wii u video output

Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
Forum Member
✭✭
My wii connects via composite.

Out of the box what cables come with the "wii u"?

I am maxed out on hdmi, Would prefer to keep the composite but only if the quality loss by not using hdmi is not too great.

Comments

• Rossby41Rossby41 Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you'll be out of luck I'm afraid. If you look at the back of the Wii U you'll see it has HDMI only (I think).
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Keiō Line wrote: »
    My wii connects via composite.

Out of the box what cables come with the "wii u"?

I am maxed out on hdmi, Would prefer to keep the composite but only if the quality loss by not using hdmi is not too great.

There will be a huge difference between HDMI and composite quality.
    Now if you actually mean your using a component connection using 480p currently on Wii then the difference in quality will be much smaller as component can carry HD content.
    Composite is Yellow/White/Red cable.
    Component is Red/Blue/Green/White/Red cable.

Rossby41 wrote: »
    I think you'll be out of luck I'm afraid. If you look at the back of the Wii U you'll see it has HDMI only (I think).

And to the left of the HDMI is the standard connection that's used by Wii so you should be able to use the current composite or component cables.
    Now whether or not WiiU will actually output over composite I do not know.
  • CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It comes with an HDMI cable as standard....

...but all official Wii video cables will work with the Wii U (unofficial cables may be a different matter).

By the way...do you mean composite or component?

Composite would always give a far,far worse picture(component and RGB scart give you a vastly improved image even on the Wii).

Component will give you a good picture but I believe most HDTV's will only display up to a 720p resolution via component.....so games which are 1080p will look nicer via HDMI.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    I have the same issue but i beleive this will solve it :)

HDMI Splitter