Brendan Brady (Emmett J. Scanlan) Fan Thread! (Part 95)

Comments

• AnotherSarahAnotherSarah Posts: 41,906
    Forum Member
    Ayla I read your latest chapter tonight and I honestly think this story is the best thing you've ever written. It's partly that it's just so up my street, but I really do think it's a wonderfully assured and accomplished piece of writing.
    :cool:
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Do you know how I feel, now this is gonna be a food analogy cos they're easier.

It's like you once had this amazing ice cream sundae and now it's all gone. So you're given an empty can of squirty cream and told, well you can have another sundae but you've got to wait for an unspecified time for the sundae. The empty can of squirty cream is a nice reminder of what you had and what you're expecting but that feeling doesn't last long. And everyone around you is getting their sundaes with extra sauce and sprinkles and you're still waiting...
  • Ready Steady GoReady Steady Go Posts: 39,592
    Forum Member
    Ayla I read your latest chapter tonight and I honestly think this story is the best thing you've ever written. It's partly that it's just so up my street, but I really do think it's a wonderfully assured and accomplished piece of writing.

Seconded.

And thanks for reminding me that I need to leave a review.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,794
    Forum Member
    tezzabobs wrote: »
    No, no, Noah was a sleazy git who tried get with someone who, first of all for all he knew was straight, and second of all had just lost a baby with his ex girlfriend, who was living in the flat he shared with friends.

And that's how Note happened. ;)

Urgh i forgot about, he really was horrific wasn't he?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,944
    Forum Member
    I hope that's why he was sad :( I'm not convinced though, because like you said, he's the one who left him jobless in the first place!

It may as well been a coffin! :p I agree with the BIB - (and it's hot as hell ;)) Some of the scenes this week have shown how much he wants him, and yet just a simple dream sequence would make it so much clearer, and would throw a nice little bone to us. Is it really that hard? Maybe they want to save all the good stuff for when they properly reunite, but I'm not patient!

Well, when he sacked him he was still really raw. He believed that Ste had given up on him. He still loves him, I really do think it is clear. It's just that Brendan's love is well, a bit different innit :cool:
    tezzabobs wrote: »
    Yeah why would Ste have to do online dating?

I mean there's nothing wrong with it (Unless you're India.) but why wouldn't he just go out, and catch someone's eye?

I find it hard to believe nobody has tried slip him their number when he's out on one of his clubbing nights. Unless they have and, of course, we haven't seen it. ;)

You know on-line dating smacks of 'relationship' not hook up so it could be quite understandable really. Someone has said it, but it would be so funny if he basically puts in Brendan as his perfect man - you know in the details and maybe Doug spots this :o
    Forum Member
    mojo5000 wrote: »

It's like you once had this amazing ice cream sundae and now it's all gone. So you're given an empty can of squirty cream and told, well you can have another sundae but you've got to wait for an unspecified time for the sundae. The empty can of squirty cream is a nice reminder of what you had and what you're expecting but that feeling doesn't last long. And everyone around you is getting their sundaes with extra sauce and sprinkles and you're still waiting...

This is so true, Mojo (and I do like your very Brendan-styled analogy.)

I want ice cream sundae!!!
  • CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So now we're gonna have to wait weeks again to see how this is onscreen and what happens after etc and for more spoilers :( My birthdays in just over a month, don't think I'll be getting anything nice on that day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45,402
    Forum Member

I love this. And it's spot on, too. :p
    Bemma21 wrote: »
    Urgh i forgot about, he really was horrific wasn't he?

He truly was.

Poor Ste. He dunt have much luck with men.
    Forum Member

haha brilliant :D

BIB Are you referring to Caddie or Ryndsey? ;)
    Forum Member
    CANDYANGEL wrote: »
    So now we're gonna have to wait weeks again to see how this is onscreen and what happens after etc and for more spoilers :( My birthdays in just over a month, don't think I'll be getting anything nice on that day.

Mine's on the 20th of this month and I've got Ally, Amy and Ste. I don't think I'll be in to see it anyway :p
  • CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Ste gonna start wearing clothes now with Rainbows on? he had the t-shirt yesterday and tonight his apron was Rainbow coloured.
  • AnotherSarahAnotherSarah Posts: 41,906
    Forum Member

:(

I'm just glad I've finally got a sundae. It's not the one I ordered, but I'm enjoying it until the right one arrives, and it's better than all those times I haven't had a sundae at all.
  • ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice analogy mojo, my squirty cream is empty and I am starting to get very, very hungry. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,755
    Forum Member

I missed that
    may I ask you a link to this new ayla's fic?
    Forum Member
    haha brilliant :D

BIB Are you referring to Caddie or Ryndsey? ;)

Neither. I was referring to Bruglas, Broel, Brandomer, Ste/whoever.

Ritzeee was my jam doughnut, until I was told they've stopped serving jam and now there's custard doughnuts instead. Icky icky custard.
    Forum Member
    ally08 wrote: »
    Hey I don't do filth, you are mixing me up with Iclabon, c&s or MissD.

Maybe I should start. ;)

Please do - filthier the better ;)

BIB - this bit did make me :o we'll get our sauce and flake! One day. Keep the faith :D
    Forum Member
    :(

I'm just glad I've finally got a sundae. It's not the one I ordered, but I'm enjoying it until the right one arrives, and it's better than all those times I haven't had a sundae at all.

True. We'll just how to be pleased that we've got our little can of squirty cream while we wait for the good stuff.
    Forum Member
    You know on-line dating smacks of 'relationship' not hook up so it could be quite understandable really. Someone has said it, but it would be so funny if he basically puts in Brendan as his perfect man - you know in the details and maybe Doug spots this :o

Must be Irish
    Must have moustache, beard optional
    Must eat food like an animal
    Must own nightclub

"Err Ste..."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45,402
    Forum Member
    I'm afraid I'm too fussy to be pleased with summat I didn't order. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    guadalupe wrote: »
    I missed that
    may I ask you a link to this new ayla's fic?

Seconded - think I need a bit of fic therapy! :D
    Forum Member
    BIB - this bit did make me :o we'll get our sauce and flake! One day. Keep the faith :D

It'll be the end of the bottle by the time we get it. And the flake will be crumbs.

I am prepared to go on and on with this metaphor :p
  • ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone else really feeling the need for some actual ice cream now?

I'm happy I have some cherry Carte d Or in the freezer. :D
    Forum Member
    Mine's on the 20th of this month and I've got Ally, Amy and Ste. I don't think I'll be in to see it anyway :p

Mine is the 21st, i believe i had Brendan's coming out last year. This year i think my birthdays on a saturday...i await the AAS spoilers telling me that "As Noah returns to Chester, he and Ally compete for Ste's affections ":rolleyes:;)
    Forum Member
    Must be Irish
    Must have moustache, beard optional
    Must eat food like an animal
    Must own nightclub

"Err Ste..."

must wear tight-fitting. crotch enhancing suits
    must have greatwhite teeth
    must love tea - from a china cup oh and...
    must be ready to go all night

yep, I can see douglas' face now :D
    Forum Member
    Mine is the 21st, i believe i had Brendan's coming out last year. This year i think my birthdays on a saturday...i await the AAS spoilers telling me that "As Noah returns to Chester, he and Ally compete for Ste's affections ":rolleyes:;)

Ooh Bemma are you the queen? ;) and haha! Well you never know! :p
This discussion has been closed.