Countdown - so much better these days!

Comments

• valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't realise Nick was so short, he looks quite tall sitting down, even Rachel towered over him in her high heels.:)
  • tgabbertgabber Posts: 2,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else notice that Nick looked desperately bored and seemed relieved that the show was over at the end of the presentation today?

I get the impression he's already fed up of doing Countdown.
  • mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know - she seems such a delicate little thing, she could hardly catch her breath - I thought she was about to have a full on panic attack. I was really routing for the lovely Rose the other day, but hopefully they gave Heather some smelling salts and she'll be there today. Looks like a good one. When did we last have a girlie win?

It was good to see Heather make the final and even though she got stuffed by the winner she made a worthy contestant and didnt let down the women who made the last few rounds so enjoyable to watch.
  • The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tgabber wrote: »
    Anyone else notice that Nick looked desperately bored and seemed relieved that the show was over at the end of the presentation today?

I get the impression he's already fed up of doing Countdown.

He is such a rubbish TV presenter, he just hasn't got a clue. For example, he never switches from the same old formula - whoever chooses the numbers he asks to provide the answer. However, Heather didn't get anywhere on the first numbers game so Paul gave the answer. But for the next two numbers games he asked Paul again. Then at the end he said they'll be moving on to Series 68 when Rachel had already said they were having eight weeks of specials. Time to get rid.
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is such a rubbish TV presenter, he just hasn't got a clue. For example, he never switches from the same old formula - whoever chooses the numbers he asks to provide the answer. However, Heather didn't get anywhere on the first numbers game so Paul gave the answer. But for the next two numbers games he asked Paul again. Then at the end he said they'll be moving on to Series 68 when Rachel had already said they were having eight weeks of specials. Time to get rid.

Indeed, Heather had already lost he should at least have let her give the answer to the numbers game.
  • sajansajan Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Countdown to be broadcast in HD for the very first time on Monday 7th Jan 2013!
  • AJRevittAJRevitt Posts: 1,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sajan wrote: »
    Countdown to be broadcast in HD for the very first time on Monday 7th Jan 2013!

Great, we can see even more of Rachel! :D:rolleyes:
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AJRevitt wrote: »

Looked very good in HD today..
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boksbox wrote: »
    Looked very good in HD today..

Oh oh here we go :D, don't tell me, great for see through too! :p This champ of champs series should be good though, not only for Rachel fans, but getting rid of the boring 4 letter rounds!
  • katherine500000katherine500000 Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good to have countdown back.Does anyone know if it is going to be greatly affected by the greater amount of racing on channel 4?i do hope not
  • kempshottkempshott Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AJRevitt wrote: »

3D would be even better.
  • OcadoOcado Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would imagine it will suffer quite a lot. Off the top of my head, there will be (not in order) Ascot, Aintree, Cheltenham, Epsom. And I'm sure they cover other race meets as well apart from the big meets they had last year. I think they had a week from Kempton as well, but I am not 100% on that. Not really up on my horse racing, I have a bet every year on the National but apart from that don't watch it.

Rachel looked sexy again yesterday, roll on summer for the skimpy dresses though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So rachel's fans are going to have to make do with clare balding in the afternoon:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Countdown is on today.
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Mark today :p A little cocky, but I actually liked the fact he was quite quick witted and answered po-faced nick back! Shame he just missed it!
  • Brian ReynoldsBrian Reynolds Posts: 1,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like many viewers, I try and compete with the contestants, but fail miserably when there is a really clever contestant. Now we've got eight weeks of them! I shall have a giant inferiority complex at the end of the sequence. I much prefer it with a typical mix of contestants as I'm sure others do. Not a good move Channel Four!
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it wrong to think Rachel's voice sounded simply adorable on todays (Mon Jan14) ep ? :D:o:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone i would love to see playing again is Jeffery Hansford.He was a Countdown legend
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    Is it wrong to think Rachel's voice sounded simply adorable on todays (Mon Jan14) ep ? :D:o:)

I found her a bit squeaky and annoying, why don't they just let her put up the letters without speaking until she is better.?:(
  • TheTrader78TheTrader78 Posts: 948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »

Just watched it now...I have to agree with you :D That'll be her voice all week too :)
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rachel appears to be wearing her nightie.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Rachel appears to be wearing her nightie.

My nightie doesn't look like that....:D

What's the matter with Rachel, she seems a bit squeaky!
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That kid with the curly hair is a bloody mutant!

Not sure his ability with the Conundrum will get him into the X-Men, but still......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    That kid with the curly hair is a bloody mutant!

Not sure his ability with the Conundrum will get him into the X-Men, but still......

Agreed, a strange looking geeky kid with his encyclopaedic knowledge of the dictionary, probably on the spectrum.
  • mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My nightie doesn't look like that....:D

What's the matter with Rachel, she seems a bit squeaky!

She should be told to wear a big thick cardigan done up to the neck until she gets better.

Kudos to the kid. Pretty sharp on the conundrums!
This discussion has been closed.