Vorderman breaks nose after falling down stairs in heels

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    Shes was just on Loose Women over the phone talking about her broken nose :o
  • akhenatenakhenaten Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LW09 wrote: »
    If I didn't already find it funny, I've now got visions of her falling down the stairs in various ways :D.

I do like Carol though, feel a bit bad for laughing, but it seems even she has seen the funny side. Shes phoning up Loose Women in a bit.

I was just starting to wonder if i was the only person who still likes Carol, everybody seems so nasty towards her these days.
  • quatroquatro Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Running down the stairs - bit silly
    Running down the stairs wearing high heels - stupidity
    Running down the stairs with hands in pockets - utter madness
    Running down the stairs wearing high heels and with hands in pockets - downright insane

CV's change of persona lately, preening as a glamorous celebrity dressing like mutton dressed as lamb, has been winding me up lately. And any thoughts that she is intelligent has just gone out the window.

Another one in the same ilk is Katherine Jenkins - like CV doesn't look so natural any more but thick with makeup and tarted up.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rhinoplasty, nothing more.
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did Carol talk through her nose during the 'Loose Women' phone-in today? :)
  • warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    I wish we could be spared those awful ISME ads :cry:

Oh I'll join that club alright. Can't be doing with hamster cheeks at the best of times but those ads give me the squirms.
  • Striker22Striker22 Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    Happened to me once, not very nice.
    Same thing, high heels ( laboutins) lost my footing in them whilst hoovering and took a tumble down the stairs and through the front door as my other half opened it.

Ended up with a pair of black eyes, one from the door frame and the other courtesy of the wife when she came home unexpectedly and caught me in her favourite LBD.
    She threw me out in the snow and left me to the mercy of a coven of fifteen year old school girls who subjected me to an hour of humiliation and beatings.

Get well soon Carol x
  • End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melodybear wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly!!!!:D

Call me a cynic but that was the first (and only) thought that entered my mind when I heard the story.
  • End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Striker22 wrote: »
    Same thing, high heels ( laboutins) lost my footing in them whilst hoovering and took a tumble down the stairs and through the front door as my other half opened it.

Ended up with a pair of black eyes, one from the door frame and the other courtesy of the wife when she came home unexpectedly and caught me in her favourite LBD.
    She threw me out in the snow and left me to the mercy of a coven of fifteen year old school girls who subjected me to an hour of humiliation and beatings.

Get well soon Carol x

:D:D:D

:o
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LW09 wrote: »
    If I didn't already find it funny, I've now got visions of her falling down the stairs in various ways :D.

I do like Carol though, feel a bit bad for laughing, but it seems even she has seen the funny side. Shes phoning up Loose Women in a bit.

Of course she has.:rolleyes:
    Think how many adverts for " reconstructive rhinoplasty" she can get out of it.
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like to thank the hamster-faced harpy for giving me a such a laugh on a Monday morning.
    I am an awful,awful person.:o

We'll go to hell together...along with my boy, who said "Bet those fake boobs made her bounce".
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We'll go to hell together...along with my boy, who said "Bet those fake boobs made her bounce".

:D:D:D:D:D
  • Black VelvetBlack Velvet Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a shame though that happened and I hope she gets well soon. You can't be too careful with stairs though especially running down stairs in high heels.
  • RyJaRyJa Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another excuse for cosmetic surgery.....:D

First thought that popped into my head!
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe her boobs toppled her over?

:D

Wonder if she did the comedy windmill arm movements as she fell.. that would have been so very very funny :D
  • redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RyJa wrote: »
    First thought that popped into my head!

Me too. Only last week I thought she looked like she had 'work done'. Her cheeks looked like they had been filled to appear plumper, but one side looked fuller than the other. She started looking plastic imo

My first thought when I heard this story was 'nose job' and what a great way to announce it as an 'accident'

That said, I like Carol
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No sympathy at all, i'm sitting her laughing at her stupidity by wearing those heels.
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    akhenaten wrote: »
    I was just starting to wonder if i was the only person who still likes Carol, everybody seems so nasty towards her these days.

You are not alone, I like her, don't understand the hatred,,,
  • pearljpearlj Posts: 1,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Get well soon Carol x

Funniest post of the day for me. :D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    elnombre wrote: »
    Hopefully next time she'll break her neck. Chortle!

Wait...I sense I may have gone too far. Someone should make some sort of diagram so I know which injuries are okay to laugh at and which aren't.

I'm guessing minor bone and cartilage injuries for Vorders are okay for a giggle. Cilla Black getting ripped up in a threshing machine is okay to have a good knee-slap at. Jordan can be anything short of liquefied in a freak acid explosion. Minor wounds to Rihanna are okay for a titter as long as Chris Brown didn't inflict them.

Wow.

Sometimes people try too hard. I'm embaraased for you.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I missing something but why is a woman falling down stairs and breaking her nose funny? I wear shoes with 4 inch heels and more every day of my life so I suppose I'd be fair game if I have an accident according to some of you.
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Am I missing something but why is a woman falling down stairs and breaking her nose funny?

I don't get it either.....
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Get well soon Carol x

But you were doing the hoovering. Some people are never happy. She should have been happy you were pulling your weight with the housework. :D
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PaulBowker wrote: »
    Wow.

Sometimes people try too hard. I'm embaraased for you.

Perhaps instead of being 'embaraassed' for me you should spend your time maligning your typing skills.

By the way, that post, much like this one, took about 30 seconds of my time. I'm flattered that you think actual effort went into it.