House S8 UK Pace *Spoilers in Tags*

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,108
    Forum Member
    I asked the question the other day if people wanted to speculate, just for fun :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I asked the question the other day if people wanted to speculate, just for fun :)

OK. I have had my fun, so won't say anything further.

I will really miss House when it is gone. Same as when 24 finally finished. No more Jack was a bit of a shock to come to terms with. I'll feel the same about Gregory.
  • ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    I used to like Billy, he used to be funny...not so much now thought. Loved his tour of Australis series he did a while back. Didnt like the recent series he did about Route 66. Will be see how he plays his character.

As for a possible ending....house meets a patient, that had the same problem with his leg, however before the patient can tell him how his leg was cured, he falls into a coma. House breaks all the rules (well more than usual), saves the patient. Second to last scene, you hear house and the patient talking, but there is no sound. The final scene, you see house walking through the Amazon jungle, and comes across a jungle tribe....cue credits.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,108
    Forum Member
    ACU wrote: »

As for a possible ending....house meets a patient, that had the same problem with his leg, however before the patient can tell him how his leg was cured, he falls into a coma. House breaks all the rules (well more than usual), saves the patient. Second to last scene, you hear house and the patient talking, but there is no sound. The final scene, you see house walking through the Amazon jungle, and comes across a jungle tribe....cue credits.

I like it! :D

P.S. To barnsleykeith, I thought fun speculation would be O.K., because I didn't want to get too spoilery :)
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    This weeks episode, the one with House pretending he his ill.....did I hear the Old Theme tune, at the start.:cool:

And Billy Connolly on last week.....what was that all about.:eek:
  • DxfatassDxfatass Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    This weeks episode, the one with House pretending he his ill.....did I hear the Old Theme tune, at the start.:cool:

Yes I noticed that - I've been watching so long on Sky I wasn't sure if I'd just not noticed the switch to the proper theme this season, but I'd think it might just have been an mistake from the US masters of this episode. Still good to hear it again :cool:
    Forum Member
    So the Wilson plot this week, came from Nicolas Cage film Matchstick Men, but I wish it hadn't.:(
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope that this season is the last. Recent episodes have just been "House by numbers" and it's getting tedious now . Let's just remember the good times and hope the show goes out on a high rather than being put out of its misery.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,579
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    I really hope that this season is the last.
    It is.
    Recent episodes have just been "House by numbers" and it's getting tedious now.
    I agree. I would stop watching but there's only a handful or so left so it would just seem a bit silly :)
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strangely I think some of these episodes have been strong and up to the usual standard. The show is much more enjoyable now they have gotten rid of the relationships from the show.

In fact the episode after Chase got stabbed when he was coming to terms with it and becoming more like House than ever is up there as one of the best all-time episodes of House.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this show is crawling along like a wounded animal now, it should have been cancelled 3 seasons ago. I will see it to the end as there are not many episodes left and i have watchd it from the beginning but this show is a good example of what happens when a show is allowed to run on way too long.
    I was hoping for some dramatic storyline to finish off this season but it appears the creators have totally lost interest and are happy for it to go out with a whimper.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I would stop watching but there's only a handful or so left so it would just seem a bit silly :)

That's exactly how I feel. I'm just watching it now out of stubbornness - I won't let it beat me with so few episodes remaining.

I just hope that they have something special for the the finale.
  • srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jcafcw wrote: »
    Strangely I think some of these episodes have been strong and up to the usual standard. The show is much more enjoyable now they have gotten rid of the relationships from the show.

In fact the episode after Chase got stabbed when he was coming to terms with it and becoming more like House than ever is up there as one of the best all-time episodes of House.

I agree. The Cuddy stuff over the last few seasons wasn't great. I am so glad she's no longer in the show (although I thought she was a good character pre-relationship stuff).
    I also agree that there has been some good episodes this season but there has also been some by the numbers episodes.
    the show is missing an arc just now. In the past there have been some great arc for the weekly episodes to fit into.
    The cop who wanted to bring House down.
    The search fo a new team with lots of great characters.
    The asylum stuff.
    I had thought the prison stuff this year might have played more of a role but it hasn't. and Foreman isn't a great nemesis.

Overall I am happy the show is ending this season as I think it has run out of steam. I hope they have something good for the finale though.
  • NoiseboyNoiseboy Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone see this week's ep? Bizarre - an absolutely crucial plot point revealed in a letter near the end that we saw for 0.8 seconds. It's so obvious that it's crucial, pretty much everyone is going to have to rewind and still frame to read it. Why... would they do that? Anyone who is unable to rewind (or even has a small TV) will be clueless.
    House's wife's application for a green card has been approved, they have to attend a court appearance to 20th April to confirm.
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally would love to see House end with him happy and content with Dominika. They do work well and have fun together. It would be a brave move to end a show centred around a miserable character with a happy ending and I think that having House end with his death or still being miserable to be really House-by-numbers as some people like to describe.

In defence of the show I still think the performances of Hugh, Robert and Peter Jacobson still keep it watchable
  • srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noiseboy wrote: »
    Anyone see this week's ep? Bizarre - an absolutely crucial plot point revealed in a letter near the end that we saw for 0.8 seconds. It's so obvious that it's crucial, pretty much everyone is going to have to rewind and still frame to read it. Why... would they do that? Anyone who is unable to rewind (or even has a small TV) will be clueless.
    House's wife's application for a green card has been approved, they have to attend a court appearance to 20th April to confirm.

yeah, I wiki'd the episode to find out what that was about.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't get chance to read the letter but kind of guessed it was green card approval from the plot and House's reaction to the letter.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,579
    Forum Member
    ^ Exactly. I don't think anyone would not have been able to guess/assume what it was; hence the lack of a lingering shot of the letter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't get chance to read the letter but kind of guessed it was green card approval from the plot and House's reaction to the letter.

If you paused it you could read it, it was approval of citizenship with a date she had to attend somewhere so she could officially be declared.
  • NoiseboyNoiseboy Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ Exactly. I don't think anyone would not have been able to guess/assume what it was; hence the lack of a lingering shot of the letter.

It was obvious what it concerned in general - what wasn't obvious though was (well I'm carry on spoilering)...
    There has to be a specific place and date she must attend
  • ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member

I managed to read the first line of the letter. Which stated that her application had been approved. The rest of the few lines didnt matter. The letter was on-screen for longer than 0.8 seconds.
  • Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ending to the latest episode (US Pace) was so sad. I can't believe it! Wilson has cancer! :cry:

I always thought that the end of the show would involve something like that. Well, that was one of my top scenarios. :(

By the way, we don't know that the spoiler is how the show is going to end, but I assume that it's going to play a large role in it.
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member

I thought you meant the address at first. I know that we all know its based on Sherlock Holmes but that was the first time I'd seen it written down as 221 Baker St Apt 2B.
    Forum Member
    I didn't need to rewind, I saw approved, and guessed.....:)

Crazy episode this week, with Amy the Doll.:eek:....but she looked all right.....when she became real.;)
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    srhDS wrote: »
    The cop who wanted to bring House down.
    The search fo a new team with lots of great characters.
    The asylum stuff.
    I had thought the prison stuff this year might have played more of a role but it hasn't. and Foreman isn't a great nemesis.

Overall I am happy the show is ending this season as I think it has run out of steam. I hope they have something good for the finale though.

Pretty much agree with all of that - weak arc and weak replacement foils for him. 13.2 Is a non event and whilst I like Park she falls into the role already occupied by Taub. Foreman as boss had been done already. I was really hoping for much more out of the prison storyline and now the soppy Huddy crap was out of the way, well I just expected more I guess.

Still I've enjoyed the season more than "The cop who wanted to bring House down" - I couldn't stand David Morse in the Tritter role and it tainted the whole season for me. I suspect simply because in a hospital setting my brain couldn't see him as anything other than Boomer from St Elsewhere, though it could be the fact that he was too obvious a big bad following the Vogler pattern

Time to sign out I think, and I suspect it will be when he finds he can't cure Wilson they will disappear off into the sunset