Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As we have no evidence of how the children behave when with their mother ..there is no evidence to back your claim.. But we do have regular evidence of how their father allows them to behave when with him

Oh we saw plenty of evidence from MOTY, foul mouthed moron, who thought nothing of cutting short day trips for her cosmetic 'emergencies' :rolleyes: teasing a child until he cried :rolleyes: and sucking the life, soul and joy out of a trip whilst she constantly text and moaned about her shoes getting dirty :rolleyes: seeing as this is her personality and presumably what she is 'liked' for, nothing will have changed bar the procession of men through their home.
    Unless of course you think she suddenly put their thought's and feeling first, which of course she doesn't hence 'daddy' number 101.

Despite all of that I think they are doing very well and that is down to PA and the nannies.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    I would think it is far more likely that Junior would pick up brattish behaviour from his mother rather than his father. Katie doesnt regulate her behaviour for anyone least likely her children who hear her berate everyone in earshot.

SInce DOTY is the one who continuously tells Junior he's a star, a chip off the old block, and has him performing for the cameras every week, I can't see how you can possibly point the finger at KP on this one? And surely if it were KP encouraging this 'bratiness', wouldn't DOTY be trying to correct it on his DOTY show - what with him being a DOTY an' all - so he could look all pious and make that long-suffering face he does... and then have GemmaMouthpiece tell us sanctimoniously how Pete is worried that Junior is acting up because of... well, you know... and becoming too fond of the spotlight... Oh wait!! He can't say that, can he! Cos he's the one putting Junior in the spotlight.

How strange and odd that people are so reluctant to call a spade a spade where DOTY is concerned. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As we have no evidence of how the children behave when with their mother ..there is no evidence to back your claim.. But we do have regular evidence of how their father allows them to behave when with him

We do also have evidence of how their mother allows them to behave also, due to her TV show.

On peters and Katie's show we have also witness him telling the children off, eg: princes throwing a strop, Junior disappearing to play with IPad and he showed good parental skills. Katie showing good parental skills with Harvey, when he refuses to do something or when he throws a strop.

Peter and Katie seem to be good parents. Judge the adults behaviour not the children. The children are typical of most children behaviour.
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member

On the other hand, as you dont know about when he is with Katie, it might just be the case.

You cannot have it both ways. I remember her taunting Junior when he was smaller.

I do agree that she is good with Harvey.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We do also have evidence of how their mother allows them to behave also, due to her TV show.

On peters and Katie's show we have also witness him telling the children off, eg: princes throwing a strop, Junior disappearing to play with IPad and he showed good parental skills. Katie showing good parental skills with Harvey, when he refuses to do something or when he throws a strop.

Peter and Katie seem to be good parents. Judge the adults behaviour not the children. The children are typical of most children behaviour.

Quite. And this thread is about DOTY and I'm judging DOTY's behaviour and the reason why his little kids are coming in for criticism - which is, them being allowed by HIM to behave in a way that attracts criticism on HIS show. So DOTY's fault in this instance. No one else's. DOTY's.
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    gilliedew wrote: »
    On the other hand, as you dont know about when he is with Katie, it might just be the case.

You cannot have it both ways. I remember her taunting Junior when he was smaller.

I do agree that she is good with Harvey.

I think the issue is more to do with the fact that PA allows his kids to filmed which subsequently is causing them, more so Junior to show off in front of the cameras, as another poster pointed out there have been reports of how well behaved they are under normal circumstances so the solution imo is simple, remove them from there Dad's show.
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think most posters are trying to - I certainly am.
    I honestly don't believe that the main issue is the children's behaviour at all - by all accounts they are nice, well-behaved kids.
    As far as I can see, the problem is that we are aware of, and are consequently judging the way they behave, as a direct result of their exposure on tv.
    I am judging the adult - their father - and my verdict is that he's guilty.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Oh it funny that fans of PA blamed the kids behaviour on their mother not DOTY?

So fans accept that the cameras on their's faces all times and in many Magazines?

Wow....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »

So fans accept that the cameras on their's faces all times and in many Magazines?

Wow....

Now be fair Goaty.
    How could it be possible that the world's only single Dad, who spends precisely HALF the time with his children and has won awards for his services to fatherhood could POSSIBLY be at fault in any way - surely you must realise that we can all see what a truly marvellous example of parenthood he is by the endless tv shows and magazine articles telling us all about it?:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »

Wow....

He's only 40, remember. People forget this. He can't be expected to know what he's doing.
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've witnessed both good and bad parenting by both of them which makes them pretty much like the rest of us because I've yet to meet a perfect parent. I feel really uncomfortable seeing children's behaviour dissected on a discussion board but agree that Pete's choices have made that possible. Not all of his fans want the children to continue appearing in the reality show or even for the show to continue. I very much hope that he gives it up sooner rather than later and concentrates on his other work.
  • Val_BeamVal_Beam Posts: 3,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like peter,but i can see his faults,and if i think he's out of order,i'll say so,the children are very spoilt,there is no doubt about that,i didn't like that peter did nothing when princess threw that little pug into the cage and slammed the door,i'd have put her in the cage lol,then we have junior calling claire an elephant(my mummy said your an elephant) so she's just as bad saying things like that in front of the children,so all in all,they are as bad as each other,but one thing i think we are all agreed on,is that peter should take the children off tv and out of the mags,the same with katie and her twitter,and that includes harvey.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    I've witnessed both good and bad parenting by both of them which makes them pretty much like the rest of us because I've yet to meet a perfect parent. I feel really uncomfortable seeing children's behaviour dissected on a discussion board but agree that Pete's choices have made that possible. Not all of his fans want the children to continue appearing in the reality show or even for the show to continue. I very much hope that he gives it up sooner rather than later and concentrates on his other work.

I do agree - but I think in general that the issue is far more about the fact that anyone is in a position to know so much about their behaviour, rather than the behaviour itself.
    It's interesting that you say that many of his fans don't actually want the children to continue in the show - from previous discussions about the kids, I've very much got the impression that some people are actually tuning in specifically to see them.
    What would his fans want him to replace the segments with the children with?
  • momma11momma11 Posts: 3,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »

deleted , will get back to everyone later when I have more time to post
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I was not questioning either parents ..parental skills.. The other poster was putting the blame at their mothers feet ..and hers alone..that is unfair . All kids misbehave at times ..that's normal. But judging from what ive seen ( Ella asked me to watch a few clips of juniors behaviour ) I believe junior is being affected in a negative way by the camera presence. It's like he is putting on a display because that's what is expected of him. His father should reign this in or stop having his kids on his show before its to late.
    I believe both parents love their kids ..but we haven't seen Katie's children with her on her shows for 4 years so can't judge what behaviour she allows in her home
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    I dunno. Looks like a fairly thick, curly head of hair there, unless it's thinning at the crown. The over gelled, plastic hair look does him no favours.

My brother has a fine head of curly hair ( always jealous cos mine is straight :o) but when you look closely it's quite receeding on the sides at the top .. Maybe Mr Andre is the same
  • Val_BeamVal_Beam Posts: 3,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My brother has a fine head of curly hair ( always jealous cos mine is straight :o) but when you look closely it's quite receeding on the sides at the top .. Maybe Mr Andre is the same
    If he's receding,wouldn't straightening it make it show up more,oh i don't know,he is vain though lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Val_Beam wrote: »
    If he's receding,wouldn't straightening it make it show up more,oh i don't know,he is vain though lol

Some men can't handle losing their hair.. Peters brothers all have receeding hair so it's obviously a family thing..
    Peter is just trying to keep it as long as he can ;)
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    He's only 40, remember. People forget this. He can't be expected to know what he's doing.

Is he 40? I'd never have known. He's not mentioned it much. :D
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do agree - but I think in general that the issue is far more about the fact that anyone is in a position to know so much about their behaviour, rather than the behaviour itself.
    It's interesting that you say that many of his fans don't actually want the children to continue in the show - from previous discussions about the kids, I've very much got the impression that some people are actually tuning in specifically to see them.

I don't know about his fans, but I would like to see them replaced with more Gloria. :cool: :cool:

The children should be removed from the show entirely IMO. ........... I can not see it happening though (more's the pity)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Butterface wrote: »
    Is he 40? I'd never have known. He's not mentioned it much. :D

Peter 40 :eek::eek: surely not
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know about his fans, but I would like to see them replaced with more Gloria. :cool: :cool:

The children should be removed from the show entirely IMO. ........... I can not see it happening though (more's the pity)

From what people say..Gloria deserves her own show
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member

Hear Hear! :D
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Therein doth the problem lie...

There's not a lot, really.

I don't think it's a question of what the fans want, but what is tangible for CP and CAN. He's their commodity, but there's not a lot happening.

A few boring segments of him pretending to be a credible musician in the studio... A few clips of Pete in one of his coffee shops.. CP constantly telling us how proud she is of Pete for managing to go to the toilet unattended and remembering his own name. How far he's come since Andrew's death blah blah blah.

I suppose you could feature Emily more - but she's not very interesting either. Perfectly pleasant and lovely but again, they can hardly feature her medical exams...

Once you take the kids out, there's a lot of guff and wind and not a great deal else.
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I obviously can't speak for anyone other than myself, but other posters who like Pete have also said they'd prefer to see the children withdrawn from filming. I've enjoyed seeing them in the past because they're delightful but I don't tune in to see them. I think the amount they are filmed is overstated and the way in which they're featured has noticeably changed since CAN TV stopped filming. I did some time testing on the series before last and the children were on screen for an average of 5 mins per episode. Episodes which involve a family outing are obviously a different case but then there's episodes like the Kenyan safari where they don't appear at all apart from a brief phone call. Emily is clearly filling up the gap. I don't think she was given an ultimatum that she had to appear, it's something they discussed and agreed on to enable them to spend more time together. But as Cyril has pointed out previously, Pete needs to have people to bounce off so it's helped him greatly to have Emily alongside him and it's infinitely preferable to CP.

But I think he's had a jolly good run with the reality show and should give it up now and enjoy his privacy with Emily and the kids. Sounds like the 60MM filming is going really well so hopefully that will open new doors for him and I'm sure he'll be able to keep the wolf from the door. The reality work has given him opportunities but it's increasingly become a stick to beat him with so I'll be glad to see that stop.
This discussion has been closed.