Email Problem

My OH bought a Windows Surface Pro tablet last October and when he opened Outlook to check his emails, it downloaded hundreds of old messages. It took him ages to delete them all and the next time he opened Outlook all the messages appeared again. This now happens every time and it has also started to do the same on his PC, after he has been using the tablet. When he hasn't used the tablet, there is no problem with emails on the PC. . The tablet is Windows 8 and the PC is Windows 7. Can anyone advise what he can do to stop this happening please?

Comments

• MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My OH bought a Windows Surface Pro tablet last October and when he opened Outlook to check his emails, it downloaded hundreds of old messages. It took him ages to delete them all and the next time he opened Outlook all the messages appeared again. This now happens every time and it has also started to do the same on his PC, after he has been using the tablet. When he hasn't used the tablet, there is no problem with emails on the PC. . The tablet is Windows 8 and the PC is Windows 7. Can anyone advise what he can do to stop this happening please?

Have you tried deleting the emails and deleting them from deleted items from the PC while logged on to Windows 7?
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It sounds like there is a problem with the way Outlook is configured on the Surface. Without more information it's impossible to say for sure, but one explanation would be the Surface is setup to use POP and the W7 uses IMAP mail.