PS Cross Buy

TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi, I'm aware if I buy Sly 4 on the PS Store, I get the Vita version for free.

So say I'm playing the PS3 version, and then I want to continue on the Vita, how do I get the save on the Vita?

Comments

• Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheVoid wrote: »
    Hi, I'm aware if I buy Sly 4 on the PS Store, I get the Vita version for free.

So say I'm playing the PS3 version, and then I want to continue on the Vita, how do I get the save on the Vita?

I haven't played this game yet, but on Guacamelee you press Start and there is an option saying something like upload to cloud. Then you should be able to press start on your Vita and see the option to retrieve it from the cloud. I would hope that they all work in a similar way.
  • claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could be wrong but I think there is a difference between Cross Buy - you get both versions for the price of one, and Cross Play - you can play between versions.

I think a game has to be Cross Play to do what you are describing.
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does work with this game -

Cross-platform Features
    • Cross-Buy – buy this product for PS3™ and get the PS Vita version at no additional cost. After purchasing, head to the PlayStation®Store “Download List” for your PS Vita and you’ll find this product ready to be downloaded.
    • Cross-Save – play at home or on the move, saving your progress and continuing Sly’s capers on either PS3™ or PS Vita.
    • Cross-Play – use your PS Vita as a set of X-ray goggles to collect hidden items while you play on PS3™.

Just unsure how you continue your game?
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Jenny1986 wrote: »
    I haven't played this game yet, but on Guacamelee you press Start and there is an option saying something like upload to cloud. Then you should be able to press start on your Vita and see the option to retrieve it from the cloud. I would hope that they all work in a similar way.

Works this way on Sly 4 too
  • NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Works really well on Sly, it is a great feature. Good game too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So how do you get the save on the vita to carry on where you left off from the PS3 and vice versa?

Also, how is Sly on the PS3 18GB but the Vita version is only 3GB?
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So how do you get the save on the vita to carry on where you left off from the PS3 and vice versa?

Also, how is Sly on the PS3 18GB but the Vita version is only 3GB?

Its a cloud save. It saves/loads to PSN.

The PS3 version is much higher res than a vita.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a cloud save. It saves/loads to PSN.

The PS3 version is much higher res than a vita.

Oh so you don't need to do anything? If you start it on PS3 and it saves, and then the next day you go to play it on the Vita, it just starts where you finished off?
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh so you don't need to do anything? If you start it on PS3 and it saves, and then the next day you go to play it on the Vita, it just starts where you finished off?

Yip, this is how Motorstorm RC works.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thats the plan. The wonders of cloud saving :).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have to have ps+ and have cloud updates enabled on the vita. Its off by default on the vita.
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Darobi wrote: »
    You have to have ps+ and have cloud updates enabled on the vita. Its off by default on the vita.
    Some games such as Knytt Underground, Guacamelee!, Sound Shapes, Metal Gear Solid HD, Thomas Was Alone etc... have their own cloud saving space completely separate to the storage provided by Sony through PS+ which is accessed via the in-game menu.
  • NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On sly 4 there is an option in the menu called cloud saves with the choice to either upload or download. This lets you instantly upload your save from the ps3 and then download it to the vita and vice versa. Works really smoothly in my experience.
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nedubiz wrote: »
    On sly 4 there is an option in the menu called cloud saves with the choice to either upload or download. This lets you instantly upload your save from the ps3 and then download it to the vita and vice versa. Works really smoothly in my experience.

Yeah, it was like that on Guacamelee, really easy to do. I haven't played a game where it's automatic yet.