Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw Evan Davies (Presenter of Dragons Den) the other week at a University Lecture....He was super nice, very witty and smart....he was really down to earth and funny...xo
  • koloisadkoloisad Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    You must live near me, Bruce Jones was always drunk as a skunk in the local pub, slagging off everyone and anyone in Coronation Street. He was actually very intimidating when he was drunk but I met him through work once and he was sober then, and not that bad.

Yes he could be very intimidating if you didnt know him, but now has become a bit sad really. in court for attacking his wife and living in a caravan, and all through Guinness
  • soilhoofsoilhoof Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lmao! :D I think you stayed very cool under the circumstances...went to London on a school trip on Sat and Robert Pattinson was over the road being papped by every papper in the city :D My friend and I simply squealed form over the road (it was dark and the paps were silhouetting him to see :D)...but we didn't go over, if that gets me any points? :o

My family used to holiday at an outdoor activity camp in Argyllshire, Scotland. We've only recently discovered that the posher-than-us kid who used to mountain bike all around the place and help residents was Robert Pattinson.
  • soilhoofsoilhoof Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jalabert wrote: »
    Quentin Crisp, horrible man. Treated me like I was a piece of s**t.

That was kind of his job, wasn't it? Professional misanthrope? There are some celebs who are gloriously nasty. People queue up to hear the disdainful ripostes of Christopher Plummer ('The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus; 'Up') after, several years ago, a fan went up to him, complimented his work and asked for an autograph. Plummer responded with "Why don't you f- off back up whatever hole you crawled out of!" at which the autograph hunter punched him. First recorded instance of the fan hitting the shit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone met Morrissey?

He's a hero of mine.

Also any premierships footballer who have been horrible?

A coupel of friends of mine met Morrissey at a gig in Camden nearly a year ago. They said he was utterly charming and they even had a drink with him (although, he wasn't drinking).

There that night also was the guy who plays McLovin in Superbad - apparently he was surrounded by people! More so than Morrissey :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Gail Porter a couple of months ago at lunchtime outside a restaurant in London. I didn't say anything to her, I was just having a cigarette, but she offered me some nuts as the bar staff had brought her too many bowls :)

We were chatting and she was telling me about a 20-something she's sleeping with - haha.

She was very bubbly, friendly and quite funny actually.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    I was in NYC last week and stumbled across Chris Noth (aka Mr Big from SATC). I asked him for a pic and he just growled "I'm Busy!" Naturally I told him to "go and f**k off"! I think he's the only knobhead that I've met.

Keanu Reeves, Ian Brown and Russell Brand are all delightful.

I'd love to meet Morrissey, I think he's the only person who could make me star struck.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LisaKC wrote: »
    I was in NYC last week and stumbled across Chris Noth (aka Mr Big from SATC). I asked him for a pic and he just growled "I'm Busy!" Naturally I told him to "go and f**k off"! I think he's the only knobhead that I've met.

Keanu Reeves, Ian Brown and Russell Brand are both delightful.

I'd love to meet Morrissey, I think he's the only person who could make me star struck.

I think Chris Noth is a bit if a jekyll and hyde character. I've heard people say that he is absolutely lovely, and heard other people say they had similar experiences to you.

Shame really - I had the biggest crush on him when he was on Law and Order (and later, Sex and the City).

Never heard a bad word said about Keanu:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lil lexie wrote: »
    Josie Lawrence was in our local Sainsbury's yesterday, my mom (who was working on the next till) said to the woman that served her, 'You've just served a celeb!' and she said 'Josie who?':rolleyes:

My sisters met her a few times and said she's really lovely. So nice that a shithole like round here has a resident celeb. :D
    I met Josie at a local event (West Mids) a few years ago. She was a lovely lovely woman.
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Jalabert wrote: »
    Quentin Crisp, horrible man. Treated me like I was a piece of s**t.

Really? I've met him too & he was an absolute darling; very approachable, sweet & utterly charming. Lovely, lovely man :)
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if this has been posted before but it's a link to a forum where cabin crew talk about what celebs they have had on their flights and if they are nice/nasty etc. :)

http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew/300180-who-your-nicest-celebs.html

Hmmn, apparently Cilla Black isn't well liked at all. If she is vile in real life, then she might like to put on a fake persona when she's being interviewed on TV. I think I'd be shocked if I encountered Cilla Black and she was rude to me ... a few times ... on different occasions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    interesting site where the cabin crew are chatting about famous passengers - thanks for the link:)

Not at all surprised to hear that Michael Palin and Robin Williams were both lovely. They both seem like they would be.

A friend has met Kathy Burke, and said she was great fun, very friendly. Emma Thompson is also supposed to be lovely, as are Kate Winslet and Sam Mendes.

A friend's mom met Justin Timberlake in the first class lounge at an airport. Apparently they just got chatting as they were sitting near each other, but he didn't tell her who he was, and she had no clue (until her daughter came along and almost collapsed with shock)! She said JT was very very nice indeed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SourCherry wrote: »
    I met Gail Porter a couple of months ago at lunchtime outside a restaurant in London. I didn't say anything to her, I was just having a cigarette, but she offered me some nuts as the bar staff had brought her too many bowls :)

We were chatting and she was telling me about a 20-something she's sleeping with - haha.

She was very bubbly, friendly and quite funny actually.

Good for her! I'm glad Gail's nice, I've always liked her.
  • PedroPedro Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    soilhoof wrote: »
    That was kind of his job, wasn't it? Professional misanthrope? There are some celebs who are gloriously nasty. People queue up to hear the disdainful ripostes of Christopher Plummer ('The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus; 'Up') after, several years ago, a fan went up to him, complimented his work and asked for an autograph. Plummer responded with "Why don't you f- off back up whatever hole you crawled out of!" at which the autograph hunter punched him. First recorded instance of the fan hitting the shit.
    Heh heh, bloody brilliant !!!:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    I don't know if this has been posted before but it's a link to a forum where cabin crew talk about what celebs they have had on their flights and if they are nice/nasty etc. :)

Fantastic link - thanks :D

My list of celebs I have 'met' is very small :o The only 2 that really spring to mind were both within the last year:-

Gillian McKeith - working away on her laptop in the lobby of the Edinburgh hotel we were staying at before Christmas last year. I wanted to go say hello and ask for an autograph but my wife wouldn't let me because she said it was 'rude' :rolleyes: :mad: :D

Dermot O Leary - during the Manchester X Factor auditions back in April. Didn't actually speak to him but he was very warm, friendly and a great host :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Me and a couple of friends met Alan Carr in Blackpool in September, kind of just bumped into him in the street and he was really nice and made time to speak to us.

I've also met Mika on a few occasions, he is SUPER nice, and always makes time for his fans. We were casually sitting down after the gig in Blackpool in Sept and the next thing he walked out and started to mingle and talk to the people that were waiting for him. He's brilliant :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love Viggo to make time for me!

Same here!!!!!!! Gorgeous inside and out!!

.....:):)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1232905/Viggo-Mortensen-goes-Lord-Of-The-Rings-king-The-Road.html
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    one of the cabin crew wrote this about cilla.....cant say I'm surprised

Ms Black

You don't talk to Ms Black.
    Ms Black will talk to you.
    Ms Black only sits in 1A
    Ms Black will have some champagne now.
    Ms Black talks through a personal assistant.

Vile bitch, rumour has it she was banned from BA for a while because of her attitiude to staff and excessive demands about seating.
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ms Black

Ms Black only sits in 1A

Vile bitch, rumour has it she was banned from BA for a while because of her attitiude to staff and excessive demands about seating.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »

Ms Black

Ms Black only sits in 1A

Yeah, this is why I posted the link to that site and said that apparently, Cilla Black didn't seem to be well liked amongst "normal folk". IF that's right, then who the bloody hell do these people actually think they are? They must think they're a new breed and that they're somehow superior to us mere human beings. Unbelievable, IF true.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fortunately I don't have to see the lovely Miss Morons bits any more but she is more than a bit partial to a bit of flashing, I seem to remember she was particularly partial to flashing in pub cark parks. Getting her to keep her clothes ON is the problem.

A real classy girl then - not! I've heard of women flashing their tits but not their lady bits!! (unless they're Britney, Paris or Cheryl C's mum getting in cars!)

Brilliant, brilliant link thanks so much for posting it :)
  • MonkeylalalaMonkeylalala Posts: 915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    A real classy girl then - not! I've heard of women flashing their tits but not their lady bits!! (unless they're Britney, Paris or Cheryl C's mum getting in cars!)

Quite. And I can confirm that she is a natural blonde.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite. And I can confirm that she is a natural blonde.

:o:D Thanks for posting that Monkeylalala, gave me a good laugh! Maybe that's why she's so keen on showing it off because she's, ahem!, natural! :D I'll never be able to look at her in the same way again knowing she's a flasher! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Not that big a list, but in my younger days I worked in a wine shop situated close to the local theatre, and a fair few 'celebrities' happened to pop in for the odd beverage (or two...).

Now, who can I remember?

Paul Venables (May to December, Holby City, etc.) - lovely, and I was rather starstruck at the time!
    Lionel Blair - very nice
    Leo McKern (Rumpole of the Bailey) - a regular customer who was a bit gruff and also wonderfully eccentric (he used to turn up in his slippers...)
    Derek Fowlds (Heartbeat, Basil Brush) - very nice and polite
    Van Morrison - a regular customer who also lived across the road from me - a little on the grumpy side
    Patricia Routledge - absolutely ghastly, and boy, did I have to bite my tongue!

Others (from all over the place) that I can recall:

Anthony Head - lovely
    Paul Bradley (Holby City, Eastenders) - really lovely - came to a craft fair that we'd organised and bought lots of goodies
    Jarvis Cocker - very entertaining and down to earth
    Richard Wilson - entertaining the crowds in a funny, smiley way
    Julian Cope - hilarious - lost his voice during an intimate gig and kept us all entertained with his antics
    Eric Idle - singing away at a festival - seemed pleasant enough
    Jean Shrimpton (60's model) - again, bought some goodies from us - very nice
    Matthew Kelly - seemed nice enough but turned down an invitation to a celebratory party (fair enough, really!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Van Morrison - a regular customer who also lived across the road from me - a little on the grumpy side
    )

:eek: No!!! Is his universal nickname not Uncle Chuckletrousers?