Victoria Beckham - does she ever smile?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Butterface wrote: »
    She was pictured at the woolmark event recently without sunglasses and she looks absolutely awful without them. Sunken, small eyes with big dark shadows underneath them. IMO that's why she wears them 24/7.

She clearly hates her teeth as she immediately puts her hand over her mouth as soon as she laughs or smiles.

I've never seen anyone look so insecure, stiff, awkward, and unable to relax as Victoria Beckham. Compared to her kids and husband, who just act and are photographed interacting like normal human beings, she looks painfully robotic and 'practiced'.

The 'Victoria' pose - the one foot in front of the other, head bent at a weird angle giving her a strange humped neck, no smile, hip forward - just looks ludicrous, as she jumps into said pose the instant anyone wants a still pic.

I think people would identify with her more and possibly even like her a little more if she'd just relax a bit.

This.

Anyone could be forgiven for thinking she's just a very unhappy person even if she isn't.
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was pictured at the woolmark event recently without sunglasses and she looks absolutely awful without them. Sunken, small eyes with big dark shadows underneath them. IMO that's why she wears them 24/7.

She clearly hates her teeth as she immediately puts her hand over her mouth as soon as she laughs or smiles.

I've never seen anyone look so insecure, stiff, awkward, and unable to relax as Victoria Beckham. Compared to her kids and husband, who just act and are photographed interacting like normal human beings, she looks painfully robotic and 'practiced'.

The 'Victoria' pose - the one foot in front of the other, head bent at a weird angle giving her a strange humped neck, no smile, hip forward - just looks ludicrous, as she jumps into said pose the instant anyone wants a still pic.

I think people would identify with her more and possibly even like her a little more if she'd just relax a bit.

She's been like this since she went to America, she needs to get a grip, act more like a human and eat some real food.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's been like this since she went to America, she needs to get a grip, act more like a human and eat some real food.

This.

I'm sick of seeing and hearing about her.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    downtonfan wrote: »

that is a bad example:D

I know some of these are but she looks lovely in a good few shots here IMO (the baseball jacket one is nice & some further down page)
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/4531601/The-12-times-Victoria-Beckham-has-smiled.html
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look how old some of those shots of her smiling are !!! I don't think she's been caught smiling and showing her teeth since Romeo was a babe in arms !

Notice the very latest 'huge broad grin on the catwalk' wasn't caught at all, as she immediately clamped both hands over her mouth. She does this ALL the time. I even read an article recently where Cheryl Cole mentioned that when they were WAGS together at the World Cup (?) that she noticed Victoria laughed but 'immediately put a hand over her mouth'. Cheryl thought it was strange, insecure behaviour and it is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay playmates, old subject but doesn't anything make this woman smile? One of her kids had a birthday this week nothing, just the sourpuss look and what's with the sunglasses 24/7?

Just saying and ranting at the same time....:o
    `It is strange`..Particularly as she has so much to smile about,
    unlike those that have very little,but still manage to smile
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ecckles wrote: »
    `It is strange`..Particularly as she has so much to smile about,
    unlike those that have very little,but still manage to smile

Exactly...wealth, husband, kids, not a smile in sight, not even when Harper was born and even Harper has inherited this sourpuss look.
  • viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get the obsession with people wanting her to smile. Just because someone smiles doesn't mean they are happy, the same way if someone isn't smiling it doesn't mean they are unhappy or sad. I don't like smiling either so I don't, doesn't mean I'm not happy or miserable.

Equally for all we know her house could be filled of private pictures with her grinning away. We only see what she wants us to see and I'm sure if she was that bothered what people thought and wanted to appear to be "happy" then she would smile a bit more in public.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Only when she breaks wind
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,240
    Forum Member
    julie2009 wrote: »
    No not everyone needs to walk about with a huge grin on their face but the occasional smile would do her no harm.
    Every photo of her she is pouting or staring into space as if she has the worries of the world on her shoulders.
    Can't understand why. She was everything but obviously something is definitely missing from her life.

So because she doesn't smile enough in front of cameras, you've deduced that there's something missing in her life?

Good grief.
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    I spotted her smiling last night.
    It was a very old clip of her being interviewed by Little Ant & Dec, must be 6 years ago. She was laughing, on film!!!

She does appear to have become more glum over the years, but the photos of her smiling at the fashion shows are nice.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vierte wrote: »
    I don't get the obsession with people wanting her to smile. Just because someone smiles doesn't mean they are happy, the same way if someone isn't smiling it doesn't mean they are unhappy or sad. I don't like smiling either so I don't, doesn't mean I'm not happy or miserable.

Equally for all we know her house could be filled of private pictures with her grinning away. We only see what she wants us to see and I'm sure if she was that bothered what people thought and wanted to appear to be "happy" then she would smile a bit more in public.

I agree. I would struggle to find a photo of me smiling because I hate having my photo taken. I'm sure, if I was a celeb, I'd be being slagged off as a miserable cow but I'm as far removed from a sourpuss as you can get.

I like VB. When I've seen her speak, she seems like a warm and witty woman with a great sense of humour and irony. So what if she doesn't want to do an impression of a Cheshire cat every time a pap is in sight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I agree. I would struggle to find a photo of me smiling because I hate having my photo taken. I'm sure, if I was a celeb, I'd be being slagged off as a miserable cow but I'm as far removed from a sourpuss as you can get.

I like VB. When I've seen her speak, she seems like a warm and witty woman with a great sense of humour and irony. So what if she doesn't want to do an impression of a Cheshire cat every time a pap is in sight.

I'm exactly the same, I don't think I've ever had a photo taken of me smiling open mouthed.

Plus, 90% of the photos we see of VB are of her walking down the street. I doubt anyone walks down the street grinning, especially if there's a score of paps in your face. I remember reading an interview with her once where she said she hated her smile/teeth, and now she doesn't allow herself to be photographed smiling because she knows it'll be a huge deal.
  • peopleschmeoplepeopleschmeople Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This. She seems to be unable to relax and is ridiculously self-conscious. It's amazing that someone so lacking in charisma has got so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This. She seems to be unable to relax and is ridiculously self-conscious. It's amazing that someone so lacking in charisma has got so far.

She is also annoyed that David is more famous than she is...:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She'd look a darn sight better if she put on about half a stone. I've always said this. She must be healthy enough as she's managed 4 kids but the unnatural thinness is really starting to age her now.

It's a steely ambition to be 'more famous than Daz automatic.' And she managed it......thanks to marrying David Beckham too. That didn't harm her goals for world domination.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's not happy i think vb an db are together for the kids and there brand I think she lets herself down she was a complete idiot at the spice girls musical premiere she blanked the spice girls and if you ask me she is trying to go up against the top designers No Chance and people seem to of forgot she snubbed the uk now she's back as she's not big in the U.S I think she is obsessed with being a celebrity maybe she's messed up she does not help herself
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amyawake wrote: »
    Why would she smile when she is totally focused with the pouty (sex) look?...
    D'ya think she practised in front of a mirror... But it's uncanny how it is EXACTLY the same pose... sure I've seen someone superimpose two shots and you couldn't distinguish them... it was Sooooo perfectly the same :eek:
    Lushness wrote: »
    I saw a few pics of her smiling during one of her pregnancies; she has a lovely smile. I think she doesn't smile often as she wants to avoid lines round the mouth.

Could be... Smiling wrecks the face and I don't think you can Botox your mouth...:eek: :D
    chloeb wrote: »
    She's become a charicature of her herself.
    A ridiculous woman

But so very very rich.... :(
    I don't think that Victoria sees it cool to pose with a smile on her face. Even little Harper looks serious and has a pout like her mum.

Should get the psychologists onto this one... what happens to a small child whose mum doesn't smile at/with her... :confused:
  • BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUgCCDSRhMc in this interview she seems like a very nice woman, I agree with what someone said earlier about any snaps of her smiling will probably be deleted
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Baban wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUgCCDSRhMc in this interview she seems like a very nice woman, I agree with what someone said earlier about any snaps of her smiling will probably be deleted

I knew someone who had a blog which was removed because it had images of VB smiling,.
  • BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew someone who had a blog which was removed because it had images of VB smiling,.

That's awful:(
  • RoxysirenRoxysiren Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    It is possible to smile and look happy without having to show your teeth. :D
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So because she doesn't smile enough in front of cameras, you've deduced that there's something missing in her life?

Good grief.

I'm with you, I can't believe anyone gives a toss. If she doesn't feel comfortable smiling in front of cameras, why should she?

Reminds me of those 'cheeky chappie' gits who feel the need to say 'Cheer up love, it might never happen' to anyone they see who isn't grinning like a recently lobotomized gerbil.
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her. I don't like everything she does, but she has a very dry sense of humour and doesn't seem to take herself seriously.