Sister Act 3 Breaking the Habit

DavinaUmbridgeDavinaUmbridge Posts: 525
Forum Member
✭✭
Whoopie Goldberg maybe returning to the convent with the news that Sister Act 3 has been greenlit.

The new screenplay sees the sisters face heartache when mother superior falls ill. With no money to pay for medical care they turn to their old freind Deloris. Soon they are taking the choir on tour but there is a menace lurking in the shadows in the form of a disapproving minister (rumored to be christopher Lee) who discovers a devastating secret from Deloris past that could ruin her relationship with the sisters forever.

Sister Act 3 : Breaking the Habit is due out in 2012

Comments

• pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder what the devastating secret is? Was she caught masturbating with a crucifix when she was younger? Is she really a hatemonger or international terrorist?

What could they possibly reveal about her the nuns won't like. They already know she was a lounge singer who slept around and had a gangster boyfriend who murders people, and yet they accepted her. What more could they reveal?

Also, I wonder if by "choir" they mean the kids from Sister Act 2. They're all grown up by now, unless it's a new batch or the adults come back for this film all having become members of the clergy themselves...?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    Maybe she's a muslim? ;)

I'm not sure about this film. I don't think the second film worked once it became about getting a kids choir together. The charm of the first film were the nuns. When you focus on kids it looks like any other film about poor deprived kids getting a chance.
  • Scoobyh1Scoobyh1 Posts: 2,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hummm..

Would probably be the best sequel in years and would absolutely love for this to happen.

But where is your source?
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I absolutley adored the second one. A third one would be a delight plus it would get Goldberg away from The View and back into movies.
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    Cue bloody nun genre revivals now.

Nuns on the run 2 anyone.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Sound Of Music II : Rolf's Revenge?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    I can't find anything about this on reliable websites so I'm doubtful it will come to pass. Still more likely than Ghostbusters 3 though!
  • GenieInABottle.GenieInABottle. Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG I hope this is true. What's the source?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hold up! What's the point? Sister Act like Three Men and Baby/Little Lady is old!! Why create a third one now?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Seems a bit suspicious to me, just found this link.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-348026-sister-act-3-breaking-the-habit-whoopie-returns.html

It has the exact same information word for word, however the date says 2008.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dai13371 wrote: »

Nuns On The Run 2 anyone?
    Hey, the first film was quite good actually!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    Paddy C wrote: »

I have to agree Nuns on the Run was good. I laughed watching that which is more than I do watching most British films made these days
  • Pop_ArtPop_Art Posts: 5,116
    Forum Member
    Beyonce has been trying to set up the musical version for the big screen with her in the lead role. I doubt anyone will top Whoopi though.
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member

Hey, not saying anything different!
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hasn't 'Breaking The Habit' always been like a joke title that people always say about the 3rd one? It's not gonna happen, surely. It's been way too long since the second one. I wouldn't mind if it did get made but there's no way it would have the heart or humour of the first one.
  • MixstarMixstar Posts: 9,290
    Forum Member
    I highly doubt this is true, Whoopi has said on numerous occasions she will not do another one.
  • Scoobyh1Scoobyh1 Posts: 2,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought i would resurrect this thread as i saw Sister Act on filmfour.

Does anyone think a Sister Act 3 will ever be released?

I honestly think it would be a huge hit and people would flock to the cinema to watch this.

The story doesnt seem complete with only 2 movies.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't mind watching it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Whoopie Goldberg maybe returning to the convent with the news that Sister Act 3 has been greenlit.

The new screenplay sees the sisters face heartache when mother superior falls ill. With no money to pay for medical care they turn to their old freind Deloris. Soon they are taking the choir on tour but there is a menace lurking in the shadows in the form of a disapproving minister (rumored to be christopher Lee) who discovers a devastating secret from Deloris past that could ruin her relationship with the sisters forever.

Sister Act 3 : Breaking the Habit is due out in 2012

That write up sounds almost exactly like the plot of Sister Act 2...just with the Nuns instead of the kids...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what the devastating secret is? Was she caught masturbating with a crucifix when she was younger? Is she really a hatemonger or international terrorist?

What could they possibly reveal about her the nuns won't like. They already know she was a lounge singer who slept around and had a gangster boyfriend who murders people, and yet they accepted her. What more could they reveal?

Also, I wonder if by "choir" they mean the kids from Sister Act 2. They're all grown up by now, unless it's a new batch or the adults come back for this film all having become members of the clergy themselves...?

She hears dead people :D
  • Rincewind78Rincewind78 Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont believe there is going to be a 3rd movie to this.

I did hear about a remake though.

but would welcome a 3rd movie. I loved Whoopi Goldburg in her time.

I did hear that there is going to be a 3rd 3 men and a little baby film - with the original cast!
  • NeonopticNeonoptic Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely won't be a third, unfortunately. The last time Whoopi was in the UK promoting the musical she stated the reason why there won't be a third movie is the fact that most of the original actresses have now passed, saying she feels it wouldn't be the same or respectful to continue the franchise without them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dai13371 wrote: »

Nuns on the run 2 anyone.

:D

They could call it Nuns on Run 2: Still On The Run
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd actually like to see Nuns On The Run 2, I liked the first one!

Oh, and 3 Men & A Bride is being made. I think it's out in 2012.
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Neonoptic wrote: »
    Definitely won't be a third, unfortunately. The last time Whoopi was in the UK promoting the musical she stated the reason why there won't be a third movie is the fact that most of the original actresses have now passed, saying she feels it wouldn't be the same or respectful to continue the franchise without them.

I think i would feel the same

Let it live on musicals. The second one was too damn good to be ruined by a third.