Clare Perkins, Kierston Wareing...and next?

vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,069
Forum Member
✭✭
The additions of Clare Perkins and Kierston Wareing to the regular EE cast are most welcome in my opinion - LN has found quality actresses so it is my hope she builds on this in 2013 with some more decent signings...

Comments

• Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still in shock that Kierston is now in EE.

I just hope they don't waste her. She is the strongest actress they now have. Anyone who has ever seen her in anything else will tell you this. She was electric against Tom Hardy in The Take. Thats why I can't see her staying longer than two years. Kierston will probably end up working in America at some point.
  • Michelle JonesMichelle Jones Posts: 5,450
    Forum Member
    Is it only me or has anyone else never heard of this Kierston woman? People on here are talking as though she's as well known as Jessie Wallace or something:confused:!!

I'm not being mean about her or anything and I think she showed promise in her first ep, I'm just wondering what else she's done as many on here seem to know her already:)
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it only me or has anyone else never heard of this Kierston woman? People on here are talking as though she's as well known as Jessie Wallace or something:confused:!!

I'm not being mean about her or anything and I think she showed promise in her first ep, I'm just wondering what else she's done as many on here seem to know her already:)

She hasn't been in too much as she only started acting in 2007. Since then however she has won acclaim for everything she has been in. Was nominated for a BAFTA and has won several film awards.
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member

I've actually seen some of the things she's been in and I still don't know who she is lol :o
    Forum Member
    She hasn't been in too much as she only started acting in 2007. Since then however she has won acclaim for everything she has been in. Was nominated for a BAFTA and has won several film awards.

Oh impressive then. They'll probably want to hold on to her for a while then;)!
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't realise it was her from the take. Was she the one who stabbed the scissors in his back at the end.

If she is the same woman I assume she has had work done since then

I assume we will get a back story as to why she was in Manchester. When she arrived she sounded more like she had just come from somewhere local
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her brothers' are coming into the soap as well.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    I didn't realise it was her from the take. Was she the one who stabbed the scissors in his back at the end.

If she is the same woman I assume she has had work done since then

I assume we will get a back story as to why she was in Manchester. When she arrived she sounded more like she had just come from somewhere local

I'm guessing she was from somewhere local. Didn't she say that it was Max who suggested they move to Manchester to start a new life?
    Forum Member

Oh you're kidding me:rolleyes:?! I can see it now. Her brothers come in and are immediately at war with Jack and Max:yawn:! One of them makes a move on Sharon, another one sleeps with Kat! Naturally they'll get on the wrong side of Phil and he'll also be at war with them. Then no doubt they're Dad will turn up at some point, and of course, they'll not get on with him because he abandoned them as kids blah blah blah:yawn::sleep:!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

no, i have no idea who she is either, seemed ok

(i didnt like her hair though)
  • Superstar99Superstar99 Posts: 1,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh you're kidding me:rolleyes:?! I can see it now. Her brothers come in and are immediately at war with Jack and Max:yawn:! One of them makes a move on Sharon, another one sleeps with Kat! Naturally they'll get on the wrong side of Phil and he'll also be at war with them. Then no doubt they're Dad will turn up at some point, and of course, they'll not get on with him because he abandoned them as kids blah blah blah:yawn::sleep:!!

Completely agree, yet more extensions for the Branning family to be involved in and 2013 is yet again going to be all about them. We already have Ava and her son coming in as other extensions too. May as well rename it Branstenders next year.
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member

Do you have a link for the source?
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this confirmed?
  • FallingPianoFallingPiano Posts: 962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Completely agree, yet more extensions for the Branning family to be involved in and 2013 is yet again going to be all about them. We already have Ava and her son coming in as other extensions too. May as well rename it Branstenders next year.

The bitterness is strong in this one. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How many brothers does Kirsty have?
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bitterness is strong in this one. ;)

What's so bitter about pointing out that there are too many Brannings in the show?:confused:

BTW Kierston Wearing is in the film Fish Tank as well. She plays the slutty, neglectful mother of the teenage girl who is the main character.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And got the chance to shag Michael Fassbender...lucky girl
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive never heard of her as well.

You have to hand it to the Beeb for keeping this caper under wraps so well and for so long :cool:
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I assume those chasing derek were the brothers and they live more local
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    I hope she isnt around for long, theres not many people in the UK who will put up with those fish lips. Seriously, what a total mess, im amazed she would even show her face in a local town, let alone on tv. Surgery Gone Wrong on CH5 maybe?
  • UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    Who cares about the lips... :rolleyes:

She's a brilliant actress and it's a very good choice of casting for Eastenders, I hope she is in it for a while yet, amazing addition to the cast. Total surprise last night seeing her in it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I woud say Kirsty;s family will be the new family Lorraine was talking about, it is only a matter of time that she gets a divorce, and will therefore have her own family :)

I also hope that there will be more hartmans brought in with Ava and her son.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    I assume those chasing derek were the brothers and they live more local

Id say they are trying to create a new mitchell sort of family.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I've only seen her in the Ken Loach movie she did about illegal immigrants - she was good, the film was not!

The lips did distract me last night though, but I've got used to Kat's immobile face as well as Ronnie's in the past so I'm sure it wont take long to forget about her Leslie Ash situation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only seen her in the Ken Loach movie she did about illegal immigrants - she was good, the film was not!

The lips did distract me last night though, but I've got used to Kat's immobile face as well as Ronnie's in the past so I'm sure it wont take long to forget about her Leslie Ash situation.

when she was doing the interview last night for the website her lips looked okay,