- the IAMAMIWHOAMI Appreciation Society -

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
Forum Member
✭✭✭
yeah, the Swedish viral marketing group fronted by Jonna Lee are BACK! ....they did sureal artistry/performance art videos across 2010 and 2011 nd nobody knew who it was for a while...until all was unveiled in 2011.

A expert marker of true genius...they style varies from Madonna, Bowie, Bjork, Kate Bush, Siouxsie Sioux, Yoko Ono, Blondie....a real hybrid of Neo-Electro, Trip Hop, Dream Pop, Art Rock....

And here kick starting 2014 they are back with FOUNTAIN...and a new album due later this eyar...I would love it if they got further awareness....fitting in with current kick ass ladies of avant garde electronica/witch house/dream pop "grimes", Brooke Candy, Charli XCX, Kat Power....here they are

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRazgMj_cfE

what do you think of it? What do you think of them/Jonna Lee...and have you checked out previous material by them...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mini bump ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FOuntain has become one of my songs of the year for me just so chillout and cool...and love having the Kin album. Cannot wait for new material.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I forgot this woman existed lol

I remember when everyone thought it was Christina :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot this woman existed lol

I remember when everyone thought it was Christina :D

Yeah i remember people were suggesting so many different Popstarlets at the time....gaga, Xtina (pre-Bionic), RObyn, Britney, Gwen Stefani (solo project must have been thought) i remember being names thrown out as guesses.

The result and concept was and is genius and so glad Jonna Lee is still doing this project...beutiful music.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    i adore iamamiwhoami ......

so underrated!

loving the new track 'vista'