Neil Oliver Appreciation

goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
Forum Member
✭✭✭
After watching Neil Oliver of the lovely locks (archaeologist, presenter and journalist) for quite some time have suddenly taken more notice of HIM than his hunters and gatherers, neolithic farmers etc I think he's sexy - and also a bit comical: the way he projects his wild Scots persona and manliness trudging over the hills - I could imagine Dawn French taking him off....

Not sure if this should be under General Discussion

Comments

• HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    goldberry1 wrote: »
    After watching Neil Oliver of the lovely locks (archaeologist, presenter and journalist) for quite some time have suddenly taken more notice of HIM than his hunters and gatherers, neolithic farmers etc I think he's sexy - and also a bit comical: the way he projects his wild Scots persona and manliness trudging over the hills - I could imagine Dawn French taking him off....

My theory is, he is really from Croydon and went to RADA to learn that accent...
  • goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    My theory is, he is really from Croydon and went to RADA to learn that accent...

Ha! But no - that would mean he would be.......sshhh English :eek: Horror of horrors a Sassanack!!
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is a bit of a poseur IMO.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »

I wonder if he has his hair insured?
  • hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

LOL:D
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Probably, he checks it often enough:D
  • CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    Hogzilla wrote: »

I heard he went to the same drama academy as Gine DiCampo did when he wanted to ditch his Sheffield accent and start with the Italian.
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't stand him.

Does remind me of Desmond from Lost though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caldari wrote: »
    I heard he went to the same drama academy as Gine DiCampo did when he wanted to ditch his Sheffield accent and start with the Italian.

Ah that's the place where Liam Gallagher lost his Old Etonian vowel sounds.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D:D

I like the ramblers in the background - am one :D
    It's a bit Monty Pythonish too:)
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    Aye, funny show...quite surreal in places. Series 1, 2 and 3 are on youtube.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must admit I find him quite annoying. The hair is not necessary.
  • BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »

Absolutely!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    untitled-4_zpsb9f3fc67.png

Well there's a fine Scotsman then :)

I suppose he IS a bit of a poseur little sweety - wonder what shampoo he uses? Still if it gets people interested in ancient history.......

Sorry - has been a bit of a boring afternoon. :yawn:

I think the article below is a mickey take or perhaps not

:http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2010/01/19/neil-oliver-insures-his-hair-for-a-million-pounds/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's annoying, and part of me always suspects he hates anyone English but he is still easier on the eye than the otherwise ubiquitous Tony Robinson. And also better qualified to pontificate on things historical, I suspect.:)
  • Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    :D:D:D

I like the ramblers in the background - am one :D
    It's a bit Monty Pythonish too:)

Ah I've been living down south too long; I'd never even heard of Burnistoun till now!

I like Neil Oliver (though not in a fanciable way) and was delighted to see him captaining the team of my alma mater, Glasgow University, on celebrity University Challenge. I never knew he was a fellow graduate. :)
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I often sit behind him on the train, I like to sniff him. He smells like the Molton Brown shop.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    I often sit behind him on the train, I like to sniff him. He smells like the Molton Brown shop.

Lucky you! :)

I love Moulton Brown stuff and would love to smell Neil's hair! :D:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Burnistoun have done a few sketches that might just be based on Neil. :D

Lol first person I thought of when I saw it! I like Neil Oliver programmes he makes history interesting :eek: Sexy no!
  • tabitha2tabitha2 Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    duffsdad wrote: »

Oh, which train.?..where?, when.?..I think he's gorgeous. Yes, a bit hair obsessed, but with that hair..who can blame him :o
  • Winchester LadyWinchester Lady Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he is great - and sexy for sure. He is a very contented man, loves his wife, children and the lifestyle he has - researching, writing, presenting.
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He comes up here a lot to record for tv. He point blank refuses to tie his hair back though! He is his hair apparently :D I can't say I pure hate the bloke, I just don't like him that much ;) One show did bring a lot of tourism here though, so I have to give him points for that. I went to the same primary school as him (what a vague claim to fame that is :D)
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    My mum says he's sexy. I'm more of an Alice Roberts fan myself though lol.
  • jivinjayjivinjay Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    I do find his voice incredibly sexy!!!! I'm from the west of Scotland and normally cringe when I hear local accents on TV but I could listen to him for hours.

:)