Samsung Cashback

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Obviously I still haven't done mine yet as i can't until the 20th but is a PDF of your receipt always required and couldn't you just take a picture of it and make that into a PDF?
  • OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obviously I still haven't done mine yet as i can't until the 20th but is a PDF of your receipt always required and couldn't you just take a picture of it and make that into a PDF?

Yeah that's fine - I just scanned my Amazon receipt into a jpg, then opened the jpg, used 'CutePDF' to create a PDF from the jpg. Uploaded this using the online claim form worked fine.
  • Toby53Toby53 Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SkipTracer wrote: »
    Fill in the online form.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/tab2cashback/

You will need a copy of your receipt to send so you will need a scanner with software to convert to a PDF file or in your case a copy of your invoice. From memory don't JL give you a link to your invoice somewhere?

I have done mine with sales receipts but I think it’s the same procedure for invoices. Have a read of the T&C it says something about online sales in there.

If anyone has brought a Galaxy from John Lewis they have removed the cashbak link from their site, make sure that you use this link. Oh ansd yes the price has gone up to £355 with no cash back offered and of course they oos
  • SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toby53 wrote: »
    If anyone has brought a Galaxy from John Lewis they have removed the cashbak link from their site, make sure that you use this link. Oh ansd yes the price has gone up to £355 with no cash back offered and of course they oos
    That’s the Galaxy Note that’s £355 and the Tab 2 10.1 is still £238 without cash back however the cash back also applies to the Note as well.

There are a lot of retailers that don’t seem to know about the cash back deal as when I brought mine Tesco had nothing about cash back and I only stumbled on it when I noticed PC World had it up on their web site. When my daughter brought her Tab a few weeks later the sales guy said to us “do we know about the cash back” and of course we already did, but the next day Tesco had big banners up all over the electrical department about it.

The cash back offer ends on the 31st of December 2012 and the last claim date is the 28th of February 2013.
  • DSSRDSSR Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Toby53 wrote: »
    If anyone has brought a Galaxy from John Lewis they have removed the cashbak link from their site,

Tesco and John Lewis have removed their banner advertising the £50 Samsung Cashback on tablets. I emailed both to find out why and was told 'they' are no longer taking part in the promotion. However, Samsung still have both retailers listed.

Tesco got quite snotty on the phone and suggested they would block the £50 cashback because they now offer a £30 reduction (regardless of the fact that most retailers are selling for £238). I had already ordered from one Tesco direct, but due to their attitude over the phone I cancelled the order on the spot. Neither could offer any real explanation why they've stopped the offer. But when the the deal is carried out by Samsung and the buyer, how does the retailer prevent the cashback ?

Does anyone have any ideas why both these retailers have taken this stance ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DSSR wrote: »
    Tesco and John Lewis have removed their banner advertising the £50 Samsung Cashback on tablets. I emailed both to find out why and was told 'they' are no longer taking part in the promotion. However, Samsung still have both retailers listed.

Tesco got quite snotty on the phone and suggested they would block the £50 cashback because they now offer a £30 reduction (regardless of the fact that most retailers are selling for £238). I had already ordered from one Tesco direct, but due to their attitude over the phone I cancelled the order on the spot. Neither could offer any real explanation why they've stopped the offer. But when the the deal is carried out by Samsung and the buyer, how does the retailer prevent the cashback ?

Does anyone have any ideas why both these retailers have taken this stance ?

I have not got a clue why they are being funny because the cash back deal has absolutely nothing to do with the retailers. Perhaps they are getting fed up with inquiries about cash back when it’s nothing to do with them although of course they are the ones that benefit from it along with the purchaser. It could of course be some thing to do with the terms and condition and may be customers are getting caught out by claiming too late or too early, getting their claim rejected then giving the retailer what for.

When I brought my first Tab 2 in October in Tesco they had nothing on their web site or in shop about cash back and I only got the fifty quid by following a link to Samsung cash back site on the PC World site.
  • marlingmarling Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bought my Galaxy Tab from Currys mid-October. The cheque arrived today :)
    Forum Member
    Just claimed my cashback, seemed easy enough.

Now if I haven't heard anything back within 14 days I need to email them to check whats going on, is that right?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just claimed my cashback, seemed easy enough.

Now if I haven't heard anything back within 14 days I need to email them to check whats going on, is that right?

You can check your status by entering your reference number into the 'check you claim status' page
    http://www.samsung.com/uk/tab2cashback/

Mine has just been paid into my bank today, I applied 26th October
    Forum Member
    Turns out I'm stupid and I've only just realized. :D

Where the cashback form asks for your bank details the last box is "Account Name" and in an act of complete stupidity I entered my banks name. :eek: :cry: Whereas they obviously wanted my name. :o

It was early in the morning, thats my excuse.

I've emailed them to let them know how stupid I am, any idea how quick they are to reply?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Turns out I'm stupid and I've only just realized. :D

Where the cashback form asks for your bank details the last box is "Account Name" and in an act of complete stupidity I entered my banks name. :eek: :cry: Whereas they obviously wanted my name. :o

It was early in the morning, thats my excuse.

I've emailed them to let them know how stupid I am, any idea how quick they are to reply?

I made a similar mistake (its easy enough when you keep reading “as terms and conditions” over and over) but I put down my initials as shown on my bank cards and cheque book but you have to put your full name.

In regards to time I waited until about two days before the time was up and sent them an email saying I was getting concerned for which I had a auto reply saying basically “were running late with claims due to large demand” or words to that effect.

A few days later I had a personal email with a persons name on it telling me to correctly fill in the form. I have 2 separate claims in for 3 tabs and filled both out wrong but I ask the guy to correct my other claim too if he could and he must have listened to me because they have all been approved now.
    Forum Member
    SkipTracer wrote: »
    I made a similar mistake (its easy enough when you keep reading “as terms and conditions” over and over) but I put down my initials as shown on my bank cards and cheque book but you have to put your full name.

In regards to time I waited until about two days before the time was up and sent them an email saying I was getting concerned for which I had a auto reply saying basically “were running late with claims due to large demand” or words to that effect.

A few days later I had a personal email with a persons name on it telling me to correctly fill in the form. I have 2 separate claims in for 3 tabs and filled both out wrong but I ask the guy to correct my other claim too if he could and he must have listened to me because they have all been approved now.

Thanks for the info Skip. :)

As I say I've emailed them already to let them know about my mistake, haven't received an auto reply as yet though.

Is the 31st of December the last date you can fill the form in (in case I'm required to fill it in again) or is that the last day you can purchase your tab and still claim cashback?

Oh and I emailed help@samsungbacktocollege.com, that is the correct email isn't it? I'm 99.9% sure it is but I like to make doubly sure. :D

Thanks for your help. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info Skip. :)

As I say I've emailed them already to let them know about my mistake, haven't received an auto reply as yet though.

Is the 31st of December the last date you can fill the form in (in case I'm required to fill it in again) or is that the last day you can purchase your tab and still claim cashback?

Oh and I emailed help@samsungbacktocollege.com, that is the correct email isn't it? I'm 99.9% sure it is but I like to make doubly sure. :D

Thanks for your help. :)

Yes that is the correct email address.

When they reply to your emails it comes from “noreply@backtocollege.com” so I think the backtocollege address is the only one for this offer.

With the claiming dates this is a bit confusing as the offer closes on the 31st December so if you buy one on New Years Eve you will qualify and you have until the 28th February to claim.

It’s the “not before” and “not after” that caused me confusion because on the deal that ended in October it was not before 30 days have past and no later than 45 days but the current deal is not before 15 days and not later than 60 days.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, I was just browsing this forum to see if I had done the right thing getting the SG2 7.0 for my brother's Christmas prezzie, cashback sounds like a present for me :p. Can I claim if I bought it from PC World?
  • ugglauggla Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neb Adra wrote: »
    Hi, I was just browsing this forum to see if I had done the right thing getting the SG2 7.0 for my brother's Christmas prezzie, cashback sounds like a present for me :p. Can I claim if I bought it from PC World?

Yes you can if purchased before december 31st no idea why shops stopped advertising it when its not paid from the stores anyway so they have nothing to lose.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But wait 16 days after invoice date before claiming. It says 15 but its best to be safe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I purchased a Samsung tablet 10.1 from Currys Meadhall branch Sheffield on the 08-11.2012, I have been trying to get cash back ever since. Samsung have not replied to any of my emails. and when I wrote an email to Currys cah back site it asked the question what case I had bought, I was never offered a case and not told it was part of the cash back deal, It seems a big scam to keep you trying until the offer runs out, I will never deal with Currys again
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pdengine wrote: »
    I purchased a Samsung tablet 10.1 from Currys Meadhall branch Sheffield on the 08-11.2012, I have been trying to get cash back ever since. Samsung have not replied to any of my emails. and when I wrote an email to Currys cah back site it asked the question what case I had bought, I was never offered a case and not told it was part of the cash back deal, It seems a big scam to keep you trying until the offer runs out, I will never deal with Currys again

Did you apply online for the Samsung cashback and get an email to confirm they've received your application?

The actual cashback can take 45 to 60 days to happen for successful claims....they're also probably inundated with claims to process I suspect.

I thought that with the Curry's deal £30 cashback was claimed from Currys and £50 (for 10") was claimed back from Samsung..... but I may be mistaken.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a little update to this thread.

I got £100 (2 x £50 ) for my daughter and OH Tab 2 10.1’s today, all in all just over 2 months from buying to cash back in bank.

My own Tab 10.1 that I brought about the second week of October will be paid in about two weeks time due to different timing conditions on the Samsung cash back deals so this one will be almost 3 months.

So anybody waiting and have had the validation email your cash is on its way.:)
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,128
    Forum Member
    pdengine wrote: »

We bought one from Currys for my Grandson for Christmas but they were offering £80 cashback, £30 from Currys and £50 form Samsung as Orbitalzone says but Currys deal did involve buying a case. I thought it was worth it as we got a case for £20. Mind you we bought it on the 1st December so I don't know if the offer had changed - maybe when you bought yours you didn't need to buy a case but as the offer possibly changed whoever you spoke to on the phone has got mixed up. I already knew I had to buy a case but I was also told how to claim; not to claim before 30 days; and was also given a little leaflet with the details about claiming on it.
    Forum Member
    I have no real idea whats happening with my cashback, well I kinda do but not really.

After making my mistake on the online claim form, emailing them and getting no reply I finally got an email about two weeks ago from documents@samsungbacktocollege.com asking for the details I got wrong but also for details that weren't even asked for on the claim form.

So I sent them everything they asked for about 20 minutes after receiving their email and still haven't heard a thing.

When I put my claim number into the tracker it just says "Claim Status:" and nothing else.

Starting to wonder if its actually worth the hassle.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They might be hoping you think its not worth the hassle though, so dont give up
  • paulj48paulj48 Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Depends if you think £50 is worth the hastle of a simple phone call.

My status seemed to be 'stuck' on pending for ages, rang them up, after 10 minutes on hold I was told their computer system was down but somebody would ring me back within two days. Was supprised to receive an email 30 minutes later sayin the claim had been validated :)

They must be really busy but ringing them up jumps you to the top of their list.
  • Toby53Toby53 Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just had an email today saying applicaion accepted, cash due in 30days at the most.
    If you have had your cash back does it really take this long?
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rather than wasting time procrastinating why not put in a 2nd but correct claim?

Also I think that those not giving bank details were asked to phone, which obviously is a profile you fit.