EastEnders: Who killed Derek Branning?

The Queen VicThe Queen Vic Posts: 5,775
Forum Member
Derek Branning has been murdered by a mystery assailant - and the whole of Walford is suspected! But who did the dastardly deed? Let's take a look at some snippets of the suspects in actions...

DEREK
I did what was best for you, I only ever have your best interests at heart, Carol, you're my little sister.

CAROL
You don't know what's best for me Derek, you never have done. And the sooner you realise that, the better!

DEREK
Now listen to me, I'm the head of this family and what I say goes. So if I say that that fella of yours is no good, he's no good. Understand?

CAROL
No. I don't understand, Derek. You're pathetic, and you're lonely Derek. That's the truth, you're lonely. You've got no one, so when you think you're needed you come storming in like some knight in shining armour. Well, you're not. You're not. And you know what, if you're the head of this family, perhaps it's about time someone brought you down.

DEREK
And you're gonna do that, are you? Are you gonna bring me down, Carol?

CAROL
I might just.

DEREK (laughing)
You haven't got the bottle, little sis.

GLENDA
Derek, please, just listen to me!

DEREK
I was using you. I always was using you, you pathetic old cow. I wanted one thing and I got it, and now I've got no use for you. So I'm throwing you out. Into the gutter, where you belong. Shut the door on your way out.

GLENDA
I loved you.

DEREK
Oh. Did you? Well that's a real shame. Because I don't love you. And I never have done.

GLENDA
You're a monster. You can't do this to me.

DEREK
I can, and I am.

DEREK throws GLENDA out of the house and onto the floor.

WHITNEY
Admit it, admit what you did. I want to hear you say it.

DEREK
What? What do you want me to admit?

WHITNEY
You killed Tyler.

DEREK
No, I didn't.

WHITNEY
Or you arranged it. That's right - too much talk, eh? Didn't have the bottle to do it yourself so you got someone else to do your dirty work?

DEREK pins WHITNEY up against the wall.

DEREK
I would be very, very careful. You should watch your mouth. That boyfriend of yours - Tyler - he was asking for it. He tried to dupe me out of thousands, he tried to make an idiot of me, and when someone does that, I don't like it. So, if I were you, I'd keep your dirty, prozzie mouth shut. Or if you want, I could reunite you with your lover...

DANNY FOSTER
Get a kick out of hitting women, do you?

DEREK
Sorry?

DANNY FOSTER
I know what you did, and I'm gonna make you pay.

DEREK
You? You're gonna make me pay?

DANNY FOSTER
Nobody hits my wife, and nobody messes with my family. You're gonna live to regret what you did. I promise you. You think I'm all talk, no action. But I'll give you a word of warning, Derek - I'm much more dangerous than you think.

DEREK
I'm shaking.

DANNY FOSTER
You should be. Sleep with one eye open, if I were you.

DANNY exits as DEREK laughs.

PHIL
I'll kill you.

PHIL throws a punch, which is defended by DEREK.

DEREK
Come on then, Phil - give me all you've got!

PHIL
You think you can mess with me?! I'm Phil Mitchell, no one messes with me!

DEREK
You're down on your luck, Phil. This is the end for you. I won, you lost. Now why don't you go and drown your sorrows in a Vodka bottle somewhere.

PHIL
This ain't over - watch your back.

PHIL exits.

DEREK
Once a ****, always a **** eh?

RAINIE
Why did you do this to me? I was good, I was good again.

DEREK
You're a filthy junkie - you always will be.

RAINIE
I was clean! I was clean for nearly a year and you put that stuff back inside me. You gave me that stuff, you injected me with that filth and you watched me suffer.

DEREK
I watched you lap it up, like the dirty crackhead you are.

RAINIE slaps Derek, witnessed by TANYA.

DEREK
Blondie, what can I do for you?

ROXY
Stay away from me.

DEREK
Sorry?

ROXY
Don't play innocent. You're tormenting me, you're getting your bully boys to follow me around and scare me. Well, it isn't gonna work. Stay away, Derek.

DEREK
What you gonna do about it?

ROXY
I'm stronger than you think.

DEREK
Yeah? Fancy a wrestle?

ROXY spits in his face, and he retalliates by hitting her.

DEREK
I could cause you a world of pain, blondie. I'd watch yourself, if I were you.

Comments