FV:CH32 Movie Mix

Comments

• CLA29CLA29 Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    I recorded Peggy Sue got married on this channel a couple of weeks ago and it missed the half hour which I wasn't impressed with. In future I will set up a manual record.
  • Secret-SquirrelSecret-Squirrel Posts: 1,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have recorded a few films off this channel so far. Not too bad a selection I suppose, some films I've not seen on the main channels anyway.

One thing though, the sound level during the films does seem to be very low compared to the advert breaks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,252
    Forum Member
    Have recorded a few films off this channel so far.
    Solely for time-shifting.;):D
  • Secret-SquirrelSecret-Squirrel Posts: 1,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lstar337 wrote: »
    Solely for time-shifting.;):D

but of course.... :D
  • tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look like form 1/3/13 MovieMix programs start from 9am.So one hour less of shoppingtelly.
  • duffman25duffman25 Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    good it is a channel I like a lot be nice to have it on more in the mornings.
  • chrisychrisy Posts: 9,418
    Forum Member
    What's On TV have replaced the BBC HD listings (from when it changes to BBC2 HD) with... Movie Mix! Excellent, I might actually spot things I want to watch on it now. Curiously no mention that the channel is the same as Movies4Men (it only has Movie Mix and the Freeview channel number, making it look like a Freeview exclusive)
  • kasgkasg Posts: 4,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, still completely unwatchable with that massive DOG :mad:
  • David_AylingDavid_Ayling Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chrisy wrote: »
    What's On TV have replaced the BBC HD listings (from when it changes to BBC2 HD) with... Movie Mix! Excellent, I might actually spot things I want to watch on it now. Curiously no mention that the channel is the same as Movies4Men (it only has Movie Mix and the Freeview channel number, making it look like a Freeview exclusive)
    Tv times has done the same to. only thing is that BBC one & two HD have been given sky numbers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radio Times has MovieMix listings from Tuesday 26 March and has the new Sky EPG numbers 141 and 142 for BBC One HD and BBC Two HD respectively.
    Forum Member

Oops, obviously I meant More>Movies, not Movies4Men.
  • Mr SirsMr Sirs Posts: 4,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re posts above - just to confirm the following magazines now carry Movie Mix in their listings:-

Radio Times - TV Times - What's On TV - TV Pick - TV Easy.

TV Choice is not carrying the listing - it has instead opted to list Challenge instead.
  • Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member
    Where did this pop up from?, apparently from Tuesday 26 March according to Radio Times.

It's listings look almost identical to More Movies which is free on satellite, showing Cops, Baywatch and a lot of action movies in general. Some fairly decent cop coming up including Fly Away Home, it could be related to Sony TV & Sony Movies also which are free on satellite.

Does this replace a channel on Freeview, and do you think it's a good extra choice?

EDIT: It's been going a while but I had no idea, looks like it's becoming a bit of a better full time channel now though.
  • hartcliffehartcliffe Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    shows in tv pick from march 22nd
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where did this pop up from...EDIT: It's been going a while but I had no idea, looks like it's becoming a bit of a better full time channel now though.
    Where have you been man! :D
  • Mr SirsMr Sirs Posts: 4,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to clarify (in case anyone missed it elsewhere in this forum) Movie Mix is ALSO listed in TV Times, What's On TV & TV Easy. NOT listed in TV Choice.

The channel has been going since the turn of the year, prior to which it was known as Big Deal & broadcasting on Freeview 32. Before the end of last year they were basically showing 1 movie a night (around 3am) - broadcast quality was awful, and the standard of films was lousy. They have, as said, morphed into what we have now.

Oh yes and they are operated by a co. called Square 1 - under licence from Sony.
  • a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    Meanwhile Total TV Guide have replaced BBC HD with ....

...4seven :eek:
  • tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we no if Movie Mix listing will appear in Newspapers TV guild that are out ever Saturday?
  • Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a516 wrote: »
    Meanwhile Total TV Guide have replaced BBC HD with ....

...4seven :eek:
    TV Choice replaced it with Challenge! :p
    Forum Member
  • AKWAKW Posts: 1,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why post a link back to this thread?
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks like the two MovieMix threads have been merged since the link was posted.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,404
    Forum Member
    Where did this pop up from?, apparently from Tuesday 26 March according to Radio Times.

It's listings look almost identical to More Movies which is free on satellite, showing Cops, Baywatch and a lot of action movies in general. Some fairly decent cop coming up including Fly Away Home, it could be related to Sony TV & Sony Movies also which are free on satellite.

Does this replace a channel on Freeview, and do you think it's a good extra choice?

EDIT: It's been going a while but I had no idea, looks like it's becoming a bit of a better full time channel now though.

They are one and the same Sony content but for certain reasons they're currently just branded separately (long story!).
  • David_AylingDavid_Ayling Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomee wrote: »
    Do we no if Movie Mix listing will appear in Newspapers TV guild that are out ever Saturday?
    well its not in the one that comes with the sun.
  • abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    I've watched a couple of films on this channel (currently watching It Could Happen to You), but they seem to be being broadcast in very soft-focus - almost as though someone has smeared vaseline on the camera lens.

This is much more distracting than the DOG, which I hardly notice.