Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Badcat wrote: »
    To those whining about the lack of money PA's cancer charity has raised so far, has anyone considered that the folks that watch the PA show and donated MIGHT not be rolling in a huge amount of money they can give away willy nilly?

Perhaps... and just perhaps it is ordinary peeps who are struggling to pay rising bills with no sign of a pay rise and perhaps they can only afford to give a couple of quid to the cause?

So maybe it isn't a lot of money so far, but if those people donating can only afford £1, then it's still better than nothing?

If it was George Clooney (or other very famous celeb) promoting it I bet they would have LOTS of his rich pals donating to it. But it isn't as I very much doubt PA (or any other UK celeb) has loads of rich pals willing to dig deep into their pockets to help donate and promote it. PA just has to rely on "normal folk" to donate.

Also the charity is in it's infancy. Give it a bloody chance.

^ this ^

Would also like to say, that the just giving page is aimed at anybody who wants to contribute, not just his fans. So for anyone who is disappointed with what has been raised so far it's easily remedied. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »
    Im going to tune in this week and see if anything different happens.

Im wondering if he is going to ask for "baby Price" when it is here, as it will be a shame to leave one child behind . Will he pen it a song:D

Ian Hyland has upset Andre, but isnt he missing the point of a critic and watching tv

http://www.new-magazine.co.uk/latestnews/view/51193/Peter-Andre-silences-reality-show-critics/

Having briefly read through some posts. My only conclusion is Ian must be a closet Katie Price fan.;):D
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    goldiloks wrote: »
    Having briefly read through some posts. My only conclusion is Ian must be a closet Katie Price fan.;):D

Isn't everyone ;):D
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    Thanks Blue Eyed lady :)

I don't disagree, they could certainly be doing more to promote. But I have seen tweets from people saying they were raising money (eg his website team are running in a sponsored 10k ) and plans for London Marathon 2014 so I hope it's just a slow start and they'll pick up the pace soon. Perhaps they announced too early before everything was properly in place.

Really, that's the only thing I'd criticise (and have done) about it. I have a fundraising b'ground and I just find it frustrating when I see causes not being given the best chance to succeed. It's such a competitive business and you really have to target your audience and be clever about it and grab them from the off. I'm sure he has events in the pipeline and will publicise them in due course.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't everyone ;):D

I've heard even Prince William wonders if he's married the wrong Kate :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Re: Hyland.

Obviously it's Pete's column...but are those sentiments Pete's or Claire's I wonder....? Does it 'sound' like Pete? Hmm? Ponder :)

Are you really pondering or just pretending to ponder for appearances' sake? ;)
  • Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    You forgot that despite having a long history of posting that KP is a hideous orange trollop with the morals of an alley cat, as soon as you make a derogatory comment about PA, that history is ignored and you are on KPs payroll. Ditto the long history of PA being a self obsessed, manipulative manbaby - disregarded the minute you don't think his exes latest marriage will make the 25 year anniversary.

Sales of tinfoil hats must have gone through the roof in the DS Showbiz online sale.

If FMs want to accuse others of not being honest, at least have the courage of your convictions and say who it is or call them out personally rather than these sly little digs and general insinuations. If you're so sure of what you're saying, stand by your opinion and aim it at who you're talking about rather than the silly *they* posts

*Not aimed at you btw LAO. :)

Thats right Blondie, aim it at those your talking about rather than the silly *FMS* post :D
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Badcat wrote: »
    To those whining about the lack of money PA's cancer charity has raised so far, has anyone considered that the folks that watch the PA show and donated MIGHT not be rolling in a huge amount of money they can give away willy nilly?

Perhaps... and just perhaps it is ordinary peeps who are struggling to pay rising bills with no sign of a pay rise and perhaps they can only afford to give a couple of quid to the cause?

So maybe it isn't a lot of money so far, but if those people donating can only afford £1, then it's still better than nothing?

If it was George Clooney (or other very famous celeb) promoting it I bet they would have LOTS of his rich pals donating to it. But it isn't as I very much doubt PA (or any other UK celeb) has loads of rich pals willing to dig deep into their pockets to help donate and promote it. PA just has to rely on "normal folk" to donate.

Also the charity is in it's infancy. Give it a bloody chance.

Of course if everyone donated £1 it would make a massive difference but that's not the point I'm trying to make. Where the problem lies in IMO is PA's lack of promoting the charity. As I've said before Twitter (which other celebs have successfully used to promote various charities) is an excellent platform to get the word out.
    As for not having rich friends, he's forever saying in his column "my good mate (celeb name)" & I'm quite sure those "good mates" aren't cutting the mold off the bread to make a sandwich.
    I hasten to add I don't know a lot about setting up this type of foundation but I do know if I was in PA's position I'd be making a lot more noise about it than he appears to be but as has been pointed out, only time will tell.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kay2000 wrote: »
    Thats right Blondie, aim it at those your talking about rather than the silly *FMS* post :D

*Sigh* A clear as day post and you still don't seem to understand the point being made?

Blondie already responded directly to you when you, more or less, accused her of lying. Above was a general plea to approach people directly rather than go down the very tiresome and petty route of sly digs designed only to antagonise.

Did you not understand that? Or are you just looking to antagonise again?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    *Sigh* A clear as day post and you still don't seem to understand the point being made?

Blondie already responded directly to you when you, more or less, accused her of lying. Above was a general plea to approach people directly rather than go down the very tiresome and petty route of sly digs designed only to antagonise.

Did you not understand that? Or are you just looking to antagonise again?

Just making an observation, as its important to be clear on here, to avoid causing offence to other posters.
  • workhorseworkhorse Posts: 2,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    99% of the time I do enjoy a good wee chortle at Pete & everything he says & does DD but for some reason I'm getting more & more irritated at what seems very apparent is his lackadaisical approach to the The Foundation he's set up for CR.:mad:
    £1700 raised so far on his Just Giving page IMHO is pathetic. I've said it before but I truly believe he has the perfect tool available ie Twitter to hammer the message home to help raise funds & awareness but I could probably count the the amount of tweets he's posted about it on one hand.
    Yes he has done a couple of interviews where he has mentioned it but the cynical part of me is now thinking, was this just another ploy to get himself on TV.
    If he was truly serious about funding the mobile bus for the next 3 years he'd be getting off his lazy a*** & actually doing something about it.
    He needs a good bloomin kick up the backside!:mad::mad:

he fooled people into believing he was a good giving person but he is the opposite.
  • duvindupainduvindupain Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sainted Emily... always there to be in the kid's side. She's like one of them. A fourth child for PA to look after.

Swishing her hair.

What would she be without the hair swishing?

Fair play to PA for the cancer charity stuff.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    99% of the time I do enjoy a good wee chortle at Pete & everything he says & does DD but for some reason I'm getting more & more irritated at what seems very apparent is his lackadaisical approach to the The Foundation he's set up for CR.:mad:
    £1700 raised so far on his Just Giving page IMHO is pathetic. I've said it before but I truly believe he has the perfect tool available ie Twitter to hammer the message home to help raise funds & awareness but I could probably count the the amount of tweets he's posted about it on one hand.
    Yes he has done a couple of interviews where he has mentioned it but the cynical part of me is now thinking, was this just another ploy to get himself on TV.
    If he was truly serious about funding the mobile bus for the next 3 years he'd be getting off his lazy a*** & actually doing something about it.
    He needs a good bloomin kick up the backside!:mad::mad:

Give it a rest man. whether its £5 £2000 least the monies coming in. things do take time you know. I'm sure a year down the line there will be plenty donated.

Some ppl just can't help knocking someone regardless of what they do :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    claire33 wrote: »
    Give it a rest man. whether its £5 £2000 least the monies coming in. things do take time you know. I'm sure a year down the line there will be plenty donated.

I know,..I've noticed that on other topics ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You taught them well then BB didn't ya :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Any charity work is good, no matter who is behind it, as many were horrified when Katie was being knocked for the same, yet not so when its Pete being knocked. :rolleyes:
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member

No need to be rude, I have every right to voice my opinion.

I do not know how many times I can say this, yes I think £1700 raised (AFAIK) to date is pretty poor but that is not my point. The problem I see is PA's rather lackluster approach in raising the charity/foundation's profile. I'm pretty sure if he was more vocal about it then there would be more donations coming in.
    Also if you read any of my previous posts you will see I've also said only time will tell & I hope he proves me wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You taught them well then BB didn't ya :D

I taught who what Claire?? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I do not know how many times I can say this, yes I think £1700 raised (AFAIK) to date is pretty poor but that is not my point. The problem I see is PA's rather lackluster approach in raising the charity/foundation's profile. I'm pretty sure if he was more vocal about it then there would be more donations coming in.
    Also if you read any of my previous posts you will see I've also said only time will tell & I hope he proves me wrong.

He has announced it on Twitter, and when he appeared on Loose Women, Jonathan Ross etc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kay2000 wrote: »
    Any charity work is good, no matter who is behind it, as many were horrified when Katie was being knocked for the same, yet not so when its Pete being knocked. :rolleyes:

Again you have missed the point ..he isn't being knocked fr his foundation..he is being knocked for his LACK of promotion and doing anything to raise its profile
  • duvindupainduvindupain Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hang on, how much has PA raised so far?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Give the lad a chance then. its something new. no need to knock him of which a few are. he can't do anything right...pity his name wasn't Pricey..maybe then he'd be applauded even for a meer £2000 tut tut
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hang on, how much has PA raised so far?

Him personally £0 as far as I'm aware
    People making donations £1735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Again you have missed the point ..he isn't being knocked fr his foundation..he is being knocked for his LACK of promotion and doing anything to raise its profile

What more can he do? He tweets about it, mentions it in his show, mentions it when he makes quest appearances.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

and your missing the point that he is talking about it on shows already mentioned. its nothing to do with what he is or isn't doing, its just something else to knock him about as always regarding you lot. never happy at all even though u say you don't watch his shows...

pull the other one :D my opinion whether rude or not..just straight to the point.
This discussion has been closed.