Chatting while gaming

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Do you chat with others, not just those on your friends list, while you game or do you prefer going into 'party chat' or 'private chat' ?.

I have done open/game chat but found that there's too much abuse/swearing going on. Yeah I know it's to be expected but most of it seems to come from bad losers. One of the games I was playing was Full House Poker, playing a ranked game and I won a stack of chips from two other gamers and got nothing but abuse for doing so lol.

IMO the Americans are the worst for this.....it seems they expect to win every game...like it's their god given right. How are we supposed to make new gaming friends when shit like this goes on.

I dunno about other gamer's but I like chatting while gaming but with the amount of abuse being thrown around XBL, Is it worth it.

Comments

• Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind open chat but the young kids annoy me with the constant stream of nonsense coming out their mouths. I'm surprised most of them don't pass out cos it seems they take a breath.

Cleared out my friends list so I have no choice but to talk to randoms.
    I also prefer to keep it on so I know if anyone is in trouble.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it seems to be the younger generation that tend to run their mouths off. I prefer chatting with, shall we say, seasoned gamer's as it's good to chat about gaming from years ago :)

I'm always looking for new friends to add to my friends list. If i'm not on your list then send me a request if you like. Would be good to chat with DS'ers on XBL :)
  • The Special OneThe Special One Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Part chat only for me. Can't stand the constant abuse from people with nothing better to do. I used to have my settings on private but stupidly I switched it back and now if I win a game I get a disgusting message or a barrage of party invites, presumably so they cant shout and swear at me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Part chat only for me. Can't stand the constant abuse from people with nothing better to do. I used to have my settings on private but stupidly I switched it back and now if I win a game I get a disgusting message or a barrage of party invites, presumably so they cant shout and swear at me.

Just bad losers I guess lol some of the abuse iv'e received just makes me laugh. I remember when I got loads of abuse from another gamer while playing modern 2 just because I killed him lol wtf did he expect...it's a damn shooting game lol I don't think he quite grasped the point of the game. all he seemed to do was run around without firing....what an 4ss lol
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only chat with Friends. If I'm playing on my own, I don't even bother with my headset.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    I only chat with Friends. If I'm playing on my own, I don't even bother with my headset.

Pretty much this. A shame though, 4/5 years ago I used to have my mic on permanently, but gaming's changed a lot since then. Now it's just not worth it.
  • gavo360gavo360 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    Pretty much this. A shame though, 4/5 years ago I used to have my mic on permanently, but gaming's changed a lot since then. Now it's just not worth it.

Same. Xbox live was great in the first couple of years when the console was more expensive so it was mostly adults that could buy it but the cheaper the console got more kids could afford one. I haven't used my mic in a public game in years.
  • The Special OneThe Special One Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gavo360 wrote: »
    Same. Xbox live was great in the first couple of years when the console was more expensive so it was mostly adults that could buy it but the cheaper the console got more kids could afford one. I haven't used my mic in a public game in years.

Personally I would say it wen't downhill as soon as the Xbox 360 was released and it was seen to be the 'trendy' console for all the kiddies.

The first few years on the original Xbox were great. I would have my headset in all the time and have plenty of friendly banter when playing PES or Halo 2. At the time my friends list was huge because I was adding so many people just because they were friendly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can understand why some people don't use 'open chat now'. I was playing a few games of 'modern 3' yesterday afternoon and I said 'hello' and in return I got 'F*ck u' and 'scottish ****' lmao. So I let my mk14 and M16 do the talking lol

Still doesn't put me off chatting though.