Norton Anti virus for a laptop

Hi

Wonder if anyone can help...

Bought 2 laptops 12 months ago and bought the Norton Anti-virus for both. Obviously the 12 months has now expired and we need to renew the protection. My laptop no longer has a working disk drive (my fault - I broke it) and so a new Norton disk isn't feasible - is there an option, as an existing subscriber, to download Norton onto my laptop?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Jo

Comments

• -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    toddypoos wrote: »
    Hi

Wonder if anyone can help...

Bought 2 laptops 12 months ago and bought the Norton Anti-virus for both. Obviously the 12 months has now expired and we need to renew the protection. My laptop no longer has a working disk drive (my fault - I broke it) and so a new Norton disk isn't feasible - is there an option, as an existing subscriber, to download Norton onto my laptop?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Jo
    Just download the trial version and activate it with your key.

I normally get a 3 user 2 year sub off eBay for Norton Internet Security costs roughly £30 ish
  • toddypoostoddypoos Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that xx :-)
  • PsychoTherapistPsychoTherapist Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Avast or
    Avira or
    Microsoft Security Essentials.

All FREE and infinitely better than Norton. Seriously, don't waste your money, get something like the above, Norton has a well deserved bad reputation.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Avast or
    Avira or

All FREE and infinitely better than Norton. Seriously, don't waste your money, get something like the above, Norton has a well deserved bad reputation.

Admittedly, Norton is a lot better now than it was a few years ago, from what I hear.

But, yes, I ditched it in 2005-06 and have happily used Avast for free ever since.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Avast or
    Avira or

I agree. I used to have Norton a few years back and it was dreadful. It kept letting in viruses instead of removing them and it wouldn't update properly. When the time came to renew my subscription they were more than happy to take my money!