Touch Season 1 UK Pace [NO SPOILERS]

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a quick heads-up for what seems to be a new episode this evening (described by Sky as a "bonus" episode):
    Sky 1 [HD] 11pm Tuesday 12th March
    Touch Season 1 / episode 13 "The Road Not Taken"

For anyone who misses this showing it will be repeated on Saturday morning: 16 Mar, 1:15am on Sky 1.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I heard about that episode. It was filmed as the ninth or 10th episode for Season 1 but FOX decided to not to air it, and instead showed it many months later. They did something similar with Fringe a few years ago.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I heard about that episode. It was filmed as the ninth or 10th episode for Season 1 but FOX decided to not to air it, and instead showed it many months later. They did something similar with Fringe a few years ago.
    It's actually set after Episode 12 (or most of it anyway).

It takes place on the journey they take from New York to California.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »

Thanks for the correction:)
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any point watching this ep? The show looks like its pretty much done in the US and no doubt it will leave with lots of questions left unanswered.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Is there any point watching this ep? The show looks like its pretty much done in the US and no doubt it will leave with lots of questions left unanswered.

The 2nd Season is very different from season 1 with very few side stories, it mainly concentrates on the search for Amelia by the main characters (though there is another plotline that runs through the whole series as well).

Just looked at the Ratings though and you're right it won't get another season (I'm surprised it's not been dropped already to be honest).

I'm guessing that they will finish off the main plotline (finding Amelia) but it will probably leave a number of questions unanswered.
  • bgtensionbgtension Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When is the 2nd season starting on Sky. I thought that they would have advertised last nights bonus episode more than they did.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2nd starts in April according to geektown. If it doesn't get a finale that ties everything up then I won't bother watching.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt35, i am gonna do the same. Gonna wait for Season 2 to finish to see how it ends and if ends of a cliffhanger, i won't bother investing my time. In some i hope it gets some closure as I really really loved Season 1 and was eager to see the further adventures.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35, i am gonna do the same. Gonna wait for Season 2 to finish to see how it ends and if ends of a cliffhanger, i won't bother investing my time. In some i hope it gets some closure as I really really loved Season 1 and was eager to see the further adventures.

If they are told in advance that it won't be getting a 2nd season they could do a tie up ep that answers all the questions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they are told in advance that it won't be getting a 2nd season they could do a tie up ep that answers all the questions.

That would be nice. It happened to Dollhouse.
  • TiffanyThorneTiffanyThorne Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very good episode. I enjoyed it. The setting of the small town in Oregon was charming, and I enjoyed seeing the Japanese girls again. :cool: The plot with the English couple seemed shoved in just to add more time to the episode and add to the global theme. It was great to see Touch again and I'm looking forward to the next season.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2nd starts in April according to geektown. If it doesn't get a finale that ties everything up then I won't bother watching.

Yes - that matches what the Sky announcer for the "bonus" episode said about Touch returning in April.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »

I knew i was right, it isn't. It was meant to be episode 10. It isn't set after episode 12 at all as episode 12 ends with them on the pier with Amelia's mother.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds great! I will miss the New York setting, but I liked how they handled the new setting in Oregon.
  • .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    I won't be watching this season. Season 1 started off promising but by about halfway through every episode was the same and I got really bored of the Dad repeating pretty much the same lines over and over.

I imagine this will be the last season. Better shows than this have been cancelled on higher ratings.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »

Season two, episode one is now available on demand.

For the HD version go to library, all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has the final ep been shown in the US and if it has, does it wrap up the series or end on a cliffhanger?
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has the final ep been shown in the US and if it has, does it wrap up the series or end on a cliffhanger?

The final of season 1 has been shown but season 2 is still going.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what people are saying, It doesn`t look like it will get another season. Surely the people making it know this and will give it an ending that ties everything up?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is anyone watching the recent episodes on Sky?
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Yes, I'm watching it. I guess it's going a bit more action-oriented than the first season. Jake seems to have stopped helping people round the world for a while, he seems to be just concentrating on Amelia.

Cliffhanger was a bit of a shocker. Should be interesting!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am waiting to see how season 2 ends first. If it ends of a cliffhanger or a nice little wrap up. I am sure the writers saw how awful the ratings were and wouldn't be stupid to leave it on a cliffhanger.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks. I'm intrigued by how different the second season is from the first. The first was like a collection of connected short stories, and this current season is like a novel. The writing has been very surprising- almost every episode has a new twist.

Spoiler Space ( sorry, I can't find how to mark a potential spoiler)

Who knows what's going to happen now it looks like a major character is out for the count. Will the big company try to snatch Ameila again?