Don't Trust The B---- in Apartment 23

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
Forum Member
✭✭✭
this is a mid season show that started in the US last night, is anyone giving it a watch? took about 15 minutes to get into it, but i found it was OK :)

according to wiki E4 are going to be showing it over here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don%27t_Trust_the_B----_in_Apartment_23

Comments

• mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    I watched the first 2 episodes on hulu. Liked it more than I thought I would.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the pilot awhile ago and i didn't enjoy it much. It failed to make me laugh, the characters weren't interesting.
    The show is just going to be about both charcaters learning life lessons from each other, which is nice but not something i like to watch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wiki says that it starts on E4 24th May

just got the new ep to watch :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just bumping to remind everyone this starts next week - forgot it had already been renewed :)
  • AA2009AA2009 Posts: 8,378
    Forum Member
    Have watched every episode so far and it's really good. Imagine 2 Broke Girls but actually funny.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James Van Der Beek is the best thing in this, without him it would be quite tiresome :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    US Pace it's the last ep next week :( but can't wait to watch it all again on E4!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Bex. wrote: »
    US Pace it's the last ep next week :( but can't wait to watch it all again on E4!!

Aren't there 12 epsiodes in season 1? ABC have only aired 6...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aren't there 12 epsiodes in season 1? ABC have only aired 6...

the other 6 are going to air as part of season 2
    Forum Member

I see, thanks for clearing that up
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member

Not sure how I feel about that, I'm enjoying it but I needs a lot of work and I was hoping it would pull a Happy Endings and become brilliant in it's second season. Now that over a quarter (or half, not sure what the episode order for s2 is) of the season will be season 1 episodes they won't be able to improve it as much, and they'll miss their chance to bring in new viewers, and those who wasn't keen on season 1.
  • davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    one of the girls looks a bit like her from 90120
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Nahnatchka Khan wrote for "Malcolm in the Middle" and "American Dad!", so this
    show looking very promising. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    AA2009 wrote: »
    Have watched every episode so far and it's really good. Imagine 2 Broke Girls but actually funny.

Yep. And it's from one of the creator's of American Dad and it so shows in the humor, Chloe is basically a live action Roger which means she's fricking hilarious. I highly recommend Apartment 23, it's the best new comedy this year.
    Forum Member
    UserXYZ wrote: »
    Yep. And it's from one of the creator's of American Dad and it so shows in the humor, Chloe is basically a live action Roger which means she's fricking hilarious. I highly recommend Apartment 23, it's the best new comedy this year.

Stylistically I thought it was more Family Guy, what with all the cutaway gags and celeb refferences (but obviously not that similar before anyone shoots me down)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    I find the humor to be more American Dad-ish mainly down to Chloe being a female, live action Roger.
    Forum Member
    UserXYZ wrote: »
    I find the humor to be more American Dad-ish mainly down to Chloe being a female, live action Roger.

I meant the delivery (cutaway gags on mass), rather than content
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member

Oh I do hope so, had high hopes for 2BG and was reallly disappointed in it.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    Bryan Cranston is in the trailer! Very funny Breaking Bad reference.

I'm on board purely for that reason. :cool:
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    didn't find it remotely funny, but then i'll give it another go next week. only the pilot and you always have to give new comedies a couple of episodes to see if they "take" imo ..
  • Gothic-DudeGothic-Dude Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree not that funny, but I thought it was okay, might give it a go, it takes a few episodes for a show to find itself
  • StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    I thought it was alright, i'll stick with it for a few more episodes to see whether it grows on me or not. I liked James Van Der Beek and the Dawson jokes, good on him for sending himself up, he seems like the funniest thing on the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member

OMG your quote is about 10 times funnier than 2BG!!!

...I dunno what it is about the show but I started watching it because it came on directly before Happy Endings and it was something to do, but I don't like it.

Also, is it just me or is 2BG and Don't trust the B**** in Apt 23 REALLY similar!? Like I know it's probably just a coincidence but is it worth having the two shows?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it does get better, well in my opinion anyway :)