The Bloomberg TV Appreciation Thread

Comments

• epsomepsom Posts: 4,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To get back to Bloomberg matters!

Mark Barton sometimes stands in for Francine or Maryam when they are off. However I think that Manus is now the top male London based reporter for Bloomberg.

Stephanie, you said in the past you rarely watch Bloomberg. Is that going to change in the future?
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    epsom wrote: »
    Stephanie, you said in the past you rarely watch Bloomberg. Is that going to change in the future?

It might well do, it all depends on what CNBC is like post-Erin Burnett (if I can get used to it or not).
  • am1969am1969 Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    I think there's a difference between a host and a markets reporter. Manus is obviously a reporter. Mark has been a reporter for a short time when he had nothing to host, but nevertheless he's a host. Now he's lost his show to Owen, and with Manus being the main reporter he's been made redundant. I don't know, working as a fill-in is obviously not a dream job... or is it?

He could join Rishaad Salamat and John Dawson in Hong Kong. Bloomberg Asia offers a lot of potential. They don't have something like "Last Word Asia." It'd be a significant change for him, though.
    Yes Mark originally a markets man. But that post seems to have been taken over by the stunning Caroline Hyde. Remains to be seen what will happen to him. But it looks like a 4:00 AM start for Linzie after all. Just checked the Europe Schedule on the Bloomberg website and looks like that what's going to happen. Dont think a Last Word Asia would work with Linzie updating us on the Asian markets on First Look anyway.
    Forum Member
    Bump :D Don't want this thread to flop!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    Great to see this thread. Good to see Linzie has improved - I remember when she started - still liked a laugh before I went to work! Like Francine and Judith and her amazing collection of necklaces. Caroline I find patronising. Was sad to see Rish and John go to HK. Manus makes me laugh - he so wants to be the alpha dog!
    Forum Member
    Maxiscot wrote: »
    Great to see this thread. Good to see Linzie has improved - I remember when she started - still liked a laugh before I went to work! Like Francine and Judith and her amazing collection of necklaces. Caroline I find patronising. Was sad to see Rish and John go to HK. Manus makes me laugh - he so wants to be the alpha dog!
    I started watching Bloomberg after Linzie joined so i missed her early days. We'll have to agree to disagree about Caroline. I think she's great. I'm not expecting "The Pulse" to look any different tomorrow.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    am1969 wrote: »
    Yes Mark originally a markets man. But that post seems to have been taken over by the stunning Caroline Hyde. Remains to be seen what will happen to him. But it looks like a 4:00 AM start for Linzie after all. Just checked the Europe Schedule on the Bloomberg website and looks like that what's going to happen. Dont think a Last Word Asia would work with Linzie updating us on the Asian markets on First Look anyway.

I think I told you that in an earlier post or two:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To get back to Bloomberg matters!

For someone who did not want this thread started.................................................................................................:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bump :D Don't want this thread to flop!

Bmup :D
    A dyslexic bump :)
    Forum Member
    For someone who did not want this thread started.................................................................................................:D

I know. I am shocked!
    Forum Member
    I think I told you that in an earlier post or two:D
    Yeah you did. It's just that there was a lot of confusion about the start times. I wish Bloomberg would get rid of all this dreary sport they show at the weekend. The sports car racing is :cool: but ditch the rest. Were not getting Political Capital anymore unless it's on overnight. I miss Julianna Goldman
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still think it will go the same way as the CNN one!
    Forum Member

Make sure it doesn't!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Probably, but one things for certain, It won't last as long as the CNBC thread, right CNBC'er?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably, but one things for certain, It won't last as long as the CNBC thread, right CNBC'er?
    Stephanie watches CNBC but doesn't really watch CNN or Bloomberg, that why the CNBC thread will last and the other will not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stephanie watches CNBC but doesn't really watch CNN or Bloomberg, that why the CNBC thread will last and the other will not.

Yes she does only watch CNBC, but the Bloomberg thread is not her thread, so?

And why you using people's real name's?
    Forum Member
    Perhaps we should get back to a discussion about Bloomberg TV instead of all these stupid comments about whether this thread will survive.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And why you using people's real name's?
    First names are no big deal are they? Presumeably yours is Rob, mine is Stuart!
    Forum Member

I watch CNN sometimes too and mum often has it on in the background. I've watched it in hotels too.
  • JoshuaRyJoshuaRy Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    I thought a new look was launching today? Everything seemed the same!
    Forum Member
    Yes it looked very much like business as usual. Got to wonder why they even bothered hiring Owen Thomas. I'm actually glad there isn't much change and On The Move is unchanged except for the loss of one hour.
    Forum Member
    Wow page 3! Doing well. On holiday and our apartment's supposed to have Bloomberg but no satellite signal :(
    Forum Member
    On holiday and our apartment's supposed to have Bloomberg but no satellite signal :(
    Not cool. Your missing Bloomberg West.
    Forum Member
    am1969 wrote: »
    Not cool. Your missing Bloomberg West.

It's a shame :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a shame :(
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: