Patrick Kielty In For Steve Wright ( Radio 2 )

occyoccy Posts: 64,630
Forum Member
✭✭
Patrick Kielty is sitting in for Steve Wright week 30th April.:rolleyes:

Comments

• wirelesswonderwirelesswonder Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Suggestions of what I can listen to between 2 and 5 in the afternoon please?

I have the internet so distance is no object!
  • chrisjames37chrisjames37 Posts: 858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As you all know Patrick Kielty is sitting in for Steve Wright for a week starting monday. Do you prefer him to Chris Tarrant ?I''m not so sure.I found him a bit irritating the last time he filled in ....Would be nice if Tony Blackburn had a go for a change.Would bring back memories of when he used to do weekdays on radio One...He's doing bank holiday monday so why not just do a whole week?
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does someone open up another thread when there is one running.
  • mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    hes cat deeleys BF i thought he was gay tbh
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrblank wrote: »
    hes cat deeleys BF i thought he was gay tbh

Surprised what goes on behind closed doors.
  • bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Patrick, just don't think 2pm on radio 2 is the right time.
    Now, I imagine him on Absolute at say 10pm, where he could be a little loose, and hs comedy be allowed to come through with in reason.

Scott Mills should be tried on this gig. but now he is doing 1-4 on Radio 1, he might be the winner next week.
  • AL89AL89 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes yes yes give us a DJ who will entertain
  • AL89AL89 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm joining the wirelesswonder.as I said on the paralell thread bring in Blackburn even Tarrant boors the pants off me
  • Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As you all know Patrick Kielty is sitting in for Steve Wright for a week starting monday. Do you prefer him to Chris Tarrant ?I''m not so sure.I found him a bit irritating the last time he filled in ....Would be nice if Tony Blackburn had a go for a change.Would bring back memories of when he used to do weekdays on radio One...He's doing bank holiday monday so why not just do a whole week?

Anybody is preferable to Tarrant ~ with the exception of Madeley. :(
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he's absolutely great and have really been enjoying the programme. He has an easy charm that works for radio and he doesn't talk down to his listeners.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 422
    Forum Member
    I only listen to the show when there is a guest presenter tbh I can't abide Steve Wright :D
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,670
    Forum Member
    So glad that we'll have some quality radio presenters in the 2-5pm slot next week. Tony Blackburn on Monday and Steve back from Tuesday
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear me he's covering for two weeks from 13th May. Why isn't it Tarrant?
  • Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Oh dear me he's covering for two weeks from 13th May. Why isn't it Tarrant?

Because he wasn't asked?
    Because he was asked but was busy with WWTBAM or other work?
    Because Bob Shennan fancied a different dep this time?
  • lloys-strachanlloys-strachan Posts: 1,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just don't understand why Radio 2 persist in using this guy for cover.
    Never found him funny and he certainly isn't a radio jock. Three hours of moronic prattle.
    Well that will be two weeks I spend over at 6 music and Absolute.
  • James1953James1953 Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listened to the 3 oclock non stop and one of my favs, Young Americans by Bowie ,came on.
    Half way through they did this weird sounding edit and then the last bit of the record. Sounded like they'd taken about 3 minutes out of it.
    Only just started listening to this slot ( my working hours have changed) is this usual to edit records down ? Must say I was disappointed
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can we have Mr Blackburn on in place of Steve Wright please radio 2?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chris983 wrote: »
    Can we have Mr Blackburn on in place of Steve Wright please radio 2?

Yes please or Chris Tarrant.

I can't believe why they keep using Kielty for Wrighty cover.
  • mine's a pintmine's a pint Posts: 779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes please or Chris Tarrant.

I can't believe why they keep using Kielty for Wrighty cover.

Because whoever hires these people calls that entertainment !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Alan Carr was on Radio 2 he used to be ok covering that show. I think CT is busy filming.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's probably because they are worried that Tony Blackburn will do a better job than Steve that they don't put him on! He was great on bank holiday Monday and I for one would like to hear more of him on daytime R2!
  • Station IDStation ID Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    chris983 wrote: »
    It's probably because they are worried that Tony Blackburn will do a better job than Steve that they don't put him on! He was great on bank holiday Monday and I for one would like to hear more of him on daytime R2!

No thanks. He's good at pick of the pops and not bad on bank holidays becsuse he shuts up and plays the music.

When he's on normal presenter mode it's cringworthyand so cheesy he makes wright sound good.
  • the teddy bearthe teddy bear Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Alan Carr was on Radio 2 he used to be ok covering that show. I think CT is busy filming.

Filming what? :confused: Tarrant on Fishing! :D (and it's not as if Millionaire is on every other night these days, ITV now only show it once in a blue moon!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Filming what? :confused: Tarrant on Fishing! :D (and it's not as if Millionaire is on every other night these days, ITV now only show it once in a blue moon!)

Millionaire People Play. ( Which is Live I think. )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God I thought this bloke is bad, but even worse today. Speaking over the top of Paul McCartney song. Speaking about Eurovision and said Ireland should win this year. ( Shouted come of Dublin ) I thought the BBC were impartial. Could he possibly be replaced. I thought I listen in - Two weeks makes me turn off.