Borgen series 2 - Danish political drama Saturdays BBC4 - no spoilers allowed. Tak

Comments

• VerenceVerence Posts: 104,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't recognise him.(Please - not the cone!!!!! Although I think Verence should be wearing that:D:D)

He played Krabbe according to IMDB. Who spent a lot of his time sparring with Birgitte IIRC. Who was played by Benedikte Hansen.

PS
    How old is Birgitte's daughter now? 16-ish.

Were those two both politicians???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Were those two both politicians???

Yes. Both politicians.

Krabbe was the right winger(People's Party?) in TK2. Nazi photo springs to mind. I've just watched the actor when he appears in episode 1 of TK2. I still wouldn't recognise him as Kruse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doing a rewatch - nothing else on(the TV that is)

First minute of the first episode. Kasper is on the phone to someone. He doesn't want to talk about the EU. That is not sexy election material.:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Both politicians.

Krabbe was the right winger(People's Party?) in TK2. Nazi photo springs to mind. I've just watched the actor when he appears in episode 1 of TK2. I still wouldn't recognise him as Kruse.

Didn't he try to claim that his father had been a resistance fighter who was imprisioned by the Germans??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't he try to claim that his father had been a resistance fighter who was imprisioned by the Germans??

That's the guy.
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still feel bad about it though because I'm normally so cautious about these things
    I was recently berated (not on DS) because I commented about Dan Stevens' Matthew Crawley character being dead at the end of the Downton Christmas special. Some numpty declared that a spoiler :eek: because although she had watched the episode and that scene, she was busy convincing herself he wasn't really dead. Good grief! :D Happily she was shouted down by the majority...

Anyway, what I came here to say was... I haven't seen the first Borgen and no doubt there are all sorts of continuity things between S1 and this that I'm not "getting" but as far as enjoying it as a standalone series, there's no problem. It's excellent and I don't feel I can't catch up just because I don't have the foundation of the first series to build on.

This is the first of the Scandinavian series I've been able to watch (usually working on Saturday evenings and I never manage to catch up with anything I tape) and it is very enjoyable.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,395
    Forum Member
    Woodentop wrote: »
    First time viewer of this. Also late to TK only watching last series. But The Bridge was my hook and am thoroughly intrigued by Scandi drama now.

Fell asleep watching episode 2 on recording about 2am and will watch tonight. However it was bizarre to see the PM(TK) reduced to car sales and that the one portrayed in this show seems to work very small hours and actually tries to have a normal divorced family life. She seems unconvincing in depth and emotionally torn. However, will see how series plays out and having not seen the evolution from series one, accept I may be misjudging things.

LOL :D, I noticed that straight away, Woodentop, and it is a bit of a come down!

Seriously though, Denmark only has a population of 5.6 million so some of the same actors will eventually crop up in different Danish series.

I like both episodes and they do actually show the dilemmas that a smaller nation and its prime minister faces even if some of the issues relate to own goal back-stabbing such as that displayed by opportunist snake in the grass Jacob Kruse who did not pass on the information about Bent Sejrø's embolism history - that was truly appalling personal and political conduct. :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's the guy.

Amusing really as Lars "Troels Hartman" Mikklesen and his brother Mads both appeared in Flame and Citron a film about the Danish resistance as did Flemming Enevold who played Colonel Dad in TK2 and Peter Mygind who plays Laugesen in Borgen
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Normandie wrote: »
    I was recently berated (not on DS) because I commented about Dan Stevens' Matthew Crawley character being dead at the end of the Downton Christmas special. Some numpty declared that a spoiler :eek: because although she had watched the episode and that scene, she was busy convincing herself he wasn't really dead. Good grief, serious denial! :D Happily she was shouted down by the majority...

Anyway, what I came here to say was... I haven't seen the first Borgen and no doubt there are all sorts of continuity things I'm not "getting" but as far as enjoying it as a standalone series, there's no problem. It's excellent and I don't feel I can't catch up just because I don't have the foundation of the first series to build on.

This is the first of the Scandinavian series I've been able to watch (usually working on Saturday evenings and I never manage to catch up with anything I tape) and it is very enjoyable.

Season 1 was basically crisis of the week plus the story of Birgitte's family life, Kasper's unhappy childhood and Katrine's social life. Her and Kasper were an item. Kasper's reference to his stuff being in storage in the South of France will not be relevant to people who haven't seen season 1.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL :D, I noticed that straight away, Woodentop, and it is a bit of a come down!
    :

I really didn't recognise Statsminister Kampervan!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amusing really as Lars "Troels Hartman" Mikklesen and his brother Mads both appeared in Flame and Citron a film about the Danish resistance as did Flemming Enevold who played Colonel Dad in TK2 and Peter Mygind who plays Laugesen in Borgen

Is that a film you would recommend V? It's available to rent from LoveFilm if so.

Peter Mygind was in TK3 of course. He played the Prosecutor who interviewed Sarah.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is that a film you would recommend V? It's available to rent from LoveFilm if so.

Peter Mygind was in TK3 of course. He played the Prosecutor who interviewed Sarah.

I found it very interesting

So Mygind was a member of the Rat Squad in TK3 and plays a rodent in Borgen
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found it very interesting

So Mygind was a member of the Rat Squad in TK3 and plays a rodent in Borgen

LOL:D:D
    I can see Katrine or Hanne giving Laugesen a slap before too long. Or maybe Hanne will deck him with the Berlin Wall?

Ordered the film, thanks.
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know this wasn't addressed to me but I really liked that film when it was shown on BBC4 a while back!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know this wasn't addressed to me but I really liked that film when it was shown on BBC4 a while back!

Butting in from you TLP is always welcome.;):):)

I thought I recognised the film title. I must have missed it when it was on BBC before. Or maybe my Troels allergy kicked in and I blanked it? :D:D

Ordered it now from LF.

Sidse Babett Knudsen has lost a fair bit of weight from when she was in season 1.

There's a page on a website dedicated to her feet. It takes all sorts I suppose.
  • minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    Happy New Year peeps :D xx

Still not caught up with Borgen yet, but it's sitting pretty on my PVR ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    minkski wrote: »
    Happy New Year peeps :D xx

Still not caught up with Borgen yet, but it's sitting pretty on my PVR ;)

Right back at you minks.:):)

Hope you escaped all the flooding and pestilence that was going round.

Have you seen Season 1?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Butting in from you TLP is always welcome.;):):)

I thought I recognised the film title. I must have missed it when it was on BBC before. Or maybe my Troels allergy kicked in and I blanked it? :D:D

Ordered it now from LF.

Sidse Babett Knudsen has lost a fair bit of weight from when she was in season 1.

There's a page on a website dedicated to her feet. It takes all sorts I suppose.

I think Flame and Citron was shown on the Beeb just after TK2 had finished which is why I was able to recognise Colonel Dad
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Flame and Citron was shown on the Beeb just after TK2 had finished which is why I was able to recognise Colonel Dad

It was last shown on BBC4 on 29th January 2012, according to this
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01bh562

That would be a couple of months after TK2 finished.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was last shown on BBC4 on 29th January 2012, according to this
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01bh562

That would be a couple of months after TK2 finished.

Well in the grand scheme of things two months IS just after :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well in the grand scheme of things two months IS just after :D

Well time is relative, but I would agree with you here.:):)
  • Sideburns57Sideburns57 Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, watched the first two back to back last night and the magic has been retained. I can't immediately describe the appeal the programme has but it certainly has my undivided attention. I will go through your posts over the coming days.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, watched the first two back to back last night and the magic has been retained. I can't immediately describe the appeal the programme has but it certainly has my undivided attention. I will go through your posts over the coming days.

Just done the same.Still loving it

When I saw that Kruse fellow... I thought he looks like Boycie from Only Fools and Horses he definitely can't be up to any good and I was right...
  • minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    Right back at you minks.:):)

Hope you escaped all the flooding and pestilence that was going round.

Have you seen Season 1?

Yes, I watched it with you guys ;)

Flooding was a nuisance, lots of roads closed and massive diversions :mad:Though I can count myself lucky that my house was OK :)
  • Inseriousity.Inseriousity. Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Glad I saw this thread otherwise I'd have never known it was back. Watched the first series last time it was on BBC4 and wondered when we'd get series 2. As good as always, I have a strange love for Hanne Holm even though we hardly saw her last series so good to see she's going to get some more screen time!