A Winning Groups Category from BGT Artists

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
Forum Member
✭✭
Now one group has left, and with the others possibly not living up to their early promise (Rough Copy), it seems the category is not as strong as it could be. Imagine if these three groups from Britain's Got Talent were in the category...Gary would be on to a real winner, wouldn't he?

The Luminites:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSwS_mfUV5I

The Mend:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsXdrsYwLBs

The Loveable Rogues:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGMLoTLatQQ

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am aware The Loveable Rogues have since been dropped by SYCO, but the extended exposure that may have come from being on The X Factor may have given them a little more longevity. I also know SYCO are about to push The Luminites out (hence the reason Brick City didn't get picked for the lives, they would have detracted from The Luminites).

If groups of this standard were pushed on The X Factor, rather than BGT, surely that would assist the ratings?
  • hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really wish the Luminites were on this year's xfactor because I really like them and they could have gone to the final.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i can imagine the luminites doing well on XF. if only...
  • GetridofcoleGetridofcole Posts: 1,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The groups on bgt play instruments like a proper group so way to credible for X factor . How ridiculous would these manufactured boy/girl bands look against acts who play and write their own stuff
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The groups on bgt play instruments like a proper group so way to credible for X factor . How ridiculous would these manufactured boy/girl bands look against acts who play and write their own stuff

Many X Factor acts play and write too :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    Many X Factor acts play and write too :confused:

Not groups
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But isn't this what the X Factor needs? A new type of act after all these years to keep things fresh...be a little progressive?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But isn't this what the X Factor needs? A new type of act after all these years to keep things fresh...be a little progressive?

Possibly but can you imagine the conflicting credibility , one minute you could have a modern version of the Beatles then Sam c comes on , a modern Rolling Stones then tamera . It would be laughable the rise then fall of the quality