A request to the Mods

BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
Forum Member
✭✭
Why oh why can we not have seperate Android and iOS sub forums. The blatant trolling on both parts makes this forum a joke.

Comments

• konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    not true
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why oh why can we not have seperate Android and iOS sub forums. The blatant trolling on both parts makes this forum a joke.

and why do you think having separate forums would stop trolling ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member
    konebyvax wrote: »
    not true

this :D
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    did the mean Android boys spoil the 9 million 'sales' news? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the modern day version of my Dad's tougher than your Dad :D
  • davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    Providing the people concerned with tape measures so they can have at it and settle this once and for all would probably be simpler

And to be honest it isn't just iOS vs Android that is the issue. There are frequent O2 vs 3 threads or the like too that are just as bad
  • calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its not so much iOS vs Android.

Its more "People who buy iPhones are idiots who don't know any better" vs "No they're not".

I know one thing though - if there were two forums, there would be more people weighing in to one than the other.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member

Wouldn't make a diffeernce.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

We should have an iOS one, but not an Android one. iOS is by far the better OS and deserves it's own forum.

/Troll

:D
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can we have a waterproof phones forum too please?

:p
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe we should follow the big brother subforum rules and have appreciation threads, where it is (genuinely) against the t&cs to post negative stuff . /s
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Separating the audience into different parts is pointless. It's always better to have a big place to discuss matters instead of adding a partition.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think mods prefer to be contacted directly via a contact form rather than being addressed publicly with forum posts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    I think mods prefer to be contacted directly via a contact form rather than being addressed publicly with forum posts.

No shit :D
  • Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    TescoJeans wrote: »
    Separating the audience into different parts is pointless. It's always better to have a big place to discuss matters instead of adding a partition.

Not necessarily. Oftentimes you come onto the forum to ask for help with a feature (especially when a new OS is released - be it IOS or Android) the thread rapidly becomes bogged down with "if you'd have bought X Y Z" or "What, it doesn't do THAT, mine has since King Arthur was on the throne" type comments.

If they were seperate, at least if a fan of an oposing OS comes on slating it off you know they are definitley a troll.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love that passionate people with opposing opinions are branded 'trolls' these days get a grip people
  • Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    I love that passionate people with opposing opinions are branded 'trolls' these days get a grip people

I enjoy a debate (and am quite happy to get involved in one) as long as it is constructive.

However, read some of the latest posts - where people who have chosen the "wrong" system are branded morons - to discover that sometimes the debate runs beyond passion.

Also, in a thread asking for help or assistance, a "passionate" response about an oposing system is unhelpful and merely clutters up the thread.

Yes, when that happens I do walk away, but that is a shame for the requester of assistance. Rather like rights v responsibility there should be passion v manners.
  • finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A separate sub forum for OS."wars" would be good. That way if you want to laugh at the folk who paid top whack for a phone with a tiny low resolution screen that won't let you change the keyboard you know where to go.

I am all for keeping the main section free from the Apple fan boy trolling.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having grown up with the Sega -v- Nintendo, Commodore -v- Spectrum and various other "wars", I doubt i'll ever understand the notion behind it.

I've had android phones all the way up to a galaxy s3 and now i've got an iPhone 4s that i'm completely happy with. I'm not about to take 'sides' over it ..
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not going to happen. If you separate the groups, the number of posts drops. This is the Digital Spy forum, it's like the Monty Python £5 argument room!:D
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well you hardly ever contribute any posts to this forum and maybe you are just not used to it and I suggest you avoid the Politics forum too :eek:
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    klendathu wrote: »
    It's the modern day version of my Dad's tougher than your Dad :D

And after the new ios7 update its now a case of my dads better than your dad but he copies everything your dad does.
    Forum Member

Passionate people don't get called trolls....only idiots do...say if someone calls someone a fool just because they like iOS or Android which differs from your own a opinion...that's a troll.
    Forum Member
    Having grown up with the Sega -v- Nintendo, Commodore -v- Spectrum and various other "wars", I doubt i'll ever understand the notion behind it.

I've had android phones all the way up to a galaxy s3 and now i've got an iPhone 4s that i'm completely happy with. I'm not about to take 'sides' over it ..

I'm the same - never understood. I like what I like and other people like what they like.

Maybe it comes from having a Commodore and a Spectrum? :D
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan1302 wrote: »
    Maybe it comes from having a Commodore and a Spectrum? :D

Maybe that's it ? :)

I did have an Amiga, but never an Atari ST though so I suppose technically that makes me an Amiga fanboy !