Comments

• emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,166
    Forum Member
    American Beauty (1999) - 8.5/10
  • Peter VenkmanPeter Venkman Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gone Baby Gone - 7/10
    Wow, that was a real dilemma at the end. I think he made the right decision though.

Stuck - 6/10
    Interesting film which starts as a thriller then descends into black comedy. Oh and Mena Suvari... Mena, Mena... youre gonna gimme a piece of that cherry pie, sweet mama baby.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched a few the past couple of days

Return of the Jedi 9/10 would have been 10/10 if it wasn't for the it being the "remastered" version

Life of Pi 8/10 Did get bored in places but a beautiful film

Mama 7/10 Monster was disappointing and it felt like a true plot was lacking. But I got scared in places so it did it's job and I liked the characters. Apart from the doctor
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Stuck - 6/10
    Interesting film which starts as a thriller then descends into black comedy. Oh and Mena Suvari... Mena, Mena... youre gonna gimme a piece of that cherry pie, sweet mama baby.
    Is that the one where she has the cornrows?
    Some nice scenes in that film.
  • Peter VenkmanPeter Venkman Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Is that the one where she has the cornrows?
    Some nice scenes in that film.

Yup...
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Zoolander - 6/10

Gravity - 6.5/10
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Great War (La Grande Guerra) (1959) 9.5/10
    Daylight (Daglicht) (2013) 6/10
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Holy Motors [2012]. Director: Leos Carax

7/10

Nutty film about a guy being driven around Paris in a stretch limo and acting out various weird scenarios in various make-ups. Daft ending. Kylie pops up in one scene speaking french and singing a Neil Hannon song.
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In The Line of Fire (1993)- 7.5/10
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CBFreak wrote: »
    Mama 7/10 Monster was disappointing and it felt like a true plot was lacking. But I got scared in places so it did it's job and I liked the characters. Apart from the doctor

I thought the ending really spoiled that film, it was quite promising before that
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hot Tub Time Machine (LINK)

Silly, raunchy comedy and a fun one at that. Everyone is having a blast. I really enjoyed it. The sequel has already finished filming and will be released sometime in 2014. Most of the cast will be back except John Cusack, who's being replaced by actor Adam Scott.
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mama - really really bad . Crap monster and acting and just wasnt scary.
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    Red 2 (2013) 5/10
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hunger Games Catching Fire

10/10
    Forum Member
    How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000) - 7/10
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Artist And The Model (El artista y la modelo) (2012) 7/10
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    African Cats [2011]. Directors: Keith Scholey & Alastair Fothergill

7/10

Disney wildlife documentary has credits for "original story" and "casting", so a degree of anthropomorphism is inevitable. The HD photography is stunning. Patrick Stewart narrates (the Yanks apparently got Samuel L. Jackson).
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Godfather Part 2, on Blu-ray. I don't find it quite as compelling as the first film, but it's still a favourite of mine. Al Pacino is downright terrifying in it (those dead eyes......).
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tower Block (2012) - 5/10

Technically, it's surprisingly good. Nice camera work, interesting palette and reasonably decent editing. Shame about the story. Virtually no character development. Not many likeable characters. I was mildly irritated with the leading female character's tank top, obviously part of the tough-fighter type. Too American for my taste. As a whole, the film does its job, a mildly interesting thriller. I will keep an eye out for more work from directors James Nunn and Ronnie Thompson, though, as I liked some of their direction in this film.

From a born-and-raised Londoner's view: I'm 90% certain that the tower blocks in the film are digitally amended. A partial digital composition of two distinctive tower blocks from real life.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Station Agent
    Forum Member
    Shakespeare in Love (1998) - 8.5/10
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - 9/10

A few bits I didn't like where I don't feel they did the book justice, or overemphasised parts, but overall a fairly faithful adaptation, and worth seeing for Jennifer Lawrence's performance alone, particularly in the first and last scenes!

Philomena - 9/10

Heartwrenching, but also funny in parts and with fine acting performances all round. Judi Dench should expect many awards nominations!
  • finklyfinkly Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Linda Linda Linda (2005) - Best thing i've seen recently. A real feel good film and probably one of the most relatable high school type films, though i'm not a teenage girl or japanese. 9/10

The Hunger Games (2012) - More brutal than I was expecting. Really liked Jennifer Lawrence. 7/10

As I Was Moving Ahead Occasionally I Saw Brief Glimpses of Beauty (2000) - Liked the idea but hated the execution. Too fleeting and hyper and it's got the most irritating narration i've ever heard - it's so long, by the last hour or so I was ready to scream every time he started to speak. 4/10

To the Wonder (2013) - it was ok. It feels really underdeveloped and extremely Malicky even by his standards. 6/10
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Langoliers - I really enjoyed this, but if ever a film needed a bigger budget it was this film.

The 'special effects' range from cheap to downright laughable.

I'd love someone to remake this & spend some money on it!!!
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Philomena . I agree with the forum member Mystical absolutely amazing film. If Judi Dench and Steve Coogan are not nominated for oscars it will be an outrage.
This discussion has been closed.