Celebs who act nice in the spotlight but are horrible in person

Comments

• monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,844
    Forum Member
    Roxtar1981 wrote: »
    Anton du Beke

story? my mate has met him loads of times and he's really lovely. he was lovely to me and my mum at the NTA's. he gave her a kiss :p
    he's vile

Kian Egan told a bar man in a pub in dublin to **** off as he was sick of singing, when he asked him to sing a quick happy birthday to a female bar staff member as it was her birthday then proceeded to sing all his westlife songs to himelf- I was there

he's also a knob

agreed. kian is really horrible to fans :(
    SexiLexi04 wrote: »

I have also met Jesse Wallace (kat from eastenders) when she was heavily pregnant, asked for autograph and when she asked my name and i replied she said she loved it and would consider it for the baby - although she didnt! - she really was lovely but her other half (forget his name, dave somethingorother i think) glared at me like i was about to murder her! came across as very jealous of her being recognised...

aww she is lovely. i've met her a few times and she was only a bit off one time cos she was going out with her mates but that was okay lol thankfully she's not with him now! he was an arse!

most people i've met have been lovely. There's only been a couple who have been rude (there might be more but i don't remember)

anthon cotton :(
    amanda donohoe - she's really horrible. avoids fans whatever way she can outside the studios - pulled a rude face to my mate :mad:
  • Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Amanda Donohoe's an old has-been, she lives off that film she did with Oliver Reed and being in some LA cop show 20 years ago too, thinks of herself as a serious Hollywood star in interviews yet turns up in Emmerdale - says it all really. :D
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,844
    Forum Member
    Oh Amanda Donohoe's an old has-been, she lives off that film she did with Oliver Reed and being in some LA cop show 20 years ago too, thinks of herself as a serious Hollywood star in interviews yet turns up in Emmerdale - says it all really. :D

yeah she thinks she's better than everyone else.:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    My sister's friend met Gok Wan in a club in Liverpool one night, and went up to him and said "Hey Gok, sorry to bother you, but what do you think of my outfit?" (or something like that) and he just said "Sorry love it's my day off" and just turned his back on her.

I know he must get it all the time but politeness costs nothing. I was gutted because I love Gok on TV.

Ah see I've heard that Gok is lovely and exactly as he is on the show. We were on the lash once and met one of the women who had been on his show which was shown a week or two before, well we were so excited that we just had to say that we thought she looked great and was Gok as nice as he seemed? And she said "yes he's exactly like that" she said as well that he had given her his phone number and said call any time she needs him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    My mum's best friend is a fairly high profile actress (I'm not saying her name though!) and she worked with Alan Davies a while back. He's a weird crush of mine and I was incredibly disappointed to learn that he was aloof, self obsessed and not even remotely like he is on QI. Apparently the make-up girls hated him, which is a good way of telling who is nice and who is not.

She's worked with a range of Hollywood actresses too, of which Nicole Kidman was very stuck up, wouldn't acknowledge the other actors and spent the whole time in her trailer.

However Julia Roberts and Kate Winslet were very nice apparently

Don't forget he bit the ear off a tramp when he staggered out of restaurant. Disgusting thuggish behaviour. Have never been keen on him but since then I refuse to watch him on tv.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1572164/Jonathan-Creek-star-Davies-bites-tramps-ear.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    laurar wrote: »
    I can second that, my uncle worked on the set of Saving Private Ryan and said that Tom Hanks was so down to earth and friendly. He's my fave actor and like him even more knowing that he's a nice person in real life.

Every single person who has met him says the same thing. Many journalists who have interviewed him have stated that he is one of the nicest people they have ever interviewed.

I love him even more!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Havers and Hanks! Gutted :-(

My dentist met Steve Martin and apparently he is right **** who is very full of himself.
  • makara80makara80 Posts: 3,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No surprises here but one of my friends worked as a set designer on crap sitcom 'My Family'...

He said that Robert Lindsey was rude and arrogant whilst Zoe Wanamaker was lovely.

Have to admit that I've never heard a good thing about Robert!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,111
    Forum Member
    lozza73 wrote: »
    Don't forget he bit the ear off a tramp when he staggered out of restaurant. Disgusting thuggish behaviour. Have never been keen on him but since then I refuse to watch him on tv.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1572164/Jonathan-Creek-star-Davies-bites-tramps-ear.html

He didn't come out of that encounter well at all. I know how someone looks is not something you should go by, but I do often go by the look in someone's eyes and he has a sharp calculating look in his.

I don't follow my own advice though. I've had a friend for years who I thought was a damn good friend but I looked in her eyes properly the other day and realise that I may have been wrong about her.

Rambling again...*sigh*...I blame the pain meds.

;):p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    People I have met:

Matt Le Blanc - extremely unpleasant and rude

Phil Tufnell & wife (Dawn) - we spent a day with them on a corporate event, they were great!

Natalie Appleton - lovely

Martine McCutcheon - lovely

Oz Clarke - hilarious especially when he got pi8sed at our winetasting event!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never been keen on Alan Davies at all. That buffoonish act he puts on when he's on QI is really irritating, because in reality he's a gripey, grumpy git who speaqks to people like they are beneath him. He treats women appallingly aswell, if a few kiss and tells in the paper are to believed.

Didn't Caroline Quentin find him infuriating to work with on Jonathon Creek, or have I just dreamt that?
  • funcifunci Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A few people have mentioned him in this thread now, what's he like? He does always play the the posh and charming gentleman in interviews well so he could be too good to be true. lol

I forgot to mention Nigel Havers in my earlier post. He was appearing in the play 'Art' and refused point blank to give autographs because it would be giving a piece of himself away! what a knobber!:rolleyes:
    SexiLexi04 wrote: »

james cracknell is also a lovely person and very very handsome!!! he had all the ladies swooning although when i see him now he comes across as a bit of a **** - fame seems to have changed him.

He suffered a brain injury when he had that crash recently and his personality has changed for the worse.:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    lozza73 wrote: »

I had no idea about this at all! Christ, is he mental? The Alan Davies on QI must be 100% an act, they should give his spot to a genuine person and not a character.
  • tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Alan Davies date Julia Sawhalia? i'm sure he fell out with her family & think she may have stopped speaking to them as well because of him. luckily she came to her senses and got rid of him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    It would be interesting to know what Stephen Fry thinks of him.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She could never be arsed to attend the Soap Awards too...such a pity about her attitude, as I like her character
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    Met Lilly Allen about a year ago, she was one of the most horrible people I've ever met, me her and my cousin were just sitting talking and she felt it would be acceptable to piss in a bin when there was a toilet in the room, real classy girl :rolleyes:. I've also met Florence from Florence And The Machine, met her twice and both times she was really lovely :)
  • StuntyStunty Posts: 45,685
    Forum Member
    Jezebeth wrote: »
    I don't like Hanks as an actor, but I have heard that he's a very pleasant, unassuming guy in person.

He was sitting a couple of rows back at the last Sampras winning Wimbledon tennis final.

He wasn't there is any official capacity, not in a special seat and not in the members area, he was just another guy with his wife, watching the tennis. People were passing their programmes, paper and tickets up for him to autograph, which he duly did without a fuss.

I didn't trouble him for his signature, but thought what a lovely down to earth guy ..... no diva actions he could have been anyone.

We are supposed to be unveiling the opposite on here!! :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,111
    Forum Member
    I think it's turned into naming both nice and nasty just to show the contrast between the two! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guy that used to play Bombhead in Hollyoaks is a massive massive ****. When i was 18 or 19 he used to turn up randomly in the bars around here on student night, always walking around with a massive entourage of absolute knobbers giving it the "don't you know who I am?" line.

Yeah, you're a ****ing ****.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know that this will surprise no one, but Stephen Fry seems angelically lovely and Jimmy Saville seems a bit up himself. Have also seem Emma Thompson being very charming to passing strangers (and looking gorgeous as well).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stunty wrote: »
    He was sitting a couple of rows back at the last Sampras winning Wimbledon tennis final.

He wasn't there is any official capacity, not in a special seat and not in the members area, he was just another guy with his wife, watching the tennis. People were passing their programmes, paper and tickets up for him to autograph, which he duly did without a fuss.

I didn't trouble him for his signature, but thought what a lovely down to earth guy ..... no diva actions he could have been anyone.

We are supposed to be unveiling the opposite on here!! :o

Awwww.....seriously...what a nice man. Despite the fact that he was there to watch and enjoy the match, he still found time to sign autographs.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jimmy Saville seems a bit up himself.

That's the least of the allegations against him...
  • fynefunfynefun Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    I know that this will surprise no one, but Stephen Fry seems angelically lovely and Jimmy Saville seems a bit up himself. Have also seem Emma Thompson being very charming to passing strangers (and looking gorgeous as well).

Emma Thompson lives in my neck of the woods when she is up in scotland and is such a down to earth normal lady who is well liked by all that meet her, jury is out a bit on her hubby but boy is he hot!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    Didn't Alan Davies date Julia Sawhalia? i'm sure he fell out with her family & think she may have stopped speaking to them as well because of him. luckily she came to her senses and got rid of him.

Yes, I think her sister Nadia summed him up pretty quickly and spoke out which caused a distancing between her and Julia which is sad. I think they're all fine now.