shannen Doherty fan but I really liked her as Prue and I think Rose McGowan made a good replacement in Paige.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    They are, I'm up to Season Five and have been really enjoying it after never watching it when it first aired. I had no idea really whether I was going to like it or not but I usually manage to watch a few episodes a night after the child has gone to bed.
    Really loved Phoebe and Cole's tragic love affair and I think Piper and Leo's relationship is lovely. Was never a Shannen Doherty fan but I really liked her as Prue and I think Rose McGowan made a good replacement in Paige.

You might love all 8 seasons but if you're anything like me season 6 will turn you right off. That one was awful beyond belief and the show never really recovered from it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    You might love all 8 seasons but if you're anything like me season 6 will turn you right off. That one was awful beyond belief and the show never really recovered from it.

Ahh I'll keep an eye out, I'm about 15 episodes into Series Five atm and gutted that Cole's finally been offed!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh I'll keep an eye out, I'm about 15 episodes into Series Five atm and gutted that Cole's finally been offed!

Yeah, I think it was his absence that hit the show hard.

Watch out for "Sense and Sense Ability" though, very funny episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think I have that soon, I'm just watching Lucky Charmed atm :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pick TV should be in HD, the amount of good shows they are showing could benefit from high-def airings as well as correct aspect ratios for Charmed, TNG etc
  • PriliclaPrilicla Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulfam1 wrote: »
    Pick TV should be in HD, the amount of good shows they are showing could benefit from high-def airings as well as correct aspect ratios for Charmed, TNG etc

The picture quality on freeview SD is soo blocky and soft!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Loved it, was surprised to read that it was written by Brian Krause and then changed quite radically by the show's script writers from his first basic idea. It was a very funny episode though, the bit where Paige is questioning the demon and Phoebe points out he probably can't read had me chuckling.

Am onto Series Six now and have to say that Chris is bugging the crap out of me!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it, was surprised to read that it was written by Brian Krause and then changed quite radically by the show's script writers from his first basic idea. It was a very funny episode though, the bit where Paige is questioning the demon and Phoebe points out he probably can't read had me chuckling.

Am onto Series Six now and have to say that Chris is bugging the crap out of me!

Lol, I loved Phoebe's "Paige is suggesting violence against the monkey" line too.

And, ah, I hated Chris. :D
    I may have been able to tolerate him if the guy could act.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol, I loved Phoebe's "Paige is suggesting violence against the monkey" line too.

And, ah, I hated Chris. :D
    I may have been able to tolerate him if the guy could act.

Oh good, glad it's not just me because from all the fan sites I got the impression everyone loved Chris, that might be because they all fancied him though and I'm a damn site too old to be doing that!
  • AnthonySAnthonyS Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Oh good, glad it's not just me because from all the fan sites I got the impression everyone loved Chris, that might be because they all fancied him though and I'm a damn site too old to be doing that!

I thought exactly that, I said to my friend that I thought he was an awful actor and he said "are you joking he's a fantastic actor he's been in x, y, z" so then I started to think whether it was just me and I really didn't have a clue haha.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought it, though Chris did grow on me. S6 was the worst one but I do think S7 & S8 were much better and I'd say it recovered, that said I loved all series.

Literally finished the final episode of the boxset on Thursday, and the way they did the final episode I thought was great. I was glad they didn't do a Prue type ending, which was awful IMO.

Going to start from S1 again soon because I missed the first few episodes and only started getting into it from S2 when it was on Sky a few months ago so then had to buy the boxset but wanted to continue from where I was.

It is a fantastic show, Paige is my favorite out of all the characters though they are all great.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,587
    Forum Member
    Gulfam1 wrote: »
    ..as well as correct aspect ratios for Charmed, TNG etc
    If you're not seeing them in 4:3 then it's your TV that's set incorrectly and not the channel broadcasting them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i started watching Charmed again on Netflix but couldnt watch every series just skipped to my fave episodes good show :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AnthonyS wrote: »
    I thought exactly that, I said to my friend that I thought he was an awful actor and he said "are you joking he's a fantastic actor he's been in x, y, z" so then I started to think whether it was just me and I really didn't have a clue haha.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought it, though Chris did grow on me. S6 was the worst one but I do think S7 & S8 were much better and I'd say it recovered, that said I loved all series.

Literally finished the final episode of the boxset on Thursday, and the way they did the final episode I thought was great. I was glad they didn't do a Prue type ending, which was awful IMO.

Going to start from S1 again soon because I missed the first few episodes and only started getting into it from S2 when it was on Sky a few months ago so then had to buy the boxset but wanted to continue from where I was.

It is a fantastic show, Paige is my favorite out of all the characters though they are all great.

Chris is growing on me now his secret's out, before that he just came across as a bit of a dick but when you know what he was doing and why he was so driven, it goes a long way to making him more likeable. I've just watched the I Dream of Phoebe episode and I loved it, had some great one liners in it. I'm not feeling the hate for S6 personally that I've seen mentioned elsewhere but then I like Leo's character so I'm not bothered by his increased role in it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me, season 6 felt like the point they took all of the bad aspects of the show and magnified it by a 1000. lol
    I detested the bad acting from Chris and I got bored of the "Demon After Wyatt" stuff.
  • pinballmadpinballmad Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    after charmed series 1 finish it start with the last series 8 but series 4 on e4 morning and evening on pick up tv first sries start at 5pm repeated for thoe who miss E4 Series 4 in the week they start show series 4 sat repeat on sunday morning
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pinballmad wrote: »
    after charmed series 1 finish it start with the last series 8 but series 4 on e4 morning and evening on pick up tv first sries start at 5pm repeated for thoe who miss E4 Series 4 in the week they start show series 4 sat repeat on sunday morning

I tried passing this through google translate but I've had no luck. :confused:

:p
  • DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,732
    Forum Member
    I tried passing this through google translate but I've had no luck. :confused:

:p
    LOL!

Lets see if I can deceiver that.

So, presumably, E4 started with season 1, then followed it with season 8 (how random), and are now airing season 4 in the morning and evening (actually, it's the afternoon); Pick TV started from season 1 and it airs at 5pm; E4 repeat the weekday episodes on Saturday and Sunday mornings.

I love(d) Charmed. Watching the Pick TV episodes. I always felt season 5 was the beginning of when the show started to change. The WB (now The CW) wanted the show to be more fluffy and brighter and less dark in story, and season 5 became that, IMO.

I think Charmed worked so well with combining the supernatural and human drama and the dark side to both, that when they lightened it all up, all you were left with was comedy and fairies, nymphs, leprechauns, and tedious love stories. The show lost its grit.

They still managed to churn out some great episodes during the latter seasons, but the majority wasn't great. Chris wasn't written well at all during season 6, and Magic School with the evil headmaster was bad in season 7, and I never liked Billie and Christie in season 8, who I felt were overshadowing the main characters. It all felt like the writers vision was in conflict with the network's vision for the show.

Saying that, seasons 6-8 were still better than a lot of shows produced today. I don't think there's been another show quite like Charmed. No-one makes TV quite like Aaron Spelling did - IMO.
  • spm2013spm2013 Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Rose McGowan is such a dreadful actress I mean oh my god I never realised years ago but I do now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^ Definitely.

I found her quirky in her first season on the show, she was a bit odd but it worked and then it just went downhill.

She doesn't seem comfortable in front of the camera at all with her weird tics and body language. Strange considering the number of years she's been doing it.
  • spm2013spm2013 Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    ^^^ Definitely.

I found her quirky in her first season on the show, she was a bit odd but it worked and then it just went downhill.

She doesn't seem comfortable in front of the camera at all with her weird tics and body language. Strange considering the number of years she's been doing it.

Oh definetly you hit the nail on the head she is awful and yes with all her prior experience its shocking how amateur she comes across as Paige.

I heard Jennifer Love Hewitt was also up for the part of Paige & whilst she is by no means an amazing actress she wipes the floor with McGowan.

Its a shame Shannen had to leave though the chemistry and believable acting of the original sisters was great.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Will Pick TV be screening Season 4 of Charmed after the current season ends later this week?
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,587
    Forum Member
    Cervantes wrote: »
    Will Pick TV be screening Season 4 of Charmed after the current season ends later this week?
    No. For some totally inexplicable reason they're showing S8 :eek::confused:

Looks like E4 has the rights to S4 but they're not showing it again after the current run ends shortly.