Forza Horizon

2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
Forum Member
Forza Horizon is an upcoming, open world racing video game for Microsoft's Xbox 360 video game console. Developed principally by British games developer Playground Games in association with Turn 10 Studios, the game will be a part of Turn 10's long-running Forza Motorsport franchise, but is considered more of a spin-off instead of the next true member of the series. The game is expected to be released on 23 October 2012. Official Site

Here's most if not all of the footage of the game shown so far:

Full E3 presentation with Playground Games

Live stage demo with Dan Greenewalt

On stage Forza Horizon Gameplay

Driver's Seat Cockpit Gameplay

Thought I'd make this thread so all footage and conversation can be contained in one area. This is easily my most anticipated game this year, looks like being everything TDU should of been and more. :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah i'm def getting this along with the new Dirt game :)
  • gavo360gavo360 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a good feeling that forza horizon can really bridge the gap between arcade and simulation. Forza 4 is my go to game at the moment so I'm really looking forward to horizon.
  • N3dSt4rkN3dSt4rk Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    Looking good. I love a bit of racing sim but it can get boring. I also like games like Blur (I still play that online), Split Second and lately Driver. So Forza Horizon looks like it is playing it between both genres.
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Any idea if this is going to be as big and open as Test Drive Unlimited?
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    Any idea if this is going to be as big and open as Test Drive Unlimited?

No official word on the size as far as I'm aware other than it's going to be vast open world with lot's to explore. It's based on the state of Colorado, they promise a wide variety of environments to dive through, so not just desert as seen in the E3 demo. I'm pretty sure it's going to be big.
    Forum Member
    No real news on this but there is going to be over 200 cars to drive, that's a pretty large amount considering it's closest rival Test Drive Unlimited 2 only had 100 and they were all poorly rendered. Then we will likely see even more added to the roster in the form of DLC. That's more than I was expecting tbh. :)
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    i hope you have to drive to the car dealership to purchase them, one feature i liked in TDU!
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    I can't wait for this game:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks pretty dull to me. Seems just like burnout paradise with better graphics but not as exciting. only my opinion.
    Forum Member
    Ralph777 wrote: »
    Looks pretty dull to me. Seems just like burnout paradise with better graphics but not as exciting. only my opinion.

Fair enough but it's really nothing like Burnout Paradise. It uses Forza 4 physics which have been tweaked for off road driving so it's a true sim game engine based in a open world environment.

If you were to compare, then it's more like the Test Drive Unlimited series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds great enjoyed every game in the series look forward to playing this.
    Forum Member
    Anyone ordering the LCE edition of Forza Horizon? For those interested I'm pretty certain it's limited to Amazon, Game and Gamestation. So far they don't appear to have them up for preorder at the moment but when you do you gain some exclusive car for FM4 and a bonus car for use in Forza Horizon.

Altogether it seems quite a tempting package and I'm making sure I get VIP membership from the beginning rather than paying for it later down the line.

All the details of the LCE contents and Preorder Bonuses here
    Forum Member
    Here's the trailer

OK, so for some reason no store in the UK has the LCE up for pre-order yet. Not the best way to advertise your game. As the LCE is still only limited to 3 stores I think I'll be going with Amazon but it would be nice if they updated their page for the UK peeps as all the other non-UK Amazon stores updated the day this news broke.
    Forum Member
    Finally! you can now preorder the LCE Forza Horizon from GAME, you will receive your bonus content codes for Forza 4 via your registered email in a couple of weeks.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/forza-horizon-limited-collectors-edition-180656
    Forum Member
    Hey there, I might have a spare code for the LCE preoder which grants you a shiny new Dodge SRT10 with flashy Forza Horizon livery and exclsuive summer events. I'll let you know when I get it and if you're nice to me I'll let you have it for free. :D
  • gavo360gavo360 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey there, I might have a spare code for the LCE preoder which grants you a shiny new Dodge SRT10 with flashy Forza Horizon livery and exclsuive summer events. I'll let you know when I get it and if you're nice to me I'll let you have it for free. :D

Please sir :D
    Forum Member
    gavo360 wrote: »
    Please sir :D

Very good. :D

As soon as the code comes through it's yours, should be any day now, I'll PM it to you (obviously).
  • smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a list of the VIP cars-

2012 Audi R8 GT Spyder
    2011 Koenigsegg Agera
    2011 Lamborghini Sesto Elemento
    2012 Pagani Huayra
    2011 RUF Rt 12 R

Still struggling to get excited for another forza game. I have std edt on pre order for £32, so no doubt the vip cars will end up as dlc at some point:)

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Forza_Horizon_VIP_Cars/
    Forum Member
    Less than 8 weeks away from release and T10 are being more secretive about this game than RockStar are with GTA V.

A few new screenshots <here>

I hope some new footage is coming soon. :)
    Forum Member
    New info and some footage from Forza horizon [here]

It's shaping up to be everything I'm hoping for. Upgrades and tuning are confirmed and your vinyl's can be transferred over so it's going to be every bit as customisable as FM4, if not more so.
    Forum Member
    Another preview here courtesy of Gametrailers. [here]
  • User68571User68571 Posts: 3,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Give us a full on review when it goes live, personally I won't be getting it but it'll be good to hear how it's linked with Fm4
    Forum Member
    I certainly shall do that. :)

So finally we are starting to see some info trickle in.

Here is the new behind the scenes series from T10 episode 1

I want this game NOW!!
    Forum Member
    A new interview with Dan Greenawalt and footage of Forza Horizon featured on Gametrailers GTTV episode 526. You may have to skip to the relevant sections as they split it up through the episode but it's marked on the bottom bar where the footage is. It's well worth watching.

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/4zyxjy/gt-tv-media-molecule---forza-horizon?xrs=share_red

Also something else I thought was pretty cool was a new feature that allows you to find derelict barns that you will come across throughout your travels and within them you will find a beat up old car which you can then take back to the garage and repair/build up. I think it's great that you will be rewarded for exploring the map, it's an important feature I think.
    Forum Member
    My god the car models are looking gorgeous. :eek:

Here's some of the revealed cars so far. Part 1 & Part 2