Celebs and veneers/false teeth

HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2417329/Rylan-Clarks-porcelain-teeth-veneers-steal-limelight-Spectacle-Wearer-Year-event.html

Aren't these just too awful?

I saw pics yesterday of Professor Green's wedding and he's the same - teeth which hardly fit in his mouth and look totally false.

Thing is they just draw your attention to them and you're left wondering what their real teeth are like underneath.:D

Comments

• Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, Professor Green's teeth were horrendous before he had work done on them, and they still look better than Rylan's gnashers (which looked better before)

Rylan's veneers are hysterically bad though, his mouth now looks deformed.
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    To be fair, Professor Green's teeth were horrendous before he had work done on them, and they still look better than Rylan's gnashers (which looked better before)

Rylan's veneers are hysterically bad though, his mouth now looks deformed.

Rylans are dreadful, aren't they. I actually can't bear to look at him now.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can understand why older people with bad teeth have them done but when young people with good teeth get them done it seems really weird. :confused:

Its like giving yourself false teeth at a young age :D

People should be advised against replacing perfectly good teeth. Sure they will all regret it in 10/20 years time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He reminds me of Bingo from The Banana Splits :eek:
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    MRS W wrote: »
    thats it exactly:D
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    I can understand why older people with bad teeth have them done but when young people with good teeth get them done it seems really weird. :confused:

Its like giving yourself false teeth at a young age :D

People should be advised against replacing perfectly good teeth. Sure they will all regret it in 10/20 years time.

It's like Tina from Corrie (can't remember her real name) her teeth are massive and SO even they are very obviously not real. She has to keep them like that for the rest of her days now .... as you say false teeth at a young age.
  • Baz OBaz O Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chloe Sims has awful teeth, it makes her look like she has too many teeth for her mouth.
  • Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Yanks are obsessed with having sparkling overly white teeth and sadly it's becoming a trend over here.

Personally I think they look unnatural and stupid in most cases.
  • BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    Rylan had perfectly nice white teeth before. They weren't universally straight but they were strong nd natural looking. The bottom ones could have been tidied up maybe, if he wanted perfection.

Now they just look a complete mess. He can hardly close his lips together. He must be able to see that?

Before:
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=rylan+teeth+before+and+after&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari#biv=i%7C1%3Bd%7CefCfmxoGSNu1tM%3A
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why thy cannot tidy their teeth up a bit without having an entire set of oversized fluorescent white veneers shoved in there. Most of the time their natural teeth are probably in good health, but just need straightening up.

Veneers rarely look remotely natural and don't seem to account for a person's individual face and mouth shapes.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trouble is, when a lot of celebrities get these done, they just end up looking like they've been put in...which they have. If the veneers are near white, they'll probably look really good. Like I said though, a lot of celebrities just go too far with the whiteness. Simon Cowell and Rylan Clark are perfect examples of this. The right shade can look very good indeed. The thing is though, which celebrities that have chosen the right shade have veneers in? Something to think about.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    I don't know why thy cannot tidy their teeth up a bit without having an entire set of oversized fluorescent white veneers shoved in there. Most of the time their natural teeth are probably in good health, but just need straightening up.

Veneers rarely look remotely natural and don't seem to account for a person's individual face and mouth shapes.

Antibacterial mouthwash to keep all/most of the bacteria away, and 10-15 minutes of brushing morning and night should slowly start to lighten the shade of them over the weeks. I think these veneers are the lazy way to go about achieving a better shade of colour of teeth.
  • jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »

This is true. My dentist suggested that I'd be ideal for one of the relatively new techniques for straightening adults' teeth, even those who had previously been told they didn't have enough room (as I had). It's possible to straighten teeth in the majority of cases now with braces of some sort (mine were fixed behind my bottom teeth - no one could see them) and most reputable dentists who save teeth first and do cosmetic dentistry second would recommend that you keep as much of the natural tooth as possible rather than start shaving bits off for veneers etc. My dentist is also a good friend of mine, so we've talked teeth often - he's horrified at what some celebs are having done, totally unnecessary work, which then is seen as 'normal' when it's anything but! He hates this 'Hollywood smile' concept, especially when it comes at the price of sacrificing perfectly healthy teeth - and if I tell you that all dentists in Jersey are private (we don't have the NHS here) then that also tells you that he's got enough integrity to turn down business if he doesn't believe it's in the patient's interest. But he's just an ordinary, high street, family dentist - he's not in the celeb smile business. But If your teeth are only discoloured or crooked then you can have them bleached or straightened. Veneers are only for those whose natural teeth have gone beyond that point, not for vanity's sake alone. And you can never turn the clock back if you regret them.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,891
    Forum Member
    This is true. My dentist suggested that I'd be ideal for one of the relatively new techniques for straightening adults' teeth, even those who had previously been told they didn't have enough room (as I had). It's possible to straighten teeth in the majority of cases now with braces of some sort (mine were fixed behind my bottom teeth - no one could see them) and most reputable dentists who save teeth first and do cosmetic dentistry second would recommend that you keep as much of the natural tooth as possible rather than start shaving bits off for veneers etc. My dentist is also a good friend of mine, so we've talked teeth often - he's horrified at what some celebs are having done, totally unnecessary work, which then is seen as 'normal' when it's anything but! He hates this 'Hollywood smile' concept, especially when it comes at the price of sacrificing perfectly healthy teeth - and if I tell you that all dentists in Jersey are private (we don't have the NHS here) then that also tells you that he's got enough integrity to turn down business if he doesn't believe it's in the patient's interest. But he's just an ordinary, high street, family dentist - he's not in the celeb smile business. But If your teeth are only discoloured or crooked then you can have them bleached or straightened. Veneers are only for those whose natural teeth have gone beyond that point, not for vanity's sake alone. And you can never turn the clock back if you regret them.

My dentist is also utterly horrified, we talked about this 7 years ago - "destroying perfectly healthy teeth". Rylan's teeth looked fine. He could have had a brace on the bottom to straighten them if he wanted. Shocking. Clearly there are unfortunately too many dentists with no integrity. Shame on them.
  • Pippa 2Pippa 2 Posts: 2,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He reminds me of a "black and white minstrel" too!:D
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,891
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    Antibacterial mouthwash to keep all/most of the bacteria away, and 10-15 minutes of brushing morning and night should slowly start to lighten the shade of them over the weeks. I think these veneers are the lazy way to go about achieving a better shade of colour of teeth.

Veneers are also the lazy way of attaining almost instantaneous uniform teeth and usually not the shape and fit to suit your face either as in this case.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These teeth are such a departure from his God-given ones that he now looks like a caricature who'll never be taken seriously...
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Helen Flanagan.....Red Rum called, he wants his teeth back.
  • Green_StampGreen_Stamp Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't blame Rylan, blame the cretins that pushed this vacuous piece of shit into the limelight.

He'd have never been able to afford them if he was still the waster stacking shelves or whatever the dopey sod was doing before.
  • Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    Don't blame Rylan, blame the cretins that pushed this vacuous piece of shit into the limelight.

He'd have never been able to afford them if he was still the waster stacking shelves or whatever the dopey sod was doing before.

He looks like The Nutty Professor - Jerry Lewis
  • gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    when I see him

i always reach for a sugar cube or a polo mint
  • pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rylan looks a right mug with those horse teeth.He can barely close his mouth over them.
    I suspect he took advice from his mate Katie Price .
    She couldn't close her mouth for ages after getting hers in.
    Mutilation in the name of fame.Tragic really.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yep, I said the same thing. Bingo is more talented though ;)
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed Stella in Corrie had some gleaming white gnashers for her wedding. Never seen them so white.:rolleyes:
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Celine Dion before and after