Which mentor gives the best song choices to their acts?

Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I personally think Louie sometimes gets it right on occasion. When he gave John Adeleye "A Song For You" in series 7 where Simon for the first time prised Louie for his Fantastic song choice. :eek:

Who do you think?

Which mentor gives the best song choices to their acts? 70 votes

Gary
7%
Gambit_is_aceadamw92[Deleted User]Pingu222manderley 5 votes
Simon
10%
Scoresward669big bang theory[Deleted User]jackel1234EEAS1997BRITLAND 7 votes
Cheryl
27%
goroos1994[Deleted User]Zack06staceyxxx23Rob200696AliBaba2010konofiliusbookclub10[Deleted User]Dave0893Hassaan13[Deleted User]Adsie1989Julie_EvansWhyHelloWorldjackamakka[Deleted User]Ronell_Davis[Deleted User] 19 votes
Sharon
0%
Tulisa
18%
[Deleted User]SuperAPJdavem1234Tyjet[Deleted User]JordanC55[Deleted User]SoppyfanEndOfSanityElectricBoy171[Deleted User]felpcalibasCalpowell 13 votes
Dannii
31%
teenage-monkeyInMyArmsbig bro geek_elly001unclekevoaclevername21stCenturyBoypothuthicd56THEXFACTORKINGSatanelaliyah101_NiallDEE_[Deleted User]JustArunclare32Barry_Clarkebarney88[Deleted User]Corpsecandle 22 votes
Louie
5%
River_TamBinCatSealeg[Deleted User] 4 votes

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,313
    Forum Member
    Tulisa
    Tulisa with Little Mix was spot on nearly every week. Nicole with James was pretty much on the money also
  • jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Simon
    Well If Nicole was on there I would probably go with her -.-
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl
    jackel1234 wrote: »
    Same. She mentored her boys amazingly well last year.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl
    Well I think Nicole and Cheryl were great at picking songs, why is Nicole not on the list?
  • Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    Well I think Nicole and Cheryl were great at picking songs, why is Nicole not on the list?

Last year was only her first series. The rest have done more then one which makes the poll fairer.
  • jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Simon
    Last year was only her first series. The rest have done more then one which makes the poll fairer.

"Which mentor gives the best song choices to their acts?"

Last time I checked Nicole was a mentor? Just because she's one series doesn't really count for much :rolleyes:
  • HughOSHughOS Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kelly/Tulisa (with Little Mix, she was hit and miss with her other acts) and Nicole definitely. Simon is crap at picking songs, Gary is ok. Louis is quite under rated I feel, if he gets a good category this year, which I hope he does I think he'll surprise people. His song choices can often be quite left field and fit his contestants surprisingly well. He knows a hell of a lot more about music and success than people give him credit for.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl
    Where is Nicole? :confused: I had to go with Cheryl because I really liked her song choices for Alexandra in series 5, especially week 8.

If it was her decision for Alex to sing Listen again, then she played a blinder that week.
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,960
    Forum Member
    Cheryl
    Cheryl - she did wonders for Joe & Alexandra.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kelly and Nicole, why are they not on the list?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The1Kuda wrote: »
    Kelly and Nicole, why are they not on the list?

Billie Jean?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Cheryl
    Louis literally has no clue.
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tulisa
    Tulisa, Cheryl, Nicole and Dannii.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tulisa
    I actually thought Tulisa was pretty decent with all her song selections, not just Little Mix. Nicole was also good last year. Simon is hit and miss. Cheryl was quite decent too. Louis sometimes picks some okay songs but then other times he just seems to have no clue what he's doing.
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl
    Chose Cheryl out of those that are actually featured in the poll (I'd put her in second place to Nicole). She always seemed to know the right thing to do with her acts.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    Dannii
    I picked Dannii, but Kelly and Nicole were better
  • Ronell_DavisRonell_Davis Posts: 4,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl
    Where is Kelly and Nicole ?
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Kelly and Nicole...but they're not on here for some reason. Does the OP realize that Kelly will be starting her second season in the US and that technically Nicole has done two seasons of XF because she's done the US version.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Dannii
    Dannii

Her choices with the boys in 2010 were brilliant. Things like Matt smashing Baby One More Time, Aidan nailing Diamonds Are Forever. Even Simon said to Louis "thats how its done' when talking about song choice after one of Team Minogues performances.

Cheryl seemed to be alright with the girls but when she was given a slightest challenge with the boys, she didn't do good. (Lloyd and Bleeding Love anyone? :o)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kelly and Nicole

Im not a James Arthur fan but Nicole's song choices for him allowed him to reinvent himself each week.

Kelly wasn't quite confident with Janet's "direction", and I think Janet was confused too judging by some of the song choices she made for herself. Overall I think Kelly was spot on with Misha, Amelia and Sophie. And I also think her critique was the most professional and constructive, which made up for her flaws.

Louis is good with POP groups and cheesy acts (most of the time). The reason I said 'POP' groups is because I don't feel like District 3 reached their full potential with Louis simply because they had that RnB/harmony vibe to them and all Louis did was gave them 'All-4-One' and 'Tina Turner'. Lol, that shouldn't have happened.

IMO
  • gemhudgemhud Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    d56 wrote: »
    Dannii

Her choices with the boys in 2010 were brilliant. Things like Matt smashing Baby One More Time, Aidan nailing Diamonds Are Forever. Even Simon said to Louis "thats how its done' when talking about song choice after one of Team Minogues performances.

Cheryl seemed to be alright with the girls but when she was given a slightest challenge with the boys, she didn't do good. (Lloyd and Bleeding Love anyone? :o)
    However she also helped joe win that year with great song choices.;)
  • big bang theorybig bang theory Posts: 4,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon
    Not being biased for a moment as I'm not normally the biggest fan of all this guys acts, but I think Simon nailed his song choices quite well depending on the act he was working with.
  • big bang theorybig bang theory Posts: 4,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon
    I actually think that Dannii wasn't the best at mentoring as I felt that she squeezed the life out of Aiden and Rachel Hilton.

Her critique was quite good though in my opinion.
  • SpencerLeveySpencerLevey Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackel1234 wrote: »

THIS!