I feel sorry for Kate Middleton

Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
Forum Member
✭✭
the stress and upset caused over this lady killing herself could make her lose the baby.

I feel so sorry for the family, friends and colleagues and the lady herself and why she felt she had no other option.

These DJs have behaved in an incredibly stupid manner.

Comments

• Winchester LadyWinchester Lady Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel negative towards her and her husband for their constant slaughter of animals for fun - he was even at a shooting party before going to the Middletons last weekend. I cannot feel sorry for such cold, uncompassionate people. Time they did proper jobs and we should stop this pretence that they are in any way special. They have done nothing to earn it, just the opposite.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel negative towards her and her husband for their constant slaughter of animals for fun - he was even at a shooting party before going to the Middletons last weekend. I cannot feel sorry for such cold, uncompassionate people. Time they did proper jobs and we should stop this pretence that they are in any way special. They have done nothing to earn it, just the opposite.

This. End of.
  • Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    Kate Middleton probably doesn't care
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't think they are special - they are just ordinary folk really, the media would have us think otherwise. The "Royal Hotness" tag applied to Pippa gets on my pip :D - Pippa isn't royal ANYTHING!
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the animals are being eaten afterwards by them, it's fine. The two pranksters probably aren't bothered, but I might be wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    I feel sorry for the royal couple too.

I am sure they will both be shocked and upset by this very sad incident, and I feel so sorry for the family and friends of the nurse involved.
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have to agree with you that it would be awful if this story had any adverse effect on Catherine who had nothing whatsoever to do with this very very sad development.

That said.....if blame is to be apportioned.... then it really could be split 50/50

Yes of course it was immature, stupid, ill advised..... to name but three...... of the Australian DJs to go ahead with this prank. In their defence, they said they never for a moment imagined that they would get beyond the initial reception stage.....and it was supposed to be silly prank based on one call to reception.

That they managed to not only get through but astonishingly be put through to Catherine's ward and attain information.... is another matter altogether.

The blame for this does not lie with nursing or reception staff. The blame lies firmly at the door of the Hospital administration/Palace Security who should have had in place the most basic security system whereby no enquiries about Catherine's health should be entertained over the phone. How simple is that one basic rule. Yet.... it was an instruction NOT given to all reception and nursing staff. Had it been.... things may have been very different. They DJs may have been have lit the fuse.... the stick of dynamite was handed to them by an appalling lack of basic security.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^^^this^^^^ totally agree.. Basic privacy rules should of applied ..
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Teacake wrote: »
    Kate Middleton probably doesn't care

Yes, I'd imagine that all that matters is that they've taken the heat out of any questioning concerning the relationship between Jimmy Savile and Lord Mountbatten/Prince Charles.
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    No-one involved is in a very good position.
  • FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the stress and upset caused over this lady killing herself could make her lose the baby.

I feel so sorry for the family, friends and colleagues and the lady herself and why she felt she had no other option.

Why is she still being called Kate Middleton?
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Royal Family are the definition of show-business.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I was under the impression that search and rescue pilots did do a proper job.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member
    conchie wrote: »
    I would have to agree with you that it would be awful if this story had any adverse effect on Catherine who had nothing whatsoever to do with this very very sad development.

That said.....if blame is to be apportioned.... then it really could be split 50/50

Yes of course it was immature, stupid, ill advised..... to name but three...... of the Australian DJs to go ahead with this prank. In their defence, they said they never for a moment imagined that they would get beyond the initial reception stage.....and it was supposed to be silly prank based on one call to reception.

That they managed to not only get through but astonishingly be put through to Catherine's ward and attain information.... is another matter altogether.

The blame for this does not lie with nursing or reception staff. The blame lies firmly at the door of the Hospital administration/Palace Security who should have had in place the most basic security system whereby no enquiries about Catherine's health should be entertained over the phone. How simple is that one basic rule. Yet.... it was an instruction NOT given to all reception and nursing staff. Had it been.... things may have been very different. They DJs may have been have lit the fuse.... the stick of dynamite was handed to them by an appalling lack of basic security.

^^ I totally agree with this, yet sadly it would have been this nurse who took the fall for them all. I just wish she could have seen past this point in time to a future where the whole fuss was forgotten.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I feel really sad for the family of the nurse who committed suicide. I can't imagine what she must have been going through, she was the victim of an awful prank.

I'm pretty indifferent to the Royals. I don't pay them much attention to be fair.
  • Wynne EvansWynne Evans Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have sympathy for the poor girl and her family for the nightmare pressure brought on the woman bt the Royal spin machine and that bloody hospital, it was not the fact she fell for a prank by two DJ's that probably caused her such pain to want to end her life, blame the stupid royals and that pathetic excuse for a hospital.

Her 40 a day habit will do much more harm to the unborn foetus that than the sad death of a minion,
  • ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member

Oh please...this is not the films. You need a pretty hard knock to lose a baby through stress and upset.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Floh wrote: »
    Why is she still being called Kate Middleton?

Windsor is her surname so it should be Kate Windsor, i refuse to give her title.
  • ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    skp20040 wrote: »

Search and Rescue Pilot must be the best job in the world, he has a huge amount of free time. One would think his job was just a formal title.
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    Windsor is her surname so it should be Kate Windsor, i refuse to give her title.

IIRC it's actually Mountbatten-Windsor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cryolemon wrote: »

OK Mrs Kate Mountbatten Windsor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Viridiana wrote: »
    Oh please...this is not the films. You need a pretty hard knock to lose a baby through stress and upset.

Agreed. There are women who experience wars and famines and still go on to give birth. My neigbour is an OB and she recently had a healthy child-- I can't imagine a more stressful situation than operating on someone when you are 8 months gone. Actually, I can. Being pregnant when your husband is posted in Kabul or the Helmand province and hoping that every knock at the door isn't the one from the Army telling you that he has been killed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    Cryolemon wrote: »

IIRC it should actually be Kate Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.
  • guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »

if he ever did it

this year he has toured the Far East, spent numerous days at the sports circus in August, stood around for the jubbly event and of course the French vacation were his wife decided to get her waps out

he even through in a trip to the Malvinas but that was work apparently. maybe a few sheep needed rescuing
  • AndrewPdAndrewPd Posts: 6,718
    Forum Member
    I'm pretty indifferent to the Royals. I don't pay them much attention to be fair.

The reason to feel sorry for them is because they are part of the causal chain of this tragic event.

They will be obviously upset that the Duchesses stay in hospital culminated in this tragedy (for which they bear no responsibility I add)

It is not a case of having to be a monarchist to empathise with them.