Jo Joyner's break is for 1 year...

sarahcadhillsarahcadhill Posts: 2,446
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/scoop/a446662/eastenders-jake-wood-talks-maxs-secret-and-christmas-drama.html

Jake Wood said in his interview that "Jo's having a year out to look after the babies"

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So first it was said to be six months, and now it's a year. LOL. Well, good from my POV as I don't like Tanya.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,931
    Forum Member
    And when a year is up..... who knows.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good.

Tanya really gets on my nerves.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow a year, I like Tanya maybe she needs this long break so she can come back as the old Tanya.
    I don't think I'm going to miss her, especially her hypocritical and snobby attitude.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Another new addition to the ever-expanding cast of EE spin-off "On a Break".
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whats it with all these people in eastenders wanting breaks every minute they need to start axing people and if patsy palmer leaves again please just kill nher off so she can join her best mate tiffany.
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »

its getting silly now isnt it its a joke back in the days these silly people would not get away with it, look what happenned to martine mchuchean when she asked for one break in 1998 yet the likes of ricky and bianca can come and please as they go and tanya is having another one yet again.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,844
    Forum Member
    hasn't Jo given interviews before and said it was only 6 months?

seems strange that its now a year. unless its been changed :confused:
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,271
    Forum Member
    We knew about this months ago. It was one of the last actors that Kirkwood agreed to take a break.

Dot & Janine (June/Charlie) will be back on screen so it's only Tanya (Jo) not going to be around
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'd guess we see if she will come back or not lot can happen in a year and others were on breaks and never returned for years.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    gentleguy wrote: »
    its getting silly now isnt it its a joke back in the days these silly people would not get away with it, look what happenned to martine mchuchean when she asked for one break in 1998 yet the likes of ricky and bianca can come and please as they go and tanya is having another one yet again.

I agree. The producers need to put their foot down. These people should be grateful for the privileged position they're in. There are plenty of talented, jobbing actors who would happily do their job for half of what they get just for the sake of employment. Could you imagine if you walked up to your boss and asked for a 12 month break? You'd be laughed out of the office clutching your P45.

Patsy's the worst - if she wants another break they can send her packing. Bianca would be no big loss IMO.
  • sarahcadhillsarahcadhill Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jo Joyner said ages ago that it was a short break, but now it is a year break :O
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. The producers need to put their foot down. These people should be grateful for the privileged position they're in. There are plenty of talented, jobbing actors who would happily do their job for half of what they get just for the sake of employment. Could you imagine if you walked up to your boss and asked for a 12 month break? You'd be laughed out of the office clutching your P45.

Patsy's the worst - if she wants another break they can send her packing. Bianca would be no big loss IMO.

Yes! I understand working mother's want to spend time with there children and they may be able to afford the time off but its no way helpful to the show especially 6 months to a year.
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/scoop/a446662/eastenders-jake-wood-talks-maxs-secret-and-christmas-drama.html

Jake Wood said in his interview that "Jo's having a year out to look after the babies"

Just when you thought things couldnt get any worse :(

I knew when I heard "has asked to take leave when her current contract ends in order to spend more time with her famiy" that there would be little chance of her seeing the start of 2014.

I doubt she'll return
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    We knew about this months ago. It was one of the last actors that Kirkwood agreed to take a break.

Dot & Janine (June/Charlie) will be back on screen so it's only Tanya (Jo) not going to be around

A year is not a break, a year is an exit Dan. You can dress it up all you want this will have an impact on the show.

Not forgetting Zainab is leaving too

EE can not afford to lose anymore of it's strong female cast.
    Forum Member
    I can see Jo staying away unless her financial situation demands that she returns to work.

What I don't want is Max hovering about in the background until Jo can be arsed to come back and I don't want them to rebuild a new life for Max only to throw it back in his face when Tanya returns.
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    She must take the rap for Lauren and go to jail or something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For Tanya to be gone for a whole year there must be another marriage breakdown coming. The usual Max and Tanya secret revealed-breakup-reunion storyline is getting tired and repetitive. I hope there won't be another reunion a year from now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    I can see Jo staying away unless her financial situation demands that she returns to work.

What I don't want is Max hovering about in the background until Jo can be arsed to come back and I don't want them to rebuild a new life for Max only to throw it back in his face when Tanya returns.

I dont understand why Kat couldn't have been having an affair with Max and then that would have been a great excuse for Tanya to leave for a while.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,844
    Forum Member
    los.kav wrote: »

but what lauren did wouldnt equal a years prison sentence would it :confused: surely they wont drag it out till her break?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    los.kav wrote: »

We can not have another character go to jail in soap land
  • AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    dan2008 wrote: »

We did except Jo said it was 6 months? Now it is a year? And unlike Charlie who negotiated before she left for hers to be renewed she will be off contract. Interesting
    Forum Member
    I reckon Max has money problems which causes Tanya to have a strop and leave walford. She then returns down the line engaged to a new man who is a builder. However she still loves Max and they start an affair even though he's with a new woman. The two of them get back together while their previous partners do their nuts for one episode but then leave never to be see again.
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,271
    Forum Member
    We did except Jo said it was 6 months? Now it is a year? And unlike Charlie who negotiated before she left for hers to be renewed she will be off contract. Interesting
    So was Patsy but she came back . I think Jo will be back once the year is up. Many people though June would never return again but she is
  • tvhonourtvhonour Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they can afford to take breaks then why the heck shouldn't they? Honestly, the way some of you talk on here sometimes is absolutely ridiculous, as though you're in the position to say what should and shouldn't be, assuming that because they take breaks they aren't grateful for their positions.

And they hardly come and go as they please. Each case is sanctioned by the powers that be and mutually agreed too based on the circumstances surrounding the need for time off.