Spare Parts

sloe_ginsloe_gin Posts: 427
Forum Member
My friend has recommended the Big Finish audio adventure 'Spare Parts' to illustrate 'Doctor Who' storytelling at its best. Is anyone else a fan? Why is it so highly regarded?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah it's fantastic. Really spooky, with some really solid 3D characters. Nyssa and Davison are fantastic. It's a real, proper story. You won't regret it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    One of the best big finish stories in my opinion
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a cracker - one of their absolute best. Every character will haunt your dreams; Yvonne's cries of "my uniform..."

Despite the whole Rise Of The Cyberman/Age Of Steel thing, this should get a proper NuWho adaptation.
  • Daniel DareDaniel Dare Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who else here has listened to 'Spare Parts'?
    How do you think it compares with this other origin story recently televised?
    And which one do you prefer?
  • Lord SmexyLord Smexy Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is indeed brilliant. Much like World Enough and Time, it gets what makes the Cybermen so unsettling. At the same time, there's a proper gothic horror tone to it, along the lines of the Hinchcliffe era. Give it a listen, if you can. Definitely Peter Davison's best Big Finish story.
  • PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought it in the sale over the weekend for just 99p. Been very ill so not had much chance to listen yet, only the first three chapters. From what I've heard so far it's brilliant and it's really helping me to envisage the world in which the Cybermen were created and why. World Enough and Time was completely haunting and I think I will feel the same about Spare Parts once I've finished it.
  • jazzygeofferzjazzygeofferz Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    I listened to it earlier this week. It's a great story. If anybody has Spotify Premium it's on there. I'm currently working through Destiny OF The Doctor.
  • TARDIS BlueTARDIS Blue Posts: 10,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does World Enough and Time contradict Spare Parts in any way?