she's gone and enslaved another one ..

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Oh, I don't think she's doing it for attention and money but I think she'll make damn sure that she gets plenty of both out of it.

Yes I agree, she probably sees that as a bonus. I really think she is desperate to be loved though and that's her main motive for getting married.

For some people, getting married seems to be a symbol that their relationship is perfect and things will definitely work out. You would think having two failed marriages in quick succession, she would know better, but it seems not.

Whilst staying with family over Christmas, I caught some of her TV show Katie.
    Katie was at a bowling alley with her now ex bf Leo, and the two men she is always with...one is her make up artist?

Other people at the bowling alley starting giving her a really hard time, shouting abuse at her, in particular the names of her ex boyfriends.
    Leo didn't seem to understand much English at this point.
    Anyway, Katie was obviously upset and I felt sorry for her as it's probably an everyday occurrence when she mixes with the general public.

From the show I saw, it seemed she lived in a bubble with a small group of friends and family, and is a very insecure person. Leo couldn't really communicate with her but she was desperate to make it work so she could have a happy ending...marriage and kids, and perhaps feel more normal?

From what I have read, once the novelty of the flash lifestyle wore off, and Leo saw how many issues Katie has, he decided to get out.

I suspect the new guy will follow the same pattern. Right now he is probably enjoying the lavish gifts, huge house, invites to showbiz parties etc, and although I shouldn't make assumptions, the fact that he is willing to go out with KP suggests he wants his fifteen minutes, so he is probably enjoying the limelight too.

I'd put money on him walking eventually. All Katie's ex's have said she is very insecure and contrary to the image she puts out, does not like sex and tries to avoid it.
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Probably cos Kate doesn't do OK! Mag interviews about the size of their respective cocks afterwards for her kids to read.

KP's men choices are pretty grim, overall. That's the only quibble I have with it, that they all seem to have disaster written all over them and the initial 'happiness' will be replaced in no time with the same old same old. Why can't she just get to know someone properly and if it's still working after a year or so, then think about making it a permanent thing, not after 5 bleedin' minutes.

Presumably a year of "getting to know someone properly" doesn't shift as many magazines as this week's engagement photos.
  • CarlLewisCarlLewis Posts: 6,226
    Forum Member
    You've got to love her.

Go Katie!
  • DanielleLDanielleL Posts: 231
    Forum Member
    Desperate old hag. Probably has a lot to do with Peter Andre and his gorgeous younger girfriend being on tv, she must be hating it.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isnt this what she does, supplies the demand to people who wait for her every word and action £££££ on the scale of things getting engaged again is pretty tame in KP world, I dont find it at all surprising, what I do find surprising is the amount of attention/headlines she can still work after all these years, as for her kids imo they have always known this way of life, mums b/friends at her house...dads g/friends and camera crew at his, think by now they would find it traumatic to be placed in a normal environment without a new b/f to compete for attention from or a camera crew following every private detail of their rehearsed childhood :(
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I find Kate Winslet smug as hell too,to be honest.
    And you are absolutely right that she doesn't sell herself or her children (who I wouldn't recognise if they walked past me in the street) to crappy magazines.
    I was just trying to point out (clearly very badly!) that plenty of other women (for example Kate Winslet) have more than the average number of marriages under their belt by their 30s,and yet don't seem to criticised in quite such a vitriolic fashion as KP.

Oh no, it was a good point well made. (I must confess I did raise my eyebrows at Winslet's latest marriage and there seems something a bit off about the geezer rock n roll or whatever his name is) - but KP has made herself a laughing stock to be fair and IMHO only has herself to blame. Also, at least Winslet does seem to have a period of courtship where she actually gets to know her partners rather than espousing love in the back of the taxi home from Chinawhites....
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DanielleL wrote: »
    Desperate old hag. Probably has a lot to do with Peter Andre and his gorgeous younger girfriend being on tv, she must be hating it.:D

There was a rumour that his girlfriend is paid to act as his girlfriend, certainly would explain why she seems more interested in her hair than him :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that your last sentence is half-right and half-wrong.
    I DO feel a bit sorry for her-for all her bravado and gobbiness, I get the impression she is a deeply insecure,miserable woman.
    I actually think that she IS doing this for attention,but I agree with you that she is lonely and desperate to be loved. Unfortunately,her taste in men is so bloody awful that I don't think that any of them are equipped to give her the love she appears to crave.

It is interesting that so many people are coming out with the line about "five engagements and two marriages by the age of 34" , when Kate Winslet,who is only a couple of years older than KP is ALREADY on her 3rd marriage,and doesn't seem to be attracting anywhere near the same level of vitriol for exposing HER children to a "procession of men".

It is just my opinion from what I have seen :)
    She seems very insecure and for me, the fact that she is incapable of being single just reinforces my opinion.

My mum is actually someone who hates being single. She requires the validation that comes with being in a relationship (don't worry, she doesn't know my ds name lol).
    Thankfully she has made better choices than KP, but during the gaps between the long term relationships with nice, suitable men, she would literally go out with anyone just so she was in a relationship. Most of them men that she would never normally look twice at, and who had very different lifestyles and hobbies.
    One guy she actually converted her religion for a few months and changed her name, and another from years ago was recently put in prison for stalking a woman and stabbing her horse!

I don't feel I have spouted any vitriol at KP so I presume that wasn't aimed at me personally?

I think teh reason Kate Winslet doesn't attract as much criticism, is what you already acknowledged in your post. Katie appears to make sudden and rash choices, and puts them out into the public domain.
    I don't know much about Kate Winslet (and that kind of says it all with what we are discussing) but perhaps if she was so public with her private life, people would be critical of her too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I agree, she probably sees that as a bonus. I really think she is desperate to be loved though and that's her main motive for getting married.

For some people, getting married seems to be a symbol that their relationship is perfect and things will definitely work out. You would think having two failed marriages in quick succession, she would know better, but it seems not.

Whilst staying with family over Christmas, I caught some of her TV show Katie.
    Katie was at a bowling alley with her now ex bf Leo, and the two men she is always with...one is her make up artist?

Other people at the bowling alley starting giving her a really hard time, shouting abuse at her, in particular the names of her ex boyfriends.
    Leo didn't seem to understand much English at this point.
    Anyway, Katie was obviously upset and I felt sorry for her as it's probably an everyday occurrence when she mixes with the general public.

From the show I saw, it seemed she lived in a bubble with a small group of friends and family, and is a very insecure person. Leo couldn't really communicate with her but she was desperate to make it work so she could have a happy ending...marriage and kids, and perhaps feel more normal?

From what I have read, once the novelty of the flash lifestyle wore off, and Leo saw how many issues Katie has, he decided to get out.

I suspect the new guy will follow the same pattern. Right now he is probably enjoying the lavish gifts, huge house, invites to showbiz parties etc, and although I shouldn't make assumptions, the fact that he is willing to go out with KP suggests he wants his fifteen minutes, so he is probably enjoying the limelight too.

I'd put money on him walking eventually. All Katie's ex's have said she is very insecure and contrary to the image she puts out, does not like sex and tries to avoid it.

I think the most surprising thing will be if KP and this week's Rent-a-Dick actually make it up the aisle.
    I'm assuming that the magazine spreads will pay for the engagement ring,but I think that the thought of yet another divorce pay-off might deter even KP from another disaster.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh no, it was a good point well made. (I must confess I did raise my eyebrows at Winslet's latest marriage and there seems something a bit off about the geezer rock n roll or whatever his name is) - but KP has made herself a laughing stock to be fair and IMHO only has herself to blame. Also, at least Winslet does seem to have a period of courtship where she actually gets to know her partners rather than espousing love in the back of the taxi home from Chinawhites....

Exactly, The only possible comparison, if any, between KW and KP is that they're both in love with being in love. How they act that out in public is light years apart.

I feel sorry for KP for the simple reason that I think she puts all her energies into the wrong things eg. acting like she's hard as nails, pretending she's immune to criticism, denying emotions, when everything she does pretty much shows it all up as one big sad empty facade.
  • DanielleLDanielleL Posts: 231
    Forum Member
    scone wrote: »
    There was a rumour that his girlfriend is paid to act as his girlfriend, certainly would explain why she seems more interested in her hair than him :D

Considering she comes from a wealthy middle class family with a surgeon for a father and shes doing a law degree, i doubt it she would take payment for such a thing. I think she enjoys the camera and the limelight though for sure.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is just my opinion from what I have seen :)
    She seems very insecure and for me, the fact that she is incapable of being single just reinforces my opinion.

My mum is actually someone who hates being single. She requires the validation that comes with being in a relationship (don't worry, she doesn't know my ds name lol).
    Thankfully she has made better choices than KP, but during the gaps between the long term relationships with nice, suitable men, she would literally go out with anyone just so she was in a relationship. Most of them men that she would never normally look twice at, and who had very different lifestyles and hobbies.
    One guy she actually converted her religion for a few months and changed her name, and another from years ago was recently put in prison for stalking a woman and stabbing her horse!

I don't feel I have spouted any vitriol at KP so I presume that wasn't aimed at me personally?

I think teh reason Kate Winslet doesn't attract as much criticism, is what you already acknowledged in your post. Katie appears to make sudden and rash choices, and puts them out into the public domain.
    I don't know much about Kate Winslet (and that kind of says it all with what we are discussing) but perhaps if she was so public with her private life, people would be critical of her too.

I just wanted to clarify that I absolutely wasn't implying that you were spouting vitriol at or about KP - I just meant in general.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the most surprising thing will be if KP and this week's Rent-a-Dick actually make it up the aisle.
    I'm assuming that the magazine spreads will pay for the engagement ring,but I think that the thought of yet another divorce pay-off might deter even KP from another disaster.

The odds on that have to be remote, surely. Though it does depend how fame hungry this one is. He could be well up for a quick wedding, quick divorce and a chance at CBB or IAC 2014.

Mind you, there is the small matter of her still being married to Alex to consider.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Exactly, The only possible comparison, if any, between KW and KP is that they're both in love with being in love. How they act that out in public is light years apart.

I feel sorry for KP for the simple reason that I think she puts all her energies into the wrong things eg. acting like she's hard as nails, pretending she's immune to criticism, denying emotions, when everything she does pretty much shows it all up as one big sad empty facade.

JLo is another one who has had a bit of stick over the years for rushing into relationships but, up until now, there were no kids involved. Again, she's not my favourite person but I couldn't pick her kids out of a line up. And while she may not be the best singer/actress in the world, appears to have a pretty good work ethic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The odds on that have to be remote, surely. Though it does depend how fame hungry this one is. He could be well up for a quick wedding, quick divorce and a chance at CBB or IAC 2014.

Mind you, there is the small matter of her still being married to Alex to consider.

:confused:
    I thought KP and Alex were already divorced?!
    Maybe that's why Chantelle didn't get her eternity ring-he couldn't afford one until his pay-off from KP came through.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    For goodness sake, some of us have had a free spirited mother and there was nothing wrong with my upbringing, so there is another basis :rolleyes:

So NO I am not naive, I have lived it, obviously not in the public glare, which you will now be moving onto and saying, my life is nothing like Katie Price's kids lives.

No-one expects her to live like a nun, but when you have kids, you have to be sensible about the people you're bringing into your home. KP wouldn't employ a nanny or anyone else who would have access to her home and family without putting them through a rigourous vetting process, yet she'll move a man into her home who she barely knows and and give him the run of the place and access to her kids. That's not being free spirited, it's being downright stupid!
    It is interesting that so many people are coming out with the line about "five engagements and two marriages by the age of 34" , when Kate Winslet,who is only a couple of years older than KP is ALREADY on her 3rd marriage,and doesn't seem to be attracting anywhere near the same level of vitriol for exposing HER children to a "procession of men".

The fundemental difference is that we don't know what goes on in Kate Winslet's life because unlike KP she doesn't sell every second of her life to the media. She has a private life which she keeps private. We don't know how many men she's introduced to her kids or how long before she introduced those men to her kids. If KP will insist on leading her life in the glare of the public eye, then the public will comment positively or negatively on it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused:
    I thought KP and Alex were already divorced?!
    Maybe that's why Chantelle didn't get her eternity ring-he couldn't afford one until his pay-off from KP came through.

I could be wrong tbh. I thought that it still wasn't finalised because she claimed he was after more money.
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    Well that's got Golden Wedding Anniversary written all over it.
    :D:D:D

Easy to laugh ,I know. but I honestly hope, for the children's sakes, this is her last marriage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh she is still legally married to Alex?

I assumed the divorce was all done and dusted.

So Alex has managed to have a relationship, get engaged,have a baby, break up, sell the break up to tv and magazines, with another reality tv 'star', in less than the amount of time to get divorced from his previous reality tv star lover. What a mess!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just wanted to clarify that I absolutely wasn't implying that you were spouting vitriol at or about KP - I just meant in general.

:)
    I thought that's what you meant but thanks for clarifying.

Who is the 5th guy she was engaged to by the way?
    Can only think of Pete, Alex, Leo and now this guy whose name I don't actually know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :)
    I thought that's what you meant but thanks for clarifying.

Who is the 5th guy she was engaged to by the way?
    Can only think of Pete, Alex, Leo and now this guy whose name I don't actually know.

Wasn't she engaged when she went into IAC and broke it off when she got with Pete?
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    Jo March wrote: »

Easy to laugh ,I know. but I honestly hope, for the children's sakes, this is her last marriage.

I doubt very much it will get that far!!!!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jo March wrote: »

I hope so too :) the one thing going for him as a builder, is that he will be the first one who actually knows what its like to work for a living
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't she engaged when she went into IAC and broke it off when she got with Pete?

Scott Sullivan?
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She was engaged to Warren Furman Aka Ace from Gladiators. edited to add this was her first engagement even before she met Dane Bowers I believe.

I actually feel sorry for Katie's Mum, hope this engagement and marriage isn't to be filmed as it will be difficult for her mum to appear in support of this latest bloke.