Community Season 3 UK air date?

TmeltTmelt Posts: 85
Forum Member
Anyone know if/when Community Season 3 is coming to the UK? I know Sony Entertainment Television had Season 2 but I can't find anything about plans for Season 3 anywhere

Comments

• thetvkingthetvking Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    As far as I am aware, Sony Entertainment Television haven't picked-up season 3. So no news about season 3 in the UK yet.

As for season 4 in the US, apparently October 19th has moved. To February 7th, that's when Community returns to NBC at 8/7c.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I emailed Sony Entertainment Television they replied saying they are hoping to show it in 2013. If they currently don't have the rights they must be planning on soon.

However I didn't want to wait so picked up the region 1 DVD.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Gulfam1 wrote: »
    I emailed Sony Entertainment Television they replied saying they are hoping to show it in 2013. If they currently don't have the rights they must be planning on soon.

However I didn't want to wait so picked up the region 1 DVD.

Sony Pictures Television owns international distribution rights, I'd imagine the rights default to Sony Entertainment TV if nobody else is interested (and it's fairly underground).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    Sony TV have confirmed they'll be showing season 3 :) If they're showing season 2 again in March, then i imagine season 3 will start in May/June.
    http://www.sonytv.com/news/community-back-sony-entertainment-television
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aimee87 wrote: »
    Sony TV have confirmed they'll be showing season 3 :) If they're showing season 2 again in March, then i imagine season 3 will start in May/June.
    http://www.sonytv.com/news/community-back-sony-entertainment-television

I might sound a bit mad but I hate the wording of the first sentence in that article

''We're pleased to announce that Sony Entertainment Television will be launching a third season of the hit US comedy Community.''

they make it sound like they're the creators of the show rather than we will be airing the third season they wrote launching a third season. It's already on season 4 in America the fact that there are more than a year behind is nothing to be proud of

rant over
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Community S3 begins on 3rd May on Sony Entertainment Television (Sky 157 & Virgin 193). Fridays at 11pm.

Cheers
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Thanks Andy, looking forward to this :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Sony have just put up the trailer for Community S3, starts Friday 3 May at 11pm. Here. http://bit.ly/12sgNgz
  • RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we know if Sony TV sorted out the sound problems? The character's voices all seemed to be at a higher pitch on the UK airings.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Redmond wrote: »
    Do we know if Sony TV sorted out the sound problems? The character's voices all seemed to be at a higher pitch on the UK airings.

That's very much intentional...

European and Australian TV (PAL) operates at a higher frame rate than North American TV (NTSC), so to avoid NTSC produced shows looking weird they are sped up slightly (aprox. 4% if you're interested) for PAL broadcast. The audio is also sped up and is therefore at a slightly higher pitch.

Though with the advent of pitch lock technology it shouldn't really be an issue, and I can't say I noticed it, other than on the theme tune.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry for bumping this thread, but godDAMN is community the FUNNIEST show on tv!!!
    :D

but pity they don't show four eps at a time now, only two

this show is WASTED on sonyTV!!!!!
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh and apparently SEASON FOUR started LAST WEEK!!!!!

bloody idiots sony tv .....thanks for not advertising it morons!

they don't even repeat it on sundays now :mad:
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    I don't think Sony TV advertise anything do they?

Doubt they have the budget.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    I don't think Sony TV advertise anything do they?

Doubt they have the budget.

Oh, of course they advertise. Just not very well; the ads on SonyTV for Season 3 claimed their school was "Greensdale" and said Dean Pelton was part of the study group. :cry:

That's not a good sign, when an affiliate of the very production company that produces the show, get's basic, easily checkable facts wrong (in the age of Google). Humanity is doomed to endure a lifetime of generic reality shows.