Humax HDR-1000S Firmware Update 1.00.16 - Now Available

Comments

• grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nathan wrote: »
    Since the new firmware, trying to playback a remote video file over DLNA,
    if you press pause and then play it jumps back to near the start.
    If you try and rewind it will not go back
    and if you jump forward it goes back to the start!

This box gets more useless by the day. :mad:

The left/right cursor keys work OK for me.
  • NathanNathan Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The left/right cursor keys work OK for me.

Thanks, that helps a little bit, but they really have messed up the reliabilty of playback in this version.

Even on normal pvr recordings, pressing rewind does nothing sometimes until you press fast forward first and pressing jump in either direction too quickly takes you back to the start of the recording.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    Do you have the daily BBC1-HD Breakfast programme scheduled ?.

If not could you set it for tommorow to see if padding with no overnight boot programmed allows this to be recorded. ?

update for today, power on/off not set and freesat box not been on since yesterday tea time (approx 3.30pm) switched on this mornin and yep brekfast in HD has taped as well as the programmes i had set last night and thats with just 2 mins padding at front....

hollyoaks 7pm E4
    hollyoaks 7.30pm E4
    jamie & jimmy's food fight 8pm 4HD
    breakfast BBC HD 6am
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    markdyer72 wrote: »
    update for today, power on/off not set and freesat box not been on since yesterday tea time (approx 3.30pm) switched on this mornin and yep brekfast in HD has taped as well as the programmes i had set last night and thats with just 2 mins padding at front....

hollyoaks 7pm E4
    hollyoaks 7.30pm E4
    jamie & jimmy's food fight 8pm 4HD
    breakfast BBC HD 6am

Thanks for the info, did you get the end of all the programmes you recorded ?
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the info, did you get the end of all the programmes you recorded ?

ahh no, i dont know about the bbc hd breakfast i assume so but seein as i dont watch it i was just testing for it recording... but holly oaks 2nd episode had end missed off....but nobody was using the freesat so surely that shouldnt have happened ..

i can only assume its because jamie started directly after oaks finished maybe it put the 2 min padding on there, but saying that ic is capable recording 2 sides at once when not in use so i dont think that was to blame.....

first oaks was 32 mins long 2nd only 30 and jamie is 1hr and 2 mins long
    Forum Member
    well my freesat been off since around 10 ish last night, power on/off was set to 05.00 - 05.15 this morning, have a programmes set to record at 11.30, am leaving the sat box off untill after then to check it will record....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ahh no, i dont know about the bbc hd breakfast i assume so but seein as i dont watch it i was just testing for it recording... but holly oaks 2nd episode had end missed off....but nobody was using the freesat so surely that shouldnt have happened ..

i can only assume its because jamie started directly after oaks finished maybe it put the 2 min padding on there, but saying that ic is capable recording 2 sides at once when not in use so i dont think that was to blame.....

first oaks was 32 mins long 2nd only 30 and jamie is 1hr and 2 mins long

I have a suspicion that padding the start and leaving the end on auto disables AR on the end as well as the beginning. If the programme overruns then if this is correct you will lose a bit of the end.
  • paul1962paul1962 Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    I have a suspicion that padding the start and leaving the end on auto disables AR on the end as well as the beginning. If the programme overruns then if this is correct you will lose a bit of the end.

That would match what I've seen.
    I've been checking the length of recordings made over the past few days.
    As long as the end of one program doesn't coincide with the start of another all recordings have been their expected length plus 2 minutes. ie, a 30 minute program was recorded for 32 minutes.
    When programs coincide, such as Emmerdale/Coro the first program seems to be 30minutes, the second 32 minutes as expected.
    As the box has two tuners there is no need for it to do this.
    I'm not sure what happens if the programs are on different channels, ie record 19:00-19:30 on bbc then 19:30-20:00 on itv. I assume that both recordings will be 32 minutes but I'm not holding my breath on this one
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paul1962 wrote: »
    That would match what I've seen.
    I've been checking the length of recordings made over the past few days.
    As long as the end of one program doesn't coincide with the start of another all recordings have been their expected length plus 2 minutes. ie, a 30 minute program was recorded for 32 minutes.
    When programs coincide, such as Emmerdale/Coro the first program seems to be 30minutes, the second 32 minutes as expected.
    As the box has two tuners there is no need for it to do this.
    I'm not sure what happens if the programs are on different channels, ie record 19:00-19:30 on bbc then 19:30-20:00 on itv. I assume that both recordings will be 32 minutes but I'm not holding my breath on this one

Sequential recordings on the same channel are always allocated to 1 tuner.

End padding of first recording and start padding of second is dropped automatically even when the next programme is on a different channel.

Try setting a 2min end pad as well.
    Forum Member
    my 11.30 recording didnt record, yet for some strange reason the freesat box is on, yet nobody turned it on....

and when i had 2 min padding the first programme was 32 mins the second 30 mins and missed end off.... and they were sequential on same side hollyoaks on e4...

so waking up early on mornin still doesnt seem to work, gonna have to b padding and have to have padding on beginning and end so as to not miss any the end.... this is very annoying and frustrating wondering if programmes are ever going to record and if so will they b in full

Guess only other way round it is to switch freesat on first thing in morning and leave it on all day till go bed only problem
    There is that would have to hae it on a channel recording if 2 programmes overlap. Is there any downside to leaving it on all day
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my 11.30 recording didnt record, yet for some strange reason the freesat box is on, yet nobody turned it on....

and when i had 2 min padding the first programme was 32 mins the second 30 mins and missed end off.... and they were sequential on same side hollyoaks on e4...

so waking up early on mornin still doesnt seem to work, gonna have to b padding and have to have padding on beginning and end so as to not miss any the end.... this is very annoying and frustrating wondering if programmes are ever going to record and if so will they b in full

Guess only other way round it is to switch freesat on first thing in morning and leave it on all day till go bed only problem
    There is that would have to hae it on a channel recording if 2 programmes overlap. Is there any downside to leaving it on all day

No need to worry about the channel it's on. If the channel can't be viewed as a result of recording the box changes to the recording channel.

No particular problems with leaving it on other than power considerations

Current state of thinking. Wake up timer within an hour or so of first recording works for the first, If the second is to far on in time the next recording fails but subsequent ones work. Not sure what the time delays are exactly (without lots of experimentation it's hard to find out)

Last night - no padding power on 04:00-04:05 Breakfast recorded OK, Countryfile at 12:40 failed to start.

Combination of wake up timer and +-2 min autopadding so far seems to work for everything.

Now there's a way of reliably reproducing the problem there's a much better chance of a fix soon.
    Forum Member
    No need to worry about the channel it's on. If the channel can't be viewed as a result of recording the box changes to the recording channel.

No particular problems with leaving it on other than power considerations

Current state of thinking. Wake up timer within an hour or so of first recording works for the first, If the second is to far on in time the next recording fails but subsequent ones work. Not sure what the time delays are exactly (without lots of experimentation it's hard to find out)

Last night - no padding power on 04:00-04:05 Breakfast recorded OK, Countryfile at 12:40 failed to start.

Combination of wake up timer and +-2 min autopadding so far seems to work for everything.

Now there's a way of reliably reproducing the problem there's a much better chance of a fix soon.

well have been testing the recording leaving freesat box on, and yes i guess does work to an extent, it comes up with screen stating a recording is about to start on another channel then option to cancel record or record now, i just leave it and after about 30 seconds or so defaults to the channel to record, all be it on many occasions just catching the beginning.... i guess its a kinda work around, not ideal but until a software update that corrects the problem is released will have to do.....
    Forum Member
    hmmm i had series recording set for cowboy trap this morning BBC1 HD 11.45, i switched my freesat box on this mornin and switched it off at approx 8.30am so we know its less than 3 hrs before it decides not to record hmmmm. hoping software update comes soon
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    Did the G1 Foxsat HDR perform this badly when it was first released?

And if so, how long did it take to get the most serious (core functionality) bugs out of the system?
    Forum Member
    Eston Bleu wrote: »
    Did the G1 Foxsat HDR perform this badly when it was first released?

And if so, how long did it take to get the most serious (core functionality) bugs out of the system?

i had my foxsat for a year or 3 and i never had any problems with it at all, nothin like what having wi 1000s, ya would think Humax would pull there finger out or sales willplummet and returns in there hundreds if not thousands, as the bos isnt fit for purpose....YET
  • fudgediamondfudgediamond Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    On 1.00.16 firmware and have the following issues.

• Coronation St. on Series record. Missing first episode of the evening, Will record the 830PM show but not record the 730PM show. (I believe this could be the first recording of that day)
    • System Info: Tuner Info:- Only have 1 Tuner with signal. Detected 2 cables. Have noticed that this status flips between the two tuners every now and again.

Box has been powered off and on at mains since I realised it had been firmware updated. Also have connected unconnected the ends at the back of the freesat box and at the LNB but to no avail, the symptoms with the Tuner Signal is worrying. Surely you expect to see both with Signal.?

Someone on Amazon posted this about the single tuner problem.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R1ZDTCS1TGCA1P/ref=cm_cr_pr_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00A16VYOO&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=#wasThisHelpful

Is there a definitive list of known bugs or issues with this firmware somwhere.?
    Pulling my hair out and 'her in doors' not well too pleased. Glad I didnt get rid of the G1 Foxsat.

In addition
    (Wasn't even aware the box had been updated. First sign of poor customer comms I think - at least prompt or inform or notify the box user that an update has taken place! My WD TV Live present a big Orange status that NEW FIRMWARE is available)
    BTW I have a Foxsat HDR also with Raydon CFW.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Diagnostics only shows signal for active tuners which is why it swaps round depending on which tuner is actually being used.

Both tuners are checked during reset or first install. If it says 2 cables that's fine.

Start a recording and switch to a different channel now have a look.

Missing first recording of the day is a known issue. Set a power on timer about 1 to 2 hours before your first recording till a fix is found. You can set a matching power late at night id you don't want to power the box off manually.
    Forum Member
    Forgot to add. I am also missing ITV Player in the On Demand.

Can conclusively say it was there when I got the box in Nov 2012. Now only BBC iPlayer and the Coming Soon CH4 and five On demand logos.

Where has it gone?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forgot to add. I am also missing ITV Player in the On Demand.

Can conclusively say it was there when I got the box in Nov 2012. Now only BBC iPlayer and the Coming Soon CH4 and five On demand logos.

Where has it gone?

Should be there, you know you only get listings for channels with actual programmes. You have to go back from an ITV-SD channel in the epg.

Checking now to see if it's gone on my box.

EDIT

Working fine om my box, Lorraine is first programme in recent list.
  • robbie2robbie2 Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    My box showed 2 good tuners on arrival. I downloaded the software update, but after a few days one of the tuners gave up. Disconnecting the ‘good’ input left me with no signal whatsoever, so I couldn’t even watch a programme let alone record one. Powering the box down and a factory reset didn’t make any difference. Swapping back to my old Humax Foxsat showed 2 good inputs.
    Returned the box to the supplier a few days ago and am due to pick up a replacement tomorrow.
    Forum Member
    Should be there, you know you only get listings for channels with actual programmes. You have to go back from an ITV-SD channel in the epg.

Checking now to see if it's gone on my box.

EDIT

Working fine om my box, Lorraine is first programme in recent list.

Graham,
    I can go back from BBC One (101) to Earlier and BBC Two etc
    Actually going into the On Demand menu (on the left) from the Home button it says to press OK to go to On Demand, I see all the BBC channels that show programmes available for on demand watching. So I can scroll all the way down, but nowhere even is there ITV Player.

Its like ITV Player has been uninstalled!!

So when I am on ITV1 (103) I do not get Earlier as a highlighted option when going left. I do when on BBC channels.
    I do not see ITV Player as a choice from the On Demand section via the Home, as said earlier only get BBC iPlayer, 4OD and 5OD logos as a selection. Where is the ITV Player logo. It was there I'm sure before this firmware update.

Re: Tuners saga, that is just a pain in the butt. I can confirm that I see Signals detected on both tuners. But that is just randomness. I saw them earlier when I checked with both signals showing Good Quality and Strength and this when no Recordings happening. Then later on it showed only 1 tuner with a signal - but had moved. This is bad design, or poor notification to the box user. How are we meant to know this is by design and NOT a problem. The active tuners are only those in use...oh but it shows you have 2 cables, I was nearly ready to purchase a new LNB, as thought that was the issue.

They need to allow us to see what they have fixed in firmware updates.. this is so WRONG on all levels. I update firmware on Enterprise level server components as part of my job and have to review the release notes to the impact. This hardware just blatantly does it.
    I just told a friend with the same HDR-1000S, how is his performing after the firmware update.... he was literally shocked to find it had updated without any notification.

Another issue: Box just rebooted itself when I selected Delete on a past Planned Recording schedule.... nice.

UI Design Issue: The pages for listings of recordings or schedules in the bottom right of list shows something like eg for 13 entries
    1-7/13
    press page down or move to next page it displays
    8-1/13
    I presume thats meant to show 8-13/13?
    If not.. what then.

[rant over]
    Forum Member
    have u checked if the itvplayer is available on channel 903

i have all 4 on-demands showing altho 4 and 5 say coming soon
    Forum Member
    :mad:

I am located in an ITV Border region, but am in Dumfries, Scotland. We DO NOT get and never have been able to receive STV even in the Analog days,, we default to ITV Border. BUT....

Factory Default the HDR-1000S and at installation wizard..
    I put in my Dumfries postcode. I do not get ITV Player.
    Re-run the install wizard
    I put in a postcode of location 1 mile over the English border.... BAM .... ITV Player logo appears, channel 903 is populated.

Now this ITV Player WAS definitely there before the firmware update and I had my genuine postcode on installation when I got the box.

Further there is some confirmation of this I found on the freesat community forums about STV region not getting the ITV player and the likes. .... what a load of bollocks.
    http://community.freesat.co.uk/t5/free-time/lt-free-time-gt-updates-we-re-working-on/td-p/36/page/3

Would this be the same for anyone in the UTV region?

Interesting when I put in the English postcode it said on screen after Postcode search "England G2"

Get this scenario sorted now Freesat..!!!!

So for those in the ITV Borders region in Scotland you will not get ITV Player on your Freesat Freetime box if you put in your real postcode. Instead put in a English postcode.
    However, you will get BBC N&E on BBC One and not BBC Scotland as before.

Kinda straddling the fence where we are located.!!

EDIT: Is this a sign of readiness for Independence and the question hasn't even been asked yet.!!!
    Forum Member
    Someone has created a list of known issues.

https://sites.google.com/site/freesatlist/issues
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :
    So for those in the ITV Borders region in Scotland you will not get ITV Player on your Freesat Freetime box if you put in your real postcode. Instead put in a English postcode.
    However, you will get BBC N&E on BBC One and not BBC Scotland as before.

Kinda straddling the fence where we are located.!!

EDIT: Is this a sign of readiness for Independence and the question hasn't even been asked yet.!!!

You can use customise channels to move any of the BBC regions to 101 and 102 (they are all in the epg anyway)
    950 BBC 1 London
    951 BBC 1 CI
    952 BBC 1 E Mids
    953 BBC 1 East (E)
    954 BBC 1 East (W)
    955 BBC 1 N West
    956 BBC 1 NE & C
    957 BBC 1 NI
    958 BBC 1 Oxford
    959 BBC 1 S East
    960 BBC 1 Scotland
    961 BBC 1 South