Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In (Part 2)

Comments

• bbll22bbll22 Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So... you like episodes where there is no actual threat, and hate those eps where the threat is prevalent throughout... duely noted.

Not all the time, but in this instance I do prefer it that way. There was a lot of heart, soul and warmth with TDTW&TW that TS simply didn't have. All the characters were believable and I actually cared for them. And anyone that says there wasn't a threat in TDTW&TW obviously wasn't paying a lot of attention as there clearly was one. Without Madge there to help save the Doctor, Lily and Cyril, they'd have all been burnt to death by the acid rain as the wooden King & Queen needed to escape. I think that's quite clearly the threat in the episode...possible death by acid rain....

Clara was completely devoid of anything interesting and Jenna didn't make her likeable at all for me; didn't care for Clara and rather hope she dies properly - same problem with Girl in the Fireplace - Sophia made Reinette unlikeable and dull. I was glad when she was dead in that episode...

I'm not liking Jenna anyway from interviews and appearances she's done so far, there's just something about her I can't take to at all...so this new era of the show is going to be difficult for me to enjoy indeed.
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    I think Clara has a spark about her, she is lively and cheeky, stands out from the crowd, and is determined that despite how little she has been given in life, no one is going to use that as an excuse to put her down.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    bbll22 wrote: »
    Not all the time, but in this instance I do prefer it that way. There was a lot of heart, soul and warmth with TDTW&TW that TS simply didn't have. All the characters were believable and I actually cared for them. And anyone that says there wasn't a threat in TDTW&TW obviously wasn't paying a lot of attention as there clearly was one. Without Madge there to help save the Doctor, Lily and Cyril, they'd have all been burnt to death by the acid rain as the wooden King & Queen needed to escape. I think that's quite clearly the threat in the episode...possible death by acid rain....

Clara was completely devoid of anything interesting and Jenna didn't make her likeable at all for me; didn't care for Clara and rather hope she dies properly - same problem with Girl in the Fireplace - Sophia made Reinette unlikeable and dull. I was glad when she was dead in that episode...

I'm not liking Jenna anyway from interviews and appearances she's done so far, there's just something about her I can't take to at all...so this new era of the show is going to be difficult for me to enjoy indeed.

We are all ofcourse entitled to our opinion, but having read your post I fear I have slipped into an alternative universe....The Girl in the Fireplace and The Snowmen, for me anyway, were both two of my favorite stories!! I cannot wait to see Clara again and really look forward to finding out where her character will be heading in terms of development.
    Beautifully played by Jenna I have to say!
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member

Each to their own and the like but seriously, I think Clara is wonderful.
  • jimbo_bobjimbo_bob Posts: 1,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Blimey, you're a cheerful old soul, aren't you... :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jimbo_bob wrote: »
    Blimey, you're a cheerful old soul, aren't you... :eek:

I generally am with all things Who :p....Clara and Jenna have just riled me so much though that I'd rather they'd be out of the show as soon as.

I know its a minority opinion and people are entitled to theirs of course, but when one of the show's main two is completely unlikeable in my case, it really just doesn't bode well for viewing at all sadly...:(
  • Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I generally am with all things Who :p....Clara and Jenna have just riled me so much though that I'd rather they'd be out of the show as soon as.

I know its a minority opinion and people are entitled to theirs of course, but when one of the show's main two is completely unlikeable in my case, it really just doesn't bode well for viewing at all sadly...:(

How can you make a judgement about a character you've only seen... wait a minute, we haven't even seen the Modern Clara yet! :O

And I fail to see how Jenna can be seen as completely unlikeable... she seems really nice. :S Crikey, give her a chance before wanting her thrown out. ^^'

But at the end of the day, people have survived watching Amy despite hating her, and the same applies to Donna, Mel and Adric. It ain't the end of the show. :)
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Without Madge there to help save the Doctor, Lily and Cyril, they'd have all been burnt to death by the acid rain as the wooden King & Queen needed to escape.
    Random comment but I love how this quote sums up how bizarre this whole episode was... it still feels un-Who like now :p
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Random comment but I love how this quote sums up how bizarre this whole episode was... it still feels un-Who like now :p

Bit like a strange dream you might have had, innit? Makes no sense when you try to describe it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can you make a judgement about a character you've only seen... wait a minute, we haven't even seen the Modern Clara yet! :O

We've still seen near enough 2 hours of her though as Clara in one form or another. She was bearable in AotD but annoying as hell in TS. If modern Clara is vastly different to Oswin and Victorian Clara, then that'll be good...I highly doubt she will be though as it would be a case of what was the whole point of her in my mind.
    And I fail to see how Jenna can be seen as completely unlikeable... she seems really nice. :S Crikey, give her a chance before wanting her thrown out. ^^'

There is just something I don't find likeable about her at all. Interviews and appearances on TV haven't helped me in that opinion either. There is just something about her that I don't find likeable - I can't quite put my finger on it, but if I don't like someone, I don't like them. First impressions of Jenna were so-so at best and from there on my view on her has just got steadily worse.

She probably is a very nice and kind person, but for whatever reason I can't see that. She's just really unlikeable...
    But at the end of the day, people have survived watching Amy despite hating her, and the same applies to Donna, Mel and Adric. It ain't the end of the show. :)

I don't want it to be the end of the show - I love the show, I just don't like Clara. I'd like that to be changed, I really would but she is the first companion I haven't liked from the off since I started watching 2005 and I put a lot of that down to Jenna in my mind. There's just something lacking with her....
    Forum Member
    There are some big spoilers over at GB atm. Can't post them just yet or I may cost someone their job. However, a media outlet has repported at least one of them, but as I don't know which one it is I will wait to find out before I post it here.

Something's coming this way though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are some big spoilers over at GB atm. Can't post them just yet or I may cost someone their job. However, a media outlet has repported at least one of them, but as I don't know which one it is I will wait to find out before I post it here.

Something's coming this way though.

Some info has been pulled from DW Spoilers...
    Forum Member
    Is this spoiler
    regarding the Series 7 finale, and a prop?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this spoiler
    regarding the Series 7 finale, and a prop?

No idea? What was that?
  • AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No idea? What was that?

I think it's a gravestone for a character...possibly the Doctor.
    Forum Member
    No idea? What was that?
    It emerged last week that someone spotted a variety of props relevant to Series 7 episodes. One of them was River Song's tombstone...I heard about this last week, but the Daily Star reported it today I believe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It emerged last week that someone spotted a variety of props relevant to Series 7 episodes. One of them was River Song's tombstone...I heard about this last week, but the Daily Star reported it today I believe.

That's a weird one to pull - after all, we knew how it turns out from Day One! ;)
    Forum Member
    That's a weird one to pull - after all, we knew how it turns out from Day One! ;)
    I don't know if I would put it past Moffat to pull some timey-wimey stunt to give us a second exit for her, of course still allowing the first to happen. It's long been suspected she's in that episode already, and it would be a good point to round off her character, especially if Alex Kingston has had enough, perhaps?
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must say if they dare to change the fate of that particular character I will be less than impressed. Yes. Time can be rewritten 'but not those times'.
    Forum Member
    Ah cool, that's the spoiler in question then, definately
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Massive Spoiler in that Daily Star Article.

The Crew member also claims the Cybermen have returned

What an exclusive, only the millions of people who have seen the trailer share that secret :D
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I must say if they dare to change the fate of that particular character I will be less than impressed. Yes. Time can be rewritten 'but not those times'.

Those times shouldn't be rewritten, given that would undermine the character's entire storyline.
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly Shawn. Something's are sacred and shouldn't be messed with just for the sake of some timey wimey clever clogs action. If Moffat does do that it will be the final destruction of that characters worth as to be honest it is only the poignant beauty of the way it was told in reverse that has sustained the arc. I really hope he doesn't do a 'Rose returning' style move and totally ruin those episodes. I don't have too much faith he wont though sadly.
    Forum Member
    Look, said character "died", but their mind was saved. Their body however, would still exist though burnt to a crisp. There needs to be some place that the body is buried ;)
This discussion has been closed.