Cars playing music loud

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,075
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What is your opinion on people who drive with their music up full blast in their car?

Personally, I quite like it and I find it a breath of fresh air to hear good songs being played... It makes me feel in a Summery mood :p

Comments

• Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is your opinion on people who drive with their music up full blast in their car?

Personally, I quite like it and I find it a breath of fresh air to hear good songs being played... It makes me feel in a Summery mood :p

Depending where we're driving the song and general mood loud is always better :p And for all those about to let me stop you.. It's dangerous distracting should be concentrating on the road etc etc yes we know ;)
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    It doesn't bother me, especially in the summer. It's not summer without hearing music out of car windows :D And HM I know it's dangerous, but if you know where you're going you're probably ok :p
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    I like it personally. I love music in general, and it's great to hear what songs other people are listening to. Some of the songs I hear a lot from other people's cars are songs that did badly in the charts, so it goes to show that the charts doesn't always represent what's popular. I live in a big city, so I hear the type of music I like too.
  • ChizzlefaceChizzleface Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    I like to drive with loud rock or metal playing, I'm sure it doesn't go down too well with the natives :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love blasting out a lot of 90s Dance music and Trance! Nothing like a bit of Robert Miles - Children or Darude - Sandstorm on full notch to finish off a summer day! :p
  • CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love blasting out a lot of 90s Dance music and Trance! Nothing like a bit of Robert Miles - Children or Darude - Sandstorm on full notch to finish off a summer day! :p

Beautiful mate, beautiful

Don't forget Sash! - Ecuador though :p
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could happily do without it. More often than not it seems to be that awful heavy bassline club type music, whatever it's called. I wonder why?
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hate it and I'd shoot ye all death stares if I was in a car next to ye:mad:
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the case. They are usually awful songs - when you can make out what they are supposed to be over the pounding bass!
    Forum Member
    Gill P wrote: »
    Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the case. They are usually awful songs - when you can make out what they are supposed to be over the pounding bass!

It'll usually sound different when you're actually inside the car though.

Pretty much every type of song apart from piano ballads will have really loud bass if you turn the settings up.
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    warszawa wrote: »
    I could happily do without it. More often than not it seems to be that awful heavy bassline club type music, whatever it's called. I wonder why?

I believe the technical term is....... sh1t :D

I really don't see why these people see the need to inflict their appalling taste in music on the rest of us.
  • CeeOCeeO Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel embarrassed for them sometimes. Depends on what they're playing. Sometimes a good tune it's like 'reespect' !! Others I just think 'shut ya windows you donkey'.

A bit like a mobile version of the old 80s walking down the street with a ghettoblaster scenario (of which I was a prime mover). :-)
  • UlfgeirrUlfgeirr Posts: 3,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I'm alone in the car I tend to play music fairly loudly, although I almost always have the windows shut.

I have received some dirty looks due to the bass. :o:D
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't bother me at all but I do think you have to be a bit of a knob to do it. I've never seen a woman doing it - says it all really...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few weeks ago someone was BLASTING the Vengaboys as they parked up in ASDA.

Can't remember what song it was, but... not cool :D
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    Doesn't bother me at all but I do think you have to be a bit of a knob to do it. I've never seen a woman doing it - says it all really...

I do it :o

Shoppers in Newcastle were treated to the new Amon Amarth album this afternoon :D
  • ugglauggla Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate it,normally a chav blasting out the same repetitive shite with a monotonous beat.

I don't like it forced upon me, i do have a 7 hour drive to Inverness in the morning and will be blasting some rock while on the Motorway but will turn it down when i go into services or pull over for a drink.
  • paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its fine to have music playing you're car but I find it very obnoxious when people have their windows down as far as they can go blasting it everywhere, especially in small towns or villages.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    I don't mind as long as the music is good most of the time it isn't.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,913
    Forum Member
    CeeO wrote: »
    I feel embarrassed for them sometimes. Depends on what they're playing. Sometimes a good tune it's like 'reespect' !! Others I just think 'shut ya windows you donkey'.

A bit like a mobile version of the old 80s walking down the street with a ghettoblaster scenario (of which I was a prime mover). :-)

I've never heard anyone say that but I'm in stitches! :D

It depends what it is, as many people have said. I haven't passed my test yet, but I look forward to playing music in my car. :) not too loudly though, I know how annoying it can be.
  • devo livedevo live Posts: 729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Around where I live it definitely seems to be a case of louder the volume, the worse the taste in music. It's like the aural equivalent of seeing someone getting wheel spin at traffic lights, just to go down a short back road.
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My dad blasted out some Timbo/hip hop out of a car by a family leisure centre a few years ago like 2006/7, god so embarrassing
  • CeeOCeeO Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've even heard (mainly older) people blasting out SPEECH based radio which I do find quite funny...
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Round this end of East London it's usually people blasting out funky house or gangsta rap in their cars at full blast. :sleep:
    Forum Member
    Jason100 wrote: »
    Round this end of East London it's usually people blasting out funky house or gangsta rap in their cars at full blast. :sleep:

Same in Birmingham, it's "city music" after all. But I love it when I'm walking to the supermarket and I hear so many songs, most of which I know and love.