Anyone else really dislike katy perrys unconditionally

2»

Comments

• glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I don't hate it, but it certainly ain't no 'Firework' or 'ET'.

The album on the whole is pretty disappointing to be honest. A couple of decent tracks, but I can't see Prism having 8+ singles released from it.
  • Joel BonnerJoel Bonner Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    Not as bad as a majority of her output, but still pales in comparison to 'Thinking Of You'; of which is the only song of hers that I like.
  • tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not as bad as a majority of her output, but still pales in comparison to 'Thinking Of You'; of which is the only song of hers that I like.

This is her worst single (bar part of me but that went to number 1 so..).
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    theres a rumour that only 3 songs will be released from the album???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member

Where did you hear this? Hope it's not true!

I think Unconditionally is the best on the album personally, I love it
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's my favourite Katy Perry song but I think the winner of the Voice USA did it better :o
  • tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This song isnt doing as good as her past singles. Flop? Or still to early?
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tim18 wrote: »
    This song isnt doing as good as her past singles. Flop? Or still to early?

If heavy airplay and a performance on the X-Factor series final couldn't make Unconditionally a hit, nothing will (it's not even in the Top 25 according to the midweeks). It's not just the UK, it's majorly flopped pretty much the world over; going Top 10 in only three countries (Belgium, Bulgaria and Italy) despite being released eight weeks ago. Even in the States, heavy radio rotation isn't enough to keep it from failing down the Billboard Top 100. Luckily for Katy though, she has Dark Horse just waiting to smash.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That probably means from the original ablum, before she releases a deluxe edition or whatever, with a load of new tracks, ha. Weren't there three editions of Teenage Dream?
  • anteroantero Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    So 3008 wrote: »
    If heavy airplay and a performance on the X-Factor series final couldn't make Unconditionally a hit, nothing will (it's not even in the Top 25 according to the midweeks). It's not just the UK, it's majorly flopped pretty much the world over; going Top 10 in only three countries (Belgium, Bulgaria and Italy) despite being released eight weeks ago. Even in the States, heavy radio rotation isn't enough to keep it from failing down the Billboard Top 100. Luckily for Katy though, she has Dark Horse just waiting to smash.

Should have been single two! However, I'm worried that it won't be a proper single as it was used as a promo one! It's been available and selling well (outselling Unconditionally on iTunes in the US when I last looked) for a while meaning the selling power may be reduced and they may not risk it
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    antero wrote: »
    Should have been single two! However, I'm worried that it won't be a proper single as it was used as a promo one! It's been available and selling well (outselling Unconditionally on iTunes in the US when I last looked) for a while meaning the selling power may be reduced and they may not risk it

its a mess.:o "dark horse" is #7 on itunes in the us, while "unconditionally" is currently languishing at #23. if they don't move quickly "dark horse" could be over before it gets enough traction, but according to billboard, capitol have now issued the track as the third single "following radio's early interest in the track". i still love "unconditionally" though and especially its video.:D
  • MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind the song but she cannot sing it live at all. The arpeggio start to the chorus proves too difficult for her and the performances have been quite cringey. She'd be better off releasing Dark Horse, that's an awesome song.
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's nauseatingly cheesy.
  • CeeOCeeO Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beyond terrible. Even worse than her usual stuff (yes, that is possible).
  • SparklySwedeSparklySwede Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like it. I want to like it, but there's just something about it which I dislike. It's just too bland and never builds into anything more interesting. I get the feeling she just wanted to release an emotional song and thought it would automatically be a success because of her relationship with Brand? I don't know, maybe I'm being too cynical. Maybe she just genuinely thinks it's a good song. I don't think it helps that she can't actually sing it, her voice isn't quite good enough and she should avoid songs like this (and Firework, although at least that was catchy even if she couldn't sing it live...).

It's not that I don't like her ballads. My favourite song of hers is The One That Got Away, and I'm also fond of Thinking Of You and Double Rainbow off the new album. This one is just...well it definitely doesn't reach its full potential anyway.
  • dale0693dale0693 Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like katy perry's unconditionally and hope it's released on Now 87 when that comes out at Easter
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unconditionally is meh. Didn't really listen as her previous single was utter rubbish!
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    I really dislike Katy Perry unconditionally. Does that count? :D

Thats what I thought this thread was about!:blush::p

Shame...

Exits thread laughing like a demented hyena...)