Saville questioned as the Yorkshire Ripper... are you kidding me?????

Sarah AnneSarah Anne Posts: 743
Forum Member
✭✭
Ive read many reports that Jimmy Saville was supspected of being the Yorkshire Ripper...... Whatever next,.....

Saville behind 9/11
Saville killed Princess Diana to stop her talking
Saville behind 7/7 bombings
Saville invented the easter bunny to molest kids

This is turning into the biggest media circus in years!!!!

And meanwhile Jimmy Saville is still dead.

Comments

• GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    It's fact, and there is two threads on here first page!
  • Aidan11Aidan11 Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People love a good conspiracy theory.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wasn't so long ago that posters were saying there is no way JS is a child abuser, rapist , paedophile.

I wouldn't dismiss anything out of hand after what is now coming out and has still to come :eek:
  • Sarah AnneSarah Anne Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he was questioned and the police believed him to be a dangerous man why did he slip through the net?
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah Anne wrote: »
    If he was questioned and the police believed him to be a dangerous man why did he slip through the net?

They had to interview him because a caller named him as a suspect. Plus some of the victims bodies were found close to where he lived.

I don't think he was ever a serious suspect, just that police have to interview people named as suspects to eliminate them from their enquiries
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member

He was questioned because he lived in the area where a couple of the murders happened. One of them practically on his doorstep. Savile was just one of the many men in the area who were questioned. I wouldn't read too much into it.
  • Parker45Parker45 Posts: 5,849
    Forum Member
    Electra wrote: »
    He was questioned because he lived in the area where a couple of the murders happened. One of them practically on his doorstep. Savile was just one of the many men in the area who were questioned. I wouldn't read too much into it.

This has gone way past absurd to heights of surrealism. There are now calls for his body to be exhumed. i suppose his name will be erased form all books, videos and memory. It's become a ludicrous witchhunt on someone who is dead.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Parker45 wrote: »
    This has gone way past absurd to heights of surrealism. There are now calls for his body to be exhumed. i suppose his name will be erased form all books, videos and memory. It's become a ludicrous witchhunt on someone who is dead.

Well it's not so ludicrous for those he took advantage of. You should read the other thread. It is quite enlightening. Of course who knows what is truth and not but there is some pretty good detailed research in there pointing many fingers at him and other people in positions of power
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    Well it's not so ludicrous for those he took advantage of. You should read the other thread. It is quite enlightening. Of course who knows what is truth and not but there is some pretty good detailed research in there pointing many fingers at him and other people in positions of power

The media are whipping up hysteria and, in the process, clouding the real issue of people who were abused by him. This so-called Ripper connection being a case in point. He was interviewed by the police along with everyone else who lived close to the park where the body of one of the Ripper victims was found. Typically, though, this story is being exaggarated into something it isn't. The fact that Saville was interviewed as part of the Ripper enquiry wasn't a secret - I read about it in a book several years ago, so the information was out there in the public domain. Why people are going so OTT with it is beyond me.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    The media are whipping up hysteria and, in the process, clouding the real issue of people who were abused by him. This so-called Ripper connection being a case in point. He was interviewed by the police along with everyone else who lived close to the park where the body of one of the Ripper victims was found. Typically, though, this story is being exaggarated into something it isn't. The fact that Saville was interviewed as part of the Ripper enquiry wasn't a secret - I read about it in a book several years ago, so the information was out there in the public domain. Why people are going so OTT with it is beyond me.

I agree, Jo. The press are looking for more and more Savile weirdness. But Savile did make 'friends' with Sutcliffe when he visited Broadmoor. More Savile perverseness, I suspect.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Lucky he wasn't a keeper at London zoo as well, the media would be having a field day on that.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So very true, and it's great fodder for the bandwagon jumpers. My aunt was saying yesterday evening that if she and my mum were unscrupulous, they could easily make a report to the police saying they were molested by Savile as they were underage teenagers when Savile was gaining popularity in Leeds (one of mum's 14 year old classmates had a fling with him....have known this for years). They could have done a bit of poking around on the web (especially since all of this has blown up) and come up with a very plausible story. Neither of them were raised to be liars and actually doing that would be well beyond their moral scope but alongside Savile's genuine abuse victims, others are going to come forward with concocted stories.

In effect, the above not only dilutes the investigation by giving the police lots of extra (unnecessary) work but it also denigrates the integrity of those who were assaulted by him and have only just felt able to talk about it in the wake of recent events. I don't envy the work of the police in sorting the wheat from the chaff. The media, in an attempt to uncover even the minutest detail that might add to the incriminating evidence against Savile, have thrown too many red herrings into the mix. On one hand, it's very annoying. On the other, they are between a rock and a hard place. If they keep reporting relevant, focused on fact rather than conjecture and low key, they are accused of 'not doing enough' or collusion. If they do try and provide as much information as is out there, they are accused of being sensationalist (and perhaps rightly where stories are embellished in glorious detail :rolleyes:). I guess it's up to the discerning consumer to find the 'happy medium', should they actually care to.
  • StrmChaserSteveStrmChaserSteve Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I Agree!
    Im waiting for the "Saville is still alive" conspiracy!
  • GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Posts: 6,289
    Forum Member

No, his name was actually put forward as a suspect by members of the public. What makes it noteworthy is the bizarre friendship struck up between Sutcliffe and Savile when Savile was carrying out his mysterious role at Broadmoor.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Should have done something about it when the **** was still alive.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    Should have done something about it when the **** was still alive.

Absolutely agree.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must admit I burst out laughing when this came on the news yesterday!! :D

The whole thing is just so absurd by the day.
  • Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote: »

I agree, bit spooky he then went and made friends with the Ripper after being questioned of being him though. Kinda like maybe he actually sought him out

Knowing what we do now about Saville, maybe he admired the Ripper
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So were a lot of men who lived in Leeds at the time, some I knew personally. It was a desperate time, and bloody frightening. This isn't really news...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, bit spooky he then went and made friends with the Ripper after being questioned of being him though. Kinda like maybe he actually sought him out

Knowing what we do now about Saville, maybe he admired the Ripper

Does seem likely....:eek:
  • jack pattersonjack patterson Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That is why there are calls for him to be dug up, as his death may have been a cunning diversionary ploy for him to abuse the other residents of the cemetery.
  • drillbitdrillbit Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive read many reports that Jimmy Saville was supspected of being the Yorkshire Ripper...... Whatever next,.....

Saville behind 9/11
    Saville killed Princess Diana to stop her talking
    Saville behind 7/7 bombings
    Saville invented the easter bunny to molest kids

This is turning into the biggest media circus in years!!!!

And meanwhile Jimmy Saville is still dead.

well he did warn us all them years ago....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMPt7pQI9G8