Is DYNAMO the magician some sort of freak of nature?

Comments

• sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fender101 wrote: »
    I see no one has tried to explain the newspaper one yet. Doesn't work with "stooges and camera tricks" does it..

We don't see the selection process by which the DJ chooses that particular paper and/or page. It's not really important, but I'm pretty sure it's down to the DJ thinking he had a choice when he didn't all along and that paper/page was "bruteforced" upon him for want of a better term.
  • Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    The window trick is pretty obvious
  • welshsarahwelshsarah Posts: 5,082
    Forum Member
    when he puts the mobile phone into the bottle that always gets me
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I already posted it but here it is again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKh-g3OUIjA

Oh ya I remember that one.

I dont know but if I was to take a guess .......

The Radio 1 show was scripted. This goes back to using stooges. Scott Mills was a stooge as were the other celebrities used in other tricks.

Dynamo left a red box into the studio days before his interview. He could have been empty. Maybe he left it in 5 mins before his interview. We don't know. Scott Mills knew whick article to read and from what page.

Thats hardly his most bizarre trick !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Oh ya I remember that one.

The Radio 1 show was scripted. This goes back to using stooges. Scott Mills was a stooge as were the other celebrities used in other tricks.

Dynamo left a red box into the studio days before his interview. He could have been empty. Maybe he left it in 5 mins before his interview. We don't know. Scott Mills knew whick article to read and from what page.

Thats hardly his most bizarre trick !

If you remember he sent the box about 4 days before the papers were printed.

So basically, all everyone can come up with is that everyone involved is in on it. Even the people on live morning TV shows when he does tricks. Why is it so difficult to say you know it's a trick but you have no idea how it's done.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member

So basically, all everyone can come up with is that everyone involved is in on it. Even the people on live morning TV shows when he does tricks. Why is it so difficult to say you know it's a trick but you have no idea how it's done.

I did say that. I said

You quoted me saying that.

I am just purely guessing. He delivered the box 4 days before the interview but really, is there not a posibility that the Radio crowd might have been in on it ??

Thats my guess anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Dynamo left a gift for Scott (a key) before he had to head off back to Bradford.

I guess that off camera at some point prior to Dynamo chatting with Scott, he also left a spare key with one of the production crew. "I've got a spare key..." - ah rightio, so other people have access to the box.....

Let's be honest, the trick is shit and far from his best.
  • NestNest Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's bloody amazing! Jeezamo! :D
  • soransoran Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else seen the Asian kid that can do this: :eek::eek:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNMP9nh-Ud0
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gilbertoo wrote: »
    Dynamo left a gift for Scott (a key) before he had to head off back to Bradford.

I guess that off camera at some point prior to Dynamo chatting with Scott, he also left a spare key with one of the production crew. "I've got a spare key..." - ah rightio, so other people have access to the box.....

Let's be honest, the trick is shit and far from his best.

just a guess, as usual, followed by a derogatory comment.

The amount of derision over people like this makes me wonder if it actually scares people because they don't understand it. Slag it off and make it safe. I'm not saying it really is magic. But what ever it is is very well done. I have never seen one factual explanation as to how he does any of his tricks. Just speculation. And if all these people were 'in on it' then they are bloody good actors, all I can say.
  • PopRocketPopRocket Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gold2040 wrote: »
    Now here's a challenge!

Amazing
  • Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe I'm a bit naive but I struggle to believe, especially with the TV scripted scandals of fake traffic wardens etc that any production company would be daft enough to set up that many fake tricks with people "in on it"

Of course there at the odd stooge but they're part and parcel of illusions. The nightclub window and disappearing in shops had stooges and that's fine.

But that's different to having a fake girl in the mobile phone, bottle trick or coca cola and fanta in on a trick. Who was the band when he balanced the guitar? None of those struck me as having people in on it and in this day and age somebody would brag for a few £s.
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaymitch1 wrote: »
    seriously, how does he do the things he does?
    he literrally appears able to read peoples minds.
    and i have just seen him on tv showing a 'trick' to natalie umbrelia. he made all the fake butterflies on the wall come to life and fly around the room.
    :confused:

is anyone clever enough to work out how he does this stuff?

He's a magician who's dedicated years of practice to his craft
  • JetsonJetson Posts: 13,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Is that the one where there were two large gentlemen, in overcoats down to their feet, while the people outside were in shorts and t-shirts? I wonder how he could have disappeared from view like that....

Except they don't add "if you were sitting exactly where the camera is".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IpmJZQjIUY

Looks like slight of hand... :D:cool:

;)
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's an option for the newspaper one.
    He switches the box on the day of the interview and 'leads' Mills to the required story.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just a guess, as usual, followed by a derogatory comment.

The amount of derision over people like this makes me wonder if it actually scares people because they don't understand it. Slag it off and make it safe. I'm not saying it really is magic. But what ever it is is very well done. I have never seen one factual explanation as to how he does any of his tricks. Just speculation. And if all these people were 'in on it' then they are bloody good actors, all I can say.

What?

I LOVE magic - I've been to some great shows in Vegas and have visited London especially to buy some simple, but great magic tricks. This trick is doing the opposite - trying to be too complicated, but ultimately ends up being a bit shit.

It's a FACT that people other than Dynamo had access to the box - a member of Scott's crew say they have a spare key. Now, I'm not saying someone else actually DID access the box, but others certainly DID have an opportunity to. Right?

Whatever happened, the drawing was done on the day, not when the box was originally given to Radio 1. The box was either tampered with or simply swapped. Like forcing a card, Dynamo simply forced the page on Scott.

This is kinda like watching 9/11 conspiracy videos too - this one has been edited to remove the "I've got a spare key...", http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx-akbvZDwo

This one has, too.......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzfcm2J8H_0

Both of the above have been taken straight off Dynamos Magician Impossible - for some reason, the programme editors decide to remove the "I've got a spare key" comment......wonder why...
  • MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James J wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IpmJZQjIUY

Looks like slight of hand... :D:cool:

;)

This trick is so lazy you can see where the edit is.
    gold2040 wrote: »
    Now here's a challenge!

Now that is real skill. I'd like to see Dynamo pull something like that off, but he won't because he's got no talent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moggio wrote: »

Now that is real skill. I'd like to see Dynamo pull something like that off, but he won't because he's got no talent.

I saw Lance do that trick live in Vegas. The speed is really impressive! The last trick he did in the show was to make is hat fly around the theatre - that one unfortunately was complete shit and the wire was embarrassingly visible!

To be fair, Dynamo is a good magician.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    I can't believe this question is even being asked. He's an illusionist, a good one, yes, but an illusionist nonetheless. Most of the great illusionists are skeptics/rationalists and quite open about the fact that it's just tricks. But I think a lot of people aren't aware of this and think they're claiming to have supernatural powers when very few actually are. In fact the only one that springs to mind who does claim so is Uri Geller, and he was debunked by James Randi a while ago.

Just enjoy it for what it is, a very dedicated and talented individual exhibiting their art after years of hard work. It doesn't have to be supernatural to be enjoyable. In fact I think it's more impressive.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loopzilla wrote: »
    Dynamo's alright. Its easy to spot most magicians' tricks with SkyPlus slowmo. But he's so dull, he's borderline Blaine personality-wise....slightly more smily though.

My ultimate fave magician is Pete Firman, you can drive a bus through the holes in is tricks but he's so entertaining and that's what counts. The Magic Dragon's a decent one too.

Saying all that, though, if anyone approached me in the street and did their magic at me at normal speed I would be impressed.

It would just irritate me.
  • JetsonJetson Posts: 13,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moggio wrote: »

You're saying its a total farce and just a camera cut and some clothes suspended on wires dropped?

That all the people who said they saw it are actors, and saw nothing?

Is that what you're truly saying? If so, where is the proof? Prove to me it's all one big lie. That the cameramen and team are in cahoots to totally manufacture a trick like this?

Prove it. One little leak or exposé. Go on!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're saying its a total farce and just a camera cut and some clothes suspended on wires dropped?

Is that what you're truly saying? If so, where is the proof? Prove to me it's all one big lie. That the cameramen and team are in cahoots to totally manufacture a trick like this?

No, no. You're right. He really did vanish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member

I'm going to invoke Occams Razor here:

Option A - That it was a camera trick, using stooges.

Option B - That some genetic mutation has given just this one kid from Bradford the ability to self-teleport (but not the ability to take his clothes with him). I'm pretty sure this would mean that the laws of physics are wrong, and also natural selection, as if this sort of ability had existed in humans it would be a huge evolutionary advantage (along with his apparant ability to fly and walk on water) and should really be present at large in the population. And yet, for some reason, it isn't.

Believe what you want to believe. But the onus isn't on people to 'disprove' option B - it's an extraordinary claim that requires extraordinary evidence.
  • MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah. You can see the cut at around 38 seconds in when the camera pans behind the guy with the jacket. It's not even well hidden. Awful.

http://youtu.be/5IpmJZQjIUY?t=35s

No, I'm sure they saw a trick but what they saw wasn't necessarily indicative of what we saw on television. David Blaine used the same technique of editing in footage filmed later in his levitation routine to make it appear more impressive than it actually was.

The cameramen and production crew are in on it, yeah. You know this is a magic trick, right?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So what else do you think it is?

Um...yes...the team/cameramen are 'in on it' because that's how it was done. A lot of what Dynamo does is with camera-tricks/cuts/angles(plus stooges).

You are saying it is a 'total farce' - it's an illusion that requires camera editing to do it.

Now that he has got a street magic team behind him he has done some good in camera stuff (with some required previously unshown subtefuge to make a trick work - nicely done in one case).

However, the problem is that he does use camera edits/very obvious stooges.

Just take on board that he is a good cardician, an average 'illusion type' magician who uses a lot of shop bought stuff with stooges and camera editing etc who has worked to get where he is via good promotion and PR.

The problem is the stuff he shows on screen is *SO AMAZING* that people think he is some incredibly good magician better than any other magician they have seen when in fact the *SO AMAZING* tricks involve stooges and camera tricks. And the tricks that are nice and clever and small aren;t the ones that people go wow at which they should because they *are* the clever ones.