Do you personally know a celeb ?

1235»

Comments

• SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A friend of mine knows a famous writer, whose name I cannot mention, who is a right cow.

The wizardly one? I can imagine her being up herself.
  • My Sweet LifeMy Sweet Life Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    poppy10 wrote: »
    Are you going to watch the drama they are screening in the autumn about Fred and Rose ? I am. I started a thread asking if people are going to watch it in the TV section and it has disapeared into forumn heaven .:cry:

Oh, I hadn't heard of that! I probably will then. :)
  • Janey123Janey123 Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    I know Rebecca Adlington's Dad and met her when she was little (don't suppose that counts though :D)
  • Moll FlandersMoll Flanders Posts: 1,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    The wizardly one? I can imagine her being up herself.

No! It's not her, although I can see why you might think it is. The person I alluded to is not as famous as the wizardly one, but still quite well known. Her books are constantly on sale in charity shops. But by all accounts she's a dreadful neighbour.
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    My sister-in-law went to school with Alesha Dixon for 5 years, and Alesha's cousin worked for me for about a year.

My dad met Paul Daniels in a shopping centre, rudely informed him that he was a "silly little man", and then walked off. :D
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My girlfriend is related to Joanne Froggatt
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,048
    Forum Member
    No! It's not her, although I can see why you might think it is. The person I alluded to is not as famous as the wizardly one, but still quite well known. Her books are constantly on sale in charity shops. But by all accounts she's a dreadful neighbour.

It's not a "coin followed by a fancy Italian name" is it ?
  • Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    As some of you might know, I'm Dutch. One of the girls I went to school with, Annette Sekreve, married a Dutch Prince and is now a Princess! Her husband, Prince Bernhard jr., is Queen Beatrix' nephew.
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bonnie Tyler is my dads cousin. Never met her though....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    I saw Chesney Hawkes on a bus :) hahaha! Didn't speak to him mind you...!
  • catboy71catboy71 Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Through my work I've gotten to know some celebs pretty well , the main ones to mention are Ian Rankin , Susan Boyle (she lives near me and I see her around most days) . I've never met JK Rowling , but have met her husband Neil many times . I also know Darren Jackson (ex-Celtic player) quite well and been to Dylan Moran's house a few times too. Also , I knew the late Tam Paton (Bay City Rollers manager) pretty well.

My family have always been strongly involved with the Labour Party , and because of that many famous politicians were family friends - Robin Cook , Tam Dalyell , and even ex PM Gordon Brown visited my parents quite often.

I grew up in Bellshill which had a bit of a music scene in the early 90s , and some of my old schoolmates ended up in bands such as Teenage Fanclub , BMX Bandits , Vaselines , Soup Dragons and Primal Scream.

My mum was a folk music promoter in the late 60s early 70s , and got to know the likes of Billy Connolly , Gerry Rafferty , Ewan McColl and others.

Think that's about it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The father of my child is the british record holder at an athletics sport :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ingenue wrote: »
    No I don't :(

Although I do know someone that was an actor on a crimewatch re-enactment.
    lol I shouldn't show off, but I was in two of those. I had a big part in the Sally Ann Bowman Crimewatch doc, but it was actually a smaller part in the other for which I was recognised when working in a pub. I couldn't believe it. I wouldn't wanna be famous though.

As for knowing famous people, na, but I am friends with film people and they might become well known at some point.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know one but not closely, my sister know him better and he visits her best friend several times a week. Theyve known each other for years. My sister knows quite a few actually but he's by far the most famous.

Quite a popular male singer, HUGE in his day, he still fills arenas. Nice guy, I went to college with his daughter.

Not going to say who he is though cuz ill get PM's for autographs ect, ive got them before for people and now its embarrasing. Besides, if his daughter reads this its like im pimping him out haha.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kerry1681 wrote: »
    I knew/know Sheridan Smith. She's from the same town as me. We used to compete in local dance competitions and was in shows together when we little. She won everything naturally and was great. Everyone knew she would be a big star.

You're from epworth too!?!!!
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    barneyboy wrote: »
    I know one but not closely, my sister know him better and he visits her best friend several times a week. Theyve known each other for years. My sister knows quite a few actually but he's by far the most famous.

Quite a popular male singer, HUGE in his day, he still fills arenas. Nice guy, I went to college with his daughter.

Not going to say who he is though cuz ill get PM's for autographs ect, ive got them before for people and now its embarrasing. Besides, if his daughter reads this its like im pimping him out haha.

Please, give us some credit.
  • RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hannah Richings from S Club Juniors went to my primary school and secondary school in fact.
  • soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    I've worked as a sound engineer, mostly for radio and theatre, for 20 years or so. I remain friends with quite a few R4 people, mostly the wonderfully mad continuity, news and weather bods. I have a lot of very good friends from the world of the theatre, but most of them are likely to be known only by people who are regular theatre-goers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am friends with a musician who is quite well known. I wouldn't name him here though. ;)
  • allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soundcheck wrote: »
    I've worked as a sound engineer, mostly for radio and theatre, for 20 years or so. I remain friends with quite a few R4 people, mostly the wonderfully mad continuity, news and weather bods. I have a lot of very good friends from the world of the theatre, but most of them are likely to be known only by people who are regular theatre-goers.
    Hmmmm, I wonder if you know me????:D
  • rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mum used to be good friends with a former racing driver. I can't remember his name, and he retired a long time ago. She met him long after he retired (they were both pensioners). She said he told her he had retired because a lot of of mates were getting killed.:cry:

He showed mum a lot of photos from his career, including with Princess Margaret who apparently bought his rolls royce.

I only met him a few time when he picked mum up. Mum said he gave her a very smooth ride :D
  • rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My partner and I know the former lead of a british sci fi show. We're not good enough friends that we'd pop round his house, but good enough that he'd invite us to join him for a drink /meal if we happened to bump into him sometime
  • soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    allie4 wrote: »
    Hmmmm, I wonder if you know me????:D

Hmm. Allie.... Allie... Allie... did you escape to the rarified atmosphere of R3 a few years back? If so, then I think we have met, but not recently. I haven't worked for Aunty for about 3 years though.

I'll 'fess up later, but for now I'm going to leave you guessing. :D