Morrissey - not AGAIN!

Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Whilst I'm no Beckham fan, I don't think they deserve flogging.

He witters on about the hypocritical amongst us, then bemoans the state of the UK whilst he lives in Italy.

Pot/kettle/black mate? :rolleyes:

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/morrissey-the-beckhams-should-be-flogged-3347531.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2259432/Morrisseys-attack-Beckhams-They-dragged-edge-village-flogged.html

Comments

• Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morrissey is best ignored ..he just says things to be in the news..he is clinging on to what little fame he has
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well (& I'm trying really hard to support him), that is one point of many that he's asked about on a range of subjects.

But of course The Daily F*&% (a favourite of mine & yours ;) ) have chosen to pick the Beckham part of it.

I wish He'd go back to being known for his music, not being a grumpy so & so.....
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soundstory wrote: »
    Well (& I'm trying really hard to support him), that is one point of many that he's asked about on a range of subjects.

But of course The Daily F*&% (a favourite of mine & yours ;) ) have chosen to pick the Beckham part of it.

I wish He'd go back to being known for his music, not being a grumpy so & so.....

To be fair, the Irish Independent story mentions the Beckhams too....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He sounds more and more like a toothless old man these days. He reminds me of the old guy from that old 80's film 'Rita Sue And Bob Too' shouting "UP The IRA!"
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to agree with him on this one, obviously not the flogging, but I am sick and tired of seeing the Beckhams in the tabloids/magazines etc. If it's not Posh & Becks, it's their bloody kids.

Used to be a massive Beckham fan, thought the backlash he suffered after being sent off against Argentina in 1998 was disgraceful. But both him and his wife are media **** - Morrissey is correct when he says they 'actively chase the paparazzi', this was evident on the night of the Viva Forever premiere when Posh turned up last and without the rest of the Spice Girls, she knew it would gain maximum exposure and it did.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,891
    Forum Member
    I wish the ranting hypocrite would shut up, for good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    He sounds more and more like a toothless old man these days. He reminds me of the old guy from that old 80's film 'Rita Sue And Bob Too' shouting "UP The IRA!"

LOL! :D

1.54 in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb0jtkYx8Iw
    Forum Member
    Have to agree with him on this one, obviously not the flogging, but I am sick and tired of seeing the Beckhams in the tabloids/magazines etc. If it's not Posh & Becks, it's their bloody kids.

Used to be a massive Beckham fan, thought the backlash he suffered after being sent off against Argentina in 1998 was disgraceful. But both him and his wife are media **** - Morrissey is correct when he says they 'actively chase the paparazzi', this was evident on the night of the Viva Forever premiere when Posh turned up last and without the rest of the Spice Girls, she knew it would gain maximum exposure and it did.

No question about that, and of course Morrisey is totally naive to the fact that spouting such venom is going to raise his own profile and keep him in the "headlines".... why can't be have an opinion, and just keep it to himself? Because he's also an attention-seeker, just of a different kind.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    No question about that, and of course Morrisey is totally naive to the fact that spouting such venom is going to raise his own profile and keep him in the "headlines".... why can't be have an opinion, and just keep it to himself? Because he's also an attention-seeker, just of a different kind.

True. He's a pain the butt. But I do love the Lord and Lady Peckham remarks, he's spot on there :D
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im sure mr beckham is wondering who the talentless never-been is?

shame on the uk media for even reporting what the bitter fool is gibbering.
    Forum Member
    codeblue wrote: »
    im sure mr beckham is wondering who the talentless never-been is?

shame on the uk media for even reporting what the bitter fool is gibbering.

Well said. "Peckhams"?. How old is he, 13?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morrissey is a legend and speaks the truth.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    Well said. "Peckhams"?. How old is he, 13?

I think that's just his silly way of 'bringing them low'.

How pathetic of a fifty something (supposedly) grown man.
    Forum Member
    I think that's just his silly way of 'bringing them low'.

How pathetic of a fifty something (supposedly) grown man.

Yeah I get that, the question mark really relates to your second sentence. as in "Really? a man of his age needs to resort to public name-calling...??".
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    Morrisey is a troll. Some of his music is ok though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His music and lyrics are fantastic, which is more than you can say for Mrs Beckham. She must really pinch herself at times.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His music and lyrics are fantastic, which is more than you can say for Mrs Beckham. She must really pinch herself at times.

Morrissey - boring and repetitive.

Victoria B - boring and talentless

In other words, both pretty rubbish. IMO. ;)
  • MP3_4_LifeMP3_4_Life Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    Morrissey is a legend and speaks the truth.

Morrissey is a Leg-End and speaks nothing but bile recently, to rant on about someone craving publicity while getting publicity for the rant is hypocritical to say the least!
  • MP3_4_LifeMP3_4_Life Posts: 175
    Forum Member

and when was the last time he had a hit? his last album did get to a respectable 3 in the charts but surely a person like himself who feels that the sun should shine out of his a**e get a No.1 from every album :yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MP3_4_Life wrote: »
    and when was the last time he had a hit? his last album did get to a respectable 3 in the charts but surely a person like himself who feels that the sun should shine out of his a**e get a No.1 from every album :yawn:

I think Morrissey would realise that the charts are largely dominated by guff music these days.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Morrissey would realise that the charts are largely dominated by guff music these days.

''Guff'' - not a million miles away from his own stuff then? :D
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morrissey is living under a bridge nowadays...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMEe7JqBgvg
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    Well thanks Morrissey! You've got me feeling sorry for the Beckhams. That's just nuts.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from the UKIP comments he's bang on the money.
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In all honestly The Smiths and Morrissey are great at music, total and utter geniuses, but Morrissey as a person is just a total and utter f**kwit.

I can forgive him his opinions on celebrities and the royals, as at the end of the day they are his opinions, but what really gets my goat is his holier than thou attitude. At one concert he refused to perform because someone was eating meat, I mean what a total tool. If you don't like meat eating then don't eat meat, but don't expect others to share your views, and certainly don't refuse to play for your paying customers because they choose too.