ITV X Factor contract

SamthefootballSamthefootball Posts: 4,420
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi, When does anybody have a idea when we will hear if ITV have signed a new X Factor/BGT contract. Will Simon Cowell return to X Factor or not next year as part of the contract

Comments

• EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BGT has already been advertised on ITV, promoting the new auditions. This is obviously confirmation that new contracts have been signed for BGT. I personally highly doubt that Simon would sign a contract for BGT if ITV refused to sign X Factor. In other words, while we haven't had any official statement, it looks as though both shows have signed on for at least 2014.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if cowell and ITV will monitor ratings first? personally I cant see xfactor usa having another season, in which case cowell will surely return?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    BGT has already been advertised on ITV, promoting the new auditions. This is obviously confirmation that new contracts have been signed for BGT. I personally highly doubt that Simon would sign a contract for BGT if ITV refused to sign X Factor. In other words, while we haven't had any official statement, it looks as though both shows have signed on for at least 2014.

i agree
  • carolineglasgowcarolineglasgow Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon will do what it takes to keep the Saturday prime time slot. As I've said before, XF gives him something priceless - showcasing his up and coming talent with big audiences and guess what, it GIVES him money rather than COST him it.
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if cowell and ITV will monitor ratings first? personally I cant see xfactor usa having another season, in which case cowell will surely return?

Why not? It is consistently above 2.0 which is a good rating and especially good for Fox. They have nothing to replace it with that could achieve that figure at the moment.
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member

X Factor USA has been a colossal flop.
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    M@nterik wrote: »
    X Factor USA has been a colossal flop.

It depends on what you compare it... yes in terms of comparison to the voice or AI Yes if you compare it to Simons claim of 20 million viewers.

However the viewing figures it gains are not bad.They are probably better than anything else Fox could put on in that time slot at the moment. (Averaging above a 2.0, this is comparable to many other top shows and beating a load more)